fabiosun

41 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@SavageAUS

thank you to come back here

Yes , if possible I would like to see a your working EFI with BigSur both with Clover bootloader and OpenCore

If we start from here in a couple of tries we can have succes also with your rig

Heading to bed now but tomorrow I will share working OC for Monterey B4 and Clover working Big Sur. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

1 minute ago, fabiosun said:

@SavageAUSin clover config.plist I can't see any SMBios data...

Can you hide only sensible data and live your SMBIOS?

Yeah I removed it all. I will re upload soon with only removing sensitive data. 
I am using imacpro 1,1 smbios though. 

Edited by SavageAUS

• Supervisor

Ok I have read on IM you have done many test with others user..you should have only to do a simple verify for me:

see plist in your preboot partition if it is correct for system you are trying to boot:

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/283#issuecomment-718109276

as explained here from Clover Devs (for many user this is the main problem to boot fine) 

if you have this problem @carlo_67could explain how to solve easily if you do not understand jief example

however I will try to give you a config to try to boot with few patches only on bs for now then will proceed if you like for newer system 😉

• Supervisor

@SavageAUSadded here a patch which we do not use (Topology patch)

this is one of the Problematic patch I see people try to solve in very weird ways and it is not advised to do in that way

In all system tested here it is not mandatory to boot.

I should do a similar test with opencore, disabling ProvideCurrentCPUInfo add two patches for vid and tsc and try without adding topology patch

these three patches are included in OpenCore quirk. in clover it is not present and if topology patch I inserted here does not work could be a problem

always if you like to try then post debug and hang photo if it is different

EFI-2.zip

• Supervisor

and this should work almost fine in Big Sur (if previous your EFI was working in Big Sur..) and maybe also in latest beta if old topology patch is good

EFI-2-2.zip

inserted here old topology patch you used

ps

do not modify with clover configurator this config

15 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

and this should work almost fine in Big Sur (if previous your EFI was working in Big Sur..) and maybe also in latest beta if old topology patch is good

EFI-2-2.zip 4.91 MB · 0 downloads

inserted here old topology patch you used

ps

do not modify with clover configurator this config

I only use Xcode for config.plist for clover and propertree for OC. 
The last EFI kernel panics but I will test this one as soon as I can. 
I have updated to 5138 again. (After testing patches etc I restored a backup which was 5136 which works with big sur, the backup is now also at 5138)

So with EFI-2-2 I need to use a topology patch? Or not? Or try as is then add topology patch if it doesn’t work?

By latest beta you mean Monterey?

• Supervisor
11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Ok here is the clover i used to boot Big Sur and i think it booted Monterey B1.

Also my OpenCore that boots Big Sur and Monterey B4.

Clover 5138 EFI.zip 11.41 MB · 7 downloads OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI.zip 11.43 MB · 6 downloads

Hi @SavageAUS

with this clover EFI

insert only in it this config.plist

config.plist.zip

with the help of @AudioGodwho have a X570 motherboards which needs of a working topology patch..we have had success

without this patch he has same your problem with topology error in verbose we see on your verbose (he has a 12 cores 5900x)

571947320_Screenshot2021-07-30at10_31_51PM.thumb.png.9905e1e1535c25f5bea73845ee08eb80.png

so it should pass also for you this error..if so then you can refine better with all stuff you use in your attached here clover working EFI

In clover we can't use new topology patch but algrey old ones work well also in Monterey b4

26 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Thank you @SavageAUS

i will check your debug log later

was it useful for you old topology patch to have success?

I can’t remember which patches are being used at the moment but they are in my config.plist previously attached. 
Thankyou for all your help in getting this working with clover. 
I much prefer to use Clover over OpenCore. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

• Supervisor
20 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I can’t remember which patches are being used at the moment but they are in my config.plist previously attached. 
Thankyou for all your help in getting this working with clover. 
I much prefer to use Clover over OpenCore. 

Yep you are using patches posted in previous config.

If you use only Big Sur and Monterey you can also disable patches 0,6,16,17

About preferred bootloader

I do not like Clover, but I prefer to have the chance to have a choice.

I don't like Clover because since using the opencore method to work it has several unresolved problems from R5124, which I have reported in a couple of issues to the developers.

The GetOSDetection problem is very serious especially for us AMD users.

But that said, thank you for posting your problem here as well.

As a case study I was missing your combination of problems with clover: )

We just doubted it was a topology patch issue, but having read that everything worked on opencore, we understood that there was a chance for you too.

On the other hand, Clover has always worked for us only by applying a little patience and workaround 🙂 

• Like 2
  • +1 1

Thank you @fabiosun,@SavageAUS.

Clover's Kernel Patch has a habit, and if you don't add Masks, it may "Borke" or Replase may not "Success".
@iCanaro was having a lot of trouble with that. We found that we didn't need the topology patch, but we re-adopted it when we put it together.

I was also cooperating with @SavageAUS because I couldn't leave it alone.
At @SavageAUS on Insanely forum, we tried a lot. In the end, it was great to have someone like you who knows a lot about AMD patches.

The good news is that the @SavageAUS patch works.

Can I post this result to AMD fans in Japan? .. Of course, the credits are @fabiosun and @SavageAUS.

It seems that the important part of SMBIOS has been omitted, so it will be a great reference as it is.

Of course, depending on the OS, the possibility of disabling patches is also mentioned.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

thank you.

Edited by Alpha999
  • +1 1

• Supervisor
13 minutes ago, Alpha999 said:

Clover's Kernel Patch has a habit, and if you don't add Masks, it may "Borke" or Replase may not "Success".

this statement is no correct

and using masks as some people do in a fancy way is risky! 😉

Thanks for writing to us too after reading a lot from us.

If you want to put credits and a link to this forum we are happy ..

but don't feel obligated to do it It is not needed

If SavageAUS had come to macOS86 right away, the problem would have been solved right away

We only lacked his type of problem

Patches were never "borked" for any of us..just using "yours" could that error happen.

But it is important that it is now clear how clover works to all people who have their system working with Opencore

have a nice day!

ps:

by the way, can you check if  do you have multiple accounts in our forum?

I see your avatar and alpha name in different users.

if you have and you decide which one to use, an admin will correct this situation!

Thank you

17 minutes ago, Alpha999 said:

Thank you @fabiosun,@SavageAUS.

@iCanaro was having a lot of trouble with that. We found that we didn't need the topology patch, but we re-adopted it when we put it together.

I was also cooperating with @SavageAUS because I couldn't leave it alone.
At @SavageAUS on Insanely forum, we tried a lot. In the end, it was great to have someone like you who knows a lot about AMD patches.

The good news is that the @SavageAUS patch works.

Can I post this result to AMD fans in Japan? .. Of course, the credits are @fabiosun and @SavageAUS.

It seems that the important part of SMBIOS has been omitted, so it will be a great reference as it is.

Of course, depending on the OS, the possibility of disabling patches is also mentioned.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

thank you.

• Like 1
  • Ok 1
  • +1 1

• Supervisor
32 minutes ago, Alpha999 said:

was having a lot of trouble with that. We found that we didn't need the topology patch, but we re-adopted it when we put it together.

also about this

if you read well

only few users need of this patch.

newer one has a problem with clover masking system , and you can also see in AMD OSX Github why they left Clover without an official patches support..

Then is it possible to have it working well..and we have this from months

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Thank you for your very informative view. @fabiosun
This will also be added to the Japanese blog.

As a matter of fact, I'm just playing with intel, so I'm embarrassed, but I don't know the best point of Kernel Patch.

Many AMD fans will also have the experience of working with natural history of patch combinations.

I'd like to have a good instruction book somewhere, but if you know it, please let me know.

Alpha and Mifjpn are caregivers and patients. Therefore, since they are in the same room, they will have the same IP.
MifJpn now has a bout of depression and I'm working on it.

Alpha will not come out except when Mifjpn is out of order.

However, if you think it is a problem, we will rename it to MifJpnAlphaPlus, so you can delete MifJpn.

In addition, since it is necessary to give advice as a caregiver, Alpha may separately PM to others even with another IP, but please forgive me.

Thank you for your generous use of your wonderful knowledge.

• Ok 1
  • +1 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [AMD] Clover Vanilla patches