Problem with SATA external disk

agala68

Hi,

I was using from several months an external (temporary removed from the Imac) 3.5 2TSATA disk, attached using Jmicron controller on an USB 3.0, got using a belink converter from Thunderbot, a true  chain cìof conversion 😉 , but evenrythnig was fine, it is some days I cannote see the disk anymore, both using another disk, nothing, and also connecting it to another MAC, I suppose it is not a matter of hardware failure, my suspect is extensions' issue, in fact:

kmutil check:

Could not find com.apple.AppleUserHIDDrivers

Could not find com.apple.DriverKit-AppleUSBPLCOM

Could not find com.apple.DriverKit.AppleUserECMData

The operation couldn?~@~Yt be completed. (kmutil.KMError error 46.)

Imac-di-Andrea:Library root# find . -iname *"AppleUSBPLCOM*"

./DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleUSBPLCOM.dext

./DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleUSBPLCOM.dext/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleUSBPLCOM

~                                                                                                                                                         

Can I try to solve installink manually a Jmicron or injector extension?

Thank you~                                                                                                                                                         

~                                                                                         

• fabiosun changed the title to Problem with SATA external disk