Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0)

shrisha

I just tried to boot with opencore EFI, which you sent me, the very last one. And it is gives that error in very beginning: Failed to bootstrap SB NVRAM values Invalid Parameter. - Halting on critical error. I fully shutdown computer. With power switch and still got this error.

I think opencore is not working with resize-BAR enabled.

Edited by shrisha

• Supervisor

no @shrishahere works

I have had sometime that errors if I mix different Opencore version (eg one I use for my virtual setup with Unraid or clover boot loader)

I had to reset my bios and clear NVRAM with both bootloader

which config plist are you using?

if Resize bar is enabled put 0 in resize bar quirk

now it should be to -1 (disabled)

but it should work with -1 also if you have it enabled in bios

On 3/4/2022 at 2:57 AM, fabiosun said:

Shrisha OC 078.zipAnd this is a new 078 EFI to try

In boot menu Reset NVRAM before trying it

Hello Fabio. Thank you for holding up with me 🙂

So I tried with your last OC EFI and was getting same error "Failed to bootstrap SB NVRAM values Invalid Parameter" and I managed to solve it by disabling SecureBootModel in Misc - Security section. And now booting stuck at that point what is on attached photo. I did reset NVRAM before booting.

Also I have to use OBS Studio yesterday and seems like hardware encoding by GPU, Vega 64 in my case, is very very poor. I checked in windows and Linux acceleration is perfectly fine there but in Monterey I'm getting very bad FPSs. Is something should be enabled?

PXL_20220305_104134542.jpg

Edited by shrisha

Just now, fabiosun said:

For Aquantia have you tried this in clover?

For others problem with OpenCore I have to think about it and for now no proper idea on it

I do not know OBS Studio app and if its codec is supported properly in Monterey

Yes I tried Aquantia in clover it is still didn't shows up in network devices.

Ok no problem since clover still works ok. Also may be it can help, just want to say few observations. Clover and OC is very slow to boot before I can choose drive from where to boot of. Also booting itself quite slow. And sometimes when system fully booted desktop animations is four times slower then it should. I have to reboot again to fix it.

Also last OC EFI from you is not making any log file.

• Supervisor

for gpu problem have you tried without any Overclock in a default bios situation ?

Only PBO enabled If you have a good cooling system

Clover ha solved a problem with TSC in its latest revison

Maybe it works bad with OC settings

To speed up a bit initial clover steps you can disable log writing on Boot Config plist section

Thank you Fabio 🙂

I always do the manual overclock it is better in a sense of stability and noise management.

Side question. Can you please check Wirecast app by Telestream? It's force-close when I'm trying to lunch it. You did patches for other software may be you can make this one work as well?

Sorry was trying older version. Latest works fine.

Edited by shrisha

@fabiosun

Hi @Fabio.

For a past two days I have this problem with desktop animation being like 4 times slower then it should be. Everything is like in slow-motion. I had this problem before and just reboot usually was fixing it. But now rebooting is not help at all. I tried reset NVRAM with clover and with OC every time when rebooting and it's not make any difference. Difficult to work with this weird situation. What do you think could be a cause of this? I didn't change anything in clover configuration since successful installation.

Thank you.

Edited by shrisha

• Supervisor

@shrisha

Clover has some problem with TSC 

this could produce bad animation and also worst GPU performances than OpenCore bootloader

It seemed solved in latest Clover 5144 and greater

For your system I am more worried about the lack of chance to use OpenCore boot loader 

A simple try could be to start your system with default bios settings without any overclock and check with terminal frequencies you have for tsc

5 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@shrisha

Clover has some problem with TSC 

this could produce bad animation and also worst GPU performances than OpenCore bootloader

It seemed solved in latest Clover 5144 and greater

For your system I am more worried about the lack of chance to use OpenCore boot loader 

A simple try could be to start your system with default bios settings without any overclock and check with terminal frequencies you have for tsc

Thank you Fabio. I'll try what you told me. And my clover 5145.

Really want to have working computer. If you have time and would like to help I can give you remote access, whatsapp or any messenger you using if it will help for troubleshooting.

• Supervisor

@shrisha

I prefer a public help, so it is possible to have others idea and to be helpful also for the people could have the same problem.

Do you pass Nvram error disabling only Default in your config.plist SecureBootModel when you use OpenCore as boot loader ?

Our first goal should be to have Opencore boot loader booting

12 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@shrisha

I prefer a public help, so it is possible to have others idea and to be helpful also for the people could have the same problem.

Do you pass Nvram error disabling only Default in your config.plist SecureBootModel when you use OpenCore as boot loader ?

Our first goal should be to have Opencore boot loader booting

Yes now is OC booting and I can choose drive to boot from. Before the system booting is stuck on the place what I posted  last Saturday and just now I tried and get new situation. Please see attachment. After that it seems like booted to system, I can hear that GPU fan become quiet as usual when Macos normally fully booted  but I have just black screen. So I tried to change resizebar in OC from -1 to 0 and also with and without pikera argument  but still black screen.

PXL_20220308_145130284.jpg

Edited by shrisha

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Attached 4 config.plist

rename one by one in config.plist and also reset NVRAM in each test

If you have black signal try to change DP/HDMI port if you can (but only as latest and desperate try)

I cannot see any attachments? @fabiosun