[WIP] Photoshop, After Effects CC 2021, Premiere Pro CC 2021 15.4 AMD hackintosh fix

tomnic

I have the problem of liquid in photoshop, but I do not use this software often so it is not my priority.

I use Pr and Ae, in version 2022 or 2021 (I don't crack software :) )

I have crashing some effects like Warp Stabilizer, Tracker Camera, Morph cut

I put here the various logs and crash screenshots that I had.

3 minutes ago, Raven90z said:

I have the problem of liquid in photoshop, but I do not use this software often so it is not my priority.

I use Pr and Ae, in version 2022 or 2021 (I don't crack software :) )

I have crashing some effects like Warp Stabilizer, Tracker Camera, Morph cut

I put here the various logs and crash screenshots that I had.

I have forget the version number I using
Pr -> 2022 : V22.0
Pr -> 2021 : V15.4.1

Ae -> 2022 : V22.0.1

Ae -> 2021 : V18.4.1

And for Ps 2022 : V23.0.2

Does the patch 22.5.1 work for higher versions? Or do I have to downgrade to the lower version?

• Supervisor

@Raven90z

if you read above, we have patched it successfully 

For premierepro :

262849497_Screenshot2021-12-01at6_34_17PM.png.8a6b985b6ec5ecc2f62f9f806ba63c03.png

use this:

https://mega.nz/file/HgMkURhY#LCP7_lWl6_03WwDqTQBQFTENACrDGu_Db2w7IcxuYNM

remember to backup original and not working ones

and then if you have SIP enabled

re sign them and the app if you have a crash with Codesign error

if you like to try start with premiere

then we go on with after effects and PS 2021

1 hour ago, Raven90z said:

Tracker Camera

this in Premiere pro or in After Effects?

in After Effects we have patched it

in Premiere Pro...which effects do you use for it?

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Raven90z

if you read above, we have patched it successfully 

For premierepro :

262849497_Screenshot2021-12-01at6_34_17PM.png.8a6b985b6ec5ecc2f62f9f806ba63c03.png

use this:

https://mega.nz/file/HgMkURhY#LCP7_lWl6_03WwDqTQBQFTENACrDGu_Db2w7IcxuYNM

remember to backup original and not working ones

and then if you have SIP enabled

re sign them and the app if you have a crash with Codesign error

if you like to try start with premiere

then we go on with after effects and PS 2021

Oh thank you!

Can you give me an exemple for the Codesign error please ? I don't found the good syntax of the line command

• Supervisor
4 minutes ago, Raven90z said:

Oh thank you!

Can you give me an exemple for the Codesign error please ? I don't found the good syntax of the line command

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021.app

from terminal window

• Supervisor

no you miss some component tools and command is not working for you 

What does missing Xcrun mean?
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun. It means that you need to install XCode command line, open a Terminal and run this command: $ xcode-select --install.

Do a backup before 🙂

• Supervisor

and this file zip is for After Effects:

266285489_Screenshot2021-12-01at6_58_33PM.png.43d6ed6672a07855a8c402269bb4e69e.png

https://mega.nz/file/jtdg0RLZ#gLu8Ey5eBtlm_XLr7AIZ_-KdNozDdvLL2PFhl3skhf8

I have no more installed 2022 version

for that version you need proper patched files (if you post it in an external link is possible to patch them)

to re sign:

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2021/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2021.app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

and this file zip is for After Effects:

266285489_Screenshot2021-12-01at6_58_33PM.png.43d6ed6672a07855a8c402269bb4e69e.png

https://mega.nz/file/jtdg0RLZ#gLu8Ey5eBtlm_XLr7AIZ_-KdNozDdvLL2PFhl3skhf8

I have no more installed 2022 version

for that version you need proper patched files (if you post it in an external link is possible to patch them)

to re sign:

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2021/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2021.app

So !

Tracker Camera work well, but Warp Stabilizer on Ae not work 😕

• Confused 1

Hello @tomnic,

I have used your method on Adobe products and it works a charm tbh!, on my hopeful thoughts, I thought your method would also work on different apps made specifically with intel compilers, and the ones I use, have, but there are some audio plugjns that do not, I don't know if the crash report would be of any help to you, but I'll attach it here anyway. I know by fact that the developer uses intel only compilers because I contacted him last year about this particular issue and he said that his plugin didn't work because of his compiler.

Perhaps you can point me into the right direction of have any idea why the plugin doesn't load.

Thank you so much!

PS: I don't know if this is the right place for this, sorry if it isn't.

mds-2021-12-03-095912.ips.zip

Edited by Dr3nan
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr3nan said:

Hello @tomnic,

I have used your method on Adobe products and it works a charm tbh!, on my hopeful thoughts, I thought your method would also work on different apps made specifically with intel compilers, and the ones I use, have, but there are some audio plugjns that do not, I don't know if the crash report would be of any help to you, but I'll attach it here anyway. I know by fact that the developer uses intel only compilers because I contacted him last year about this particular issue and he said that his plugin didn't work because of his compiler.

Perhaps you can point me into the right direction of have any idea why the plugin doesn't load.

Thank you so much!

PS: I don't know if this is the right place for this, sorry if it isn't.

mds-2021-12-03-095912.ips.zip 4.23 kB · 1 download

Nothing useful in this report sadly, can you send me the specific audio plugin? Is it part of waves?

• +1 1

• tomnic changed the title to [WIP] Photoshop, After Effects CC 2021, Premiere Pro CC 2021 15.4 AMD hackintosh fix
  • 3 weeks later...

@tomnic

Hello, your method is very efficient and simple, you are doing a fantastic job.

I encountered a problem on Première Pro. I used your files available here and your method and nothing else.

I did a methodical test. As I had backed up the original files before replacing them with yours.

I replaced one by one and then opened a project after each replacement.

It turns out that the AEFilterStabilizer library on my workstation is causing Première Pro to crash.

As soon as I put the stabilization effect on a Première Pro shot, quit.

As soon as I replace with the original library, I can open the projects.

Here is the report of the last crash.

If you have time to watch.

Premiere version 15.4.1 / Monterey 12.1

Adobe Premiere Pro 2021-2021-12-26-123213.ips.zip

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@Arrakis

take a look here , it is error you have :

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))

To solve this you have to force codesigning of your app:

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021.app

you can also do the same only on bundle you have patched/changed

We have to prepare an article to explain better in user different condition usage (SIP enabled or disabled and so on)

Below a little anticipation of future article:

If you want to keep SIP enabled we need to force codesigning of our modified binaries. You can achieve this by running in terminal, for each modded binary (first to try only with main app as done above):

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign -

as an example if we patch the Premiere Pro "MorphCut" plugin we must issue this command to recreate the correct sign for this binary:

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/AEFilterMorphCut.bundle

given that we have modified the macOS executable inside this path:

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/AEFilterMorphCut.bundle/Contents/MacOS

and so on...

• +1 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Arrakis

take a look here , it is error you have :

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))

To solve this you have to force codesigning of your app:

you can also do the same only on bundle you have patched/changed

We have to prepare an article to explain better in user different condition usage (SIP enabled or disabled and so on)

Below a little anticipation of future article:

If you want to keep SIP enabled we need to force codesigning of our modified binaries. You can achieve this by running in terminal, for each modded binary (first to try only with main app as done above):

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign -

as an example if we patch the Premiere Pro "MorphCut" plugin we must issue this command to recreate the correct sign for this binary:

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ 2021.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/AEFilterMorphCut.bundle

given that we have modified the macOS executable inside this path:

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/AEFilterMorphCut.bundle/Contents/MacOS

and so on...

I always think that people have SIP disabled, and even with SIP disabled you need to recodesign the modified binaries for some apps. Thanks @fabiosun to clarify it again and thanks @Arrakis to try this patching method 😉

Hello guys,

first of all, THANK YOU so much to everyone is working, with a giant effort, to provide a solution for running Adobe apps along with AMD CPUs on Ryzentoshes.

I read the whole thread and I wanna ask you some doubts I have.

1) does the fix work for Adobe Lightroom Classic as well?

2) I did not understand if it is needed to disable SIP or not. At the beginning I read it is, but in the last few pages, I read the opposite. Could you gently clarify?

3) other then copy those two files in first page in their respective directories, should I have to run some codes in the terminal?

sorry for dumb questions, I am quite new to the ryzentosh world. 😊

thank you in advance.

p.s.: I am intended to install Big Sur 11.6 on my rig in signature. 

• Supervisor

Hi, I think your Nvidia GPU is no more supported from APPLE (for sure no Nvidia Web drivers for it , only available to High Sierra)

to answer to your question:

1) no, you have to use Adobe Lightroom Classic patched library (I

11 hours ago, Nighthawk99 said:

Hello guys,

first of all, THANK YOU so much to everyone is working, with a giant effort, to provide a solution for running Adobe apps along with AMD CPUs on Ryzentoshes.

I read the whole thread and I wanna ask you some doubts I have.

1) does the fix work for Adobe Lightroom Classic as well?

2) I did not understand if it is needed to disable SIP or not. At the beginning I read it is, but in the last few pages, I read the opposite. Could you gently clarify?

3) other then copy those two files in first page in their respective directories, should I have to run some codes in the terminal?

sorry for dumb questions, I am quite new to the ryzentosh world. 😊

thank you in advance.

p.s.: I am intended to install Big Sur 11.6 on my rig in signature. 

f you post crash log it is possible to see where the problem stay)

2) it is the same, if you have sip enable some time is necessary to re sign patched app/library

3) it is better to follow 1) part and then to use proper patched library for app in use

This method is very interesting because it acts only when it is mandatory to act

Without using script or environment plist

Search in this section of our forum for others patched app ad I think you will understand better

• Moderators
2 ore fa, fabiosun ha scritto:

Hi, I think your Nvidia GPU is no more supported from APPLE (for sure no Nvidia Web drivers for it , only available to High Sierra)

yes but for sure it's gtx 680 kepler is better than the 710

it is if it has not many pretensions it works well with PS and AI

Hey cool cats!

Thanks so much for the ongoing patches! A real life saver. I have noticed that they no longer work for Adobe 2022 suite (2021 respective version still work fine)

Is there an update in the works, or perhaps a guide on how to patch these ourselves?

All the best 🙂

• Supervisor
48 minutes ago, nikoel said:

Hey cool cats!

Thanks so much for the ongoing patches! A real life saver. I have noticed that they no longer work for Adobe 2022 suite (2021 respective version still work fine)

Is there an update in the works, or perhaps a guide on how to patch these ourselves?

All the best 🙂

@tomnicis working to release a guide more simple for all 🙂

meanwhile if you like post via an external link new files to be patched

me or tomnic will be glad to patch it for you! (personally I do not use 2022 app for now)