fabiosun

• Supervisor

Hi @jsl2000

i am trying to reduce patches I use on my trx40 system

they should work also for you

if it works or not it is also a combination of quirks you use and bios parameters

important thing to say is that people could try to add some others official patches using the same nomenclature I used in posted patches

if you want post your debug log when your system hangs or check by yourself if inside it you see GetOS string with right os data version 

it should be also an old clover bug😉

• Moderators
10 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Hi @jsl2000

i am trying to reduce patches I use on my trx40 system

they should work also for you

if it works or not it is also a combination of quirks you use and bios parameters

important thing to say is that people could try to add some others official patches using the same nomenclature I used in posted patches

if you want post your debug log when your system hangs or check by yourself if inside it you see GetOS string with right os data version 

it should be also an old clover bug😉

I tried the PS Poropopo edition patches. It boots into Big Sur, but not into Monterey beta-1.

The Quirk settings were: 

Clover-Quirks.thumb.png.c86d6044ae073ead4889aff3ee8fa329.png

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@iGPU

@jsl2000

poporopo patch edition was a my fault

too much joy after Italian football team game and I have posted bad patches 

Sorry

attached 3 debug log clover 5137 and....listen well less patches than poropopo edition 🙂

It should work in the same way in iGPU rig, maybe jsl2000 has to do some add (patches and quirks)

744176711_Screenshot2021-07-03at10_17_51PM.thumb.png.388e16785008c519f7b9487538b1e10e.png

I will happy if you can try!

During nomenclature conversion I have understood a few things analysing debug log, picture below should be updated or explained in a better way (I mean For Identifier---> Name and others)

622731466_CLOVEROCTabellaConversione-1.png.ac1676de4dbe7ecd6a2a4c86140d7ead.thumb.png.de7901e2e76ae3fe217bea97b39da927.png

meanwhile is better to not use it

UPDATE 18-07-2021

https://www.macos86.it/topic/4913-amd-clover-bootloader-monterey-beta-1-installation-patches/?do=findComment&comment=116586

DBG_11.4_11.5b4_12b1.zip

• +1 1

• Supervisor

1146088073_Screenshot2021-07-03at11_31_50PM.thumb.png.4b0bfdfe45f845672a8132824fb45a41.png

And this should help people to understand for many does not work

above part of attachment is first Monterey beta 1 installation part.

Clover bootloader looses GetOS detection and in this way it applies all patches it finds in kernel patches config.plist section (OLD BUG)

In below part of the picture, it is the second installation reboot, Clover Bootloader recognise GetOS Detection and applies correct and declared patch I want

So if you have @converted@ all 40 AMD OSX Github patches...in the first step clover bootloader applies all of them..and this is not good at all 🙂

I leave out the fact that there are some issues with Clover-defined names for patches arguments, and sometimes also with type definitions (data, string, boolean and so on) But that's another story ....

Edited by fabiosun

3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@iGPU

@jsl2000

poporopo patch edition was a my fault

too much joy after Italian football team game and I have posted bad patches 

Sorry

attached 3 debug log clover 5137 and....listen well less patches than poropopo edition 🙂

It should work in the same way in iGPU rig, maybe jsl2000 has to do some add (patches and quirks)

744176711_Screenshot2021-07-03at10_17_51PM.thumb.png.388e16785008c519f7b9487538b1e10e.png

I will happy if you can try!

During nomenclature conversion I have understand a few things analysing debug log, picture below should be updated or explained in a better way (I mean For Identifier---> Name and others)

622731466_CLOVEROCTabellaConversione-1.png.ac1676de4dbe7ecd6a2a4c86140d7ead.thumb.png.de7901e2e76ae3fe217bea97b39da927.png

meanwhile is better to not use it

DBG_11.4_11.5b4_12b1.zip 57.08 kB · 1 download clover patches 11.4-11.5b4-12b1.plist.zip 2.34 kB · 1 download

Thanks for your suggestion and attached clover's config.plist.

Your Quirks is not compatible with my Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs, but your config.plist can boot to desktop now.

The remaining issue is frozen before login or loaded with Finder.

I need figure out whether it's due to RX-580 or something else.

• Supervisor
27 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

The remaining issue is frozen before login or loaded with Finder.

sometime before login you have apple logo with bar for more than 20s or colourful beachball before to see login mask

not always..but it is a beta1 and something wrong could happen

13 hours ago, fabiosun said:

sometime before login you have apple logo with bar for more than 20s or colourful beachball before to see login mask

not always..but it is a beta1 and something wrong could happen

But there is no such an issue in my FX-6300 hackintoshs which can boot Clover 5137 now.

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.50.02 PM.png

• Moderators

Hi, I can boot BigSur 11.4 stable on my Ryzen 9 build with Clover and this reduced patch set sent by @fabiosun, will try with Monterey Beta1 as soon as possible.

Using Clover revision: 5137 (master, commit cc561f87d)

config.plist.zip

P.s.: with the same bootloader I can boot Mojave - Catalina - Big Sur using this configall, some warnings about empty find field but it boots and works fine!

configall.plist.zip

• Like 2
  • +1 1

53 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@jsl2000i think you can try to adapt minimal patches set posted above to put also with your FX CPU..it would be interesting to know 🙂

I have tried your minimal patches but it got KP during booting (fault CPU). I think several patches related to CPU cores and packages can NOT be omitted during booting.

• Support Team
2 ore fa, tomnic ha scritto:

Using Clover revision: 5137 (master, commit cc561f87d)

config.plist.zip 7 kB · 1 download

not works

2 ore fa, tomnic ha scritto:

P.s.: with the same bootloader I can boot Mojave - Catalina - Big Sur using this configall, some warnings about empty find field but it boots and works fine!

configall.plist.zip 8 kB · 1 download

catalina, BS beta 666 OK

mojave not works

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

not works

catalina, BS beta 666 OK

mojave not works

It would be nice to find out why the reduced set patches don't work for you, please attach a debug log

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@jsl2000

you have to use patches related to your cpu branch

mine are 17h 19h

I use different patches for FX-6300 (15h_16h) and Ryzen 1700X (17h_19h) respectively.

OpenCore can boot both without any issue, but up to now only Clover can boot FX-6300 successfully.

The problem maybe related to other kexts/setting besides kernel patches because it hang before complete login desktop with Apple Icon visible.

[Edit]

It must due to imperfect AMD kernel patching because it can boot fast and smoothly to desktop with working Mouse/keyboard after correction of some kernel patching.

Edited by jsl2000

• Supervisor

post your config because some time in monterey it hangs for many seconds with apple and loading bar then it logs

You can try to clear Nvram and also to use weg with some bootarg

you coold also try to boot with boot debug enabled and the post misc/boot txt file 

• fabiosun changed the title to [AMD] Clover Vanilla patches