About infos on AMD rig

zydlar

• Supervisor
13 minutes ago, zydlar said:

Hello Fabio,

Have you got any tutorial on how to make a threadripper 3970x with proxmox ? Is it better than using the OpenCore way ?

If. you read in this site you will find all

it depends but now I am using bare metal and not virtualisation way

Proxmox needs also of a boot loader (don't trust some woman on you tube)

check here

and here

Edited by fabiosun
links added

well you pointed exactly where I was begining to doubt. I know who you are speaking off and I was wondering if all this "hatred" she spoke off was not her hatred.
So you advise me to build with the vanilla opencore ? Is this the bare metal you mentionned ?

I would love to create an audio worstation with this CPU and 256 Go of Ram. You recommend me to use the dortania instructions ?

• +1 1

• Supervisor

First of all

check if softwares you use are working well on AMD OSX

Then you can choice your hardware

CPU is a monster

If your preferred softwares work in vanilla mode (bare metal), I think is a better and "simple" solution

Proxmox is valid, but it has some limit and it is more complex than a "vanilla" build

and NO (I do not recommend Dortania instructions)

for threadrippers I advice you to follow in this site all users experiences 😉

It is the best resource you can find over the net

Thank you very much for your quick answers.

I have only used clover for an intel hackintosh some years ago. I'm a newbie to all of this, so I really appreciate the help you provide.
I'm going to check the AMD OSX softwares that I actually use.
'The woman' you tell me not to trust has made work lots of software with the the same monster, but I guess it was because of Virtualization.
That's why I was wondering what "way" to choose.

So now I'm checking if the apps work on vanilla mode with AMD

• Supervisor

All apps I use working in a perfect way in vanilla

Performances is pretty similar (better in vanilla)

Only a system to configure (no host system)

Proxmox is perfect If you need multiple VM working in the same time

For other tasks (if the app you use work, vanilla is the way

For both you need to use a bootloader, in Proxmox with only one Kernel patch..but today also Vanilla has a limited set of kernel patches to use and updating from a release to another of OSX is a joy! 🙂

For the instructions...

from Proxmox to vanilla was very simple to have it working

If you check in thread discussion you will find many EFI for different motherboard

in my opinion MSI board are the more simple to configure in a complete way (ie also with a perfect sleep/wake cycle )

The Gigabyte trx40 Designare for its Thunderbolt integration (you have to use a flashed Titan Ridge card and a ssdt)

and so on 😉

wow thanks ! So the woman told bullshits on updating difficulties.

So then can I use Timemachine on my last hackintosh,
copy the datas etc...
create a new hackintosh with threadripper vanilla method with highsierra installed,
and then use the time machine recover from my last hackintosh and bring it to the new one

and then update very easily to big sure ?

• Supervisor
8 minutes ago, zydlar said:

wow thanks ! So the woman told bullshits on updating difficulties.

So then can I use Timemachine on my last hackintosh,
copy the datas etc...
create a new hackintosh with threadripper vanilla method with highsierra installed,
and then use the time machine recover from my last hackintosh and bring it to the new one

and then update very easily to big sure ?

not all Bulls*it

some of them to create hype on her method

My proxmox guide was born because I was disappointed of her telenovelas video without saying nothing

but She did a good job and a lot of money with her patreonum

For us Hackintosh is freedom 🙂

Now I am using Monterey and from Big Sur 11.4 you can use fastest Gpu available on OSX

Choose well your component and you will happy

I advice to use a minimal of Big Sur OS for thread ripper

In high Sierra some problem with Usb and also with Nvidia web driver (no usb 3 available and some time a difficult installation for Web Driver)

All solvable but a monster needs of new OS 🙂

1 minute ago, zydlar said:

Thank you, after looking for what I need, it seems I'm obliged to go with virtualization. Some plugins don't work with AMD vanilla.

let we know what plugin and in which software

@tomnicis applying a "simple" patching method, and we have wth a little effort many not AMD Compliant apps working 🙂 🙂

thank you ! I'm gonna follow your guide with proxmox. And have patience because when something is new, it's always a bit messy in my head 😃 I need to find someone who runs some plug ins that don't work with Vanilla that works with proxmox. Someone told me that datas can be recover in big sure from high sierra. and it sills work (don't want to reinstall everything again)

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

let we know what plugin and in which software

@tomnicis applying a "simple" patching method, and we have wth a little effort many not AMD Compliant apps working 🙂 🙂

I haven't seen that part. Many says that Waves plug ins don't work with AMD. with vanilla method. So here was the topic I saw. So is this true that the virtualization method will make everything work as it was a real mac ?

bueo.png

• Supervisor
39 minutes ago, zydlar said:

I haven't seen that part. Many says that Waves plug ins don't work with AMD. with vanilla method. So here was the topic I saw. So is this true that the virtualization method will make everything work as it was a real mac ?

bueo.png

I have installed it (a trial version)

I am not able to use it but I am not a musician guy 😛

54601015_Screenshot2021-11-12at6_51_04PM.thumb.png.59254efb1ddaad38e41d43fef5574368.png

Thanks for the screenshots. I understand you are not a musician and can't have naturally these informations as you don't use your computer for that.
do you know if  there are any users here doing music with their hackintosh ? That would be awesome to see if they manage to run their plug ins WITH AMD CPU ?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, zydlar said:

Thanks for the screenshots. I understand you are not a musician and can't have naturally these informations as you don't use your computer for that.
do you know if  there are any users here doing music with their hackintosh ? That would be awesome to see if they manage to run their plug ins WITH AMD CPU ?

Waves needs minor patching to make it work with bare metal AMD cpus in macOS, I'll post the patches as soon as possible.

20 hours ago, fabiosun said:

If you check in thread discussion you will find many EFI for different motherboard

in my opinion MSI board are the more simple to configure in a complete way (ie also with a perfect sleep/wake cycle )

The Gigabyte trx40 Designare for its Thunderbolt integration (you have to use a flashed Titan Ridge card and a ssdt)

and so on 😉

So if I just buy the same components as you and boot with the files you provide in the TRX40 Bare Metal thread, that will work instantly ?

Is there any tutorial/guide for beginner like me ? I followed one of the threads you provide me on bare metal installation but I found more explorations stuff than a guideline. Sorry for asking a lot

Edited by zydlar
adding question

• Supervisor
2 hours ago, zydlar said:

So if I just buy the same components as you and boot with the files you provide in the TRX40 Bare Metal thread, that will work instantly ?

Is there any tutorial/guide for beginner like me ? I followed one of the threads you provide me on bare metal installation but I found more explorations stuff than a guideline. Sorry for asking a lot

If you have zero experiences and no time to read, is better to do an intel Hackintosh or a real Mac 🙂

joking

I cant say for you

You have to do freely this decision, so if you do wrong...only you could be guilty for this 🙂

• Supervisor

that site is the home of AMD patches

Here is the home of TRX40 using OSX 🙂

Here you can find bios configurationn and EFI

but it is an Hack 😉

so a minimal effort must be done

However you will find help when you will build a trx40 monster machine

No guaranteed for audio stuff because I do not use

Yesterday I have installed for you a trial to see if problem was there

pro tools work fine

Waves needs some patching to do

many apps have the same library to patch and so if you find them in audio apps it will be possible to use it in AMD hack like we do with Adobe Suite or Maya software or others

with Intel should be more simple...less funny and less power

I would choice an AMD and then if vanilla is a problem you have also virtualisation Choice

but no one could assure you for sure 🙂

I thank you for all you have given not only for me but also for everyone else here. I wanted also to thank you for the help you provide and I thank you a lot also for trying an app for me. That's very kind. I apologize for not having saying it earlier. I was having headaches yesterday. Thanks for your support !

• Thanks 1