to patch

follow link i have posted before in this thread

you need some stuff (eprom programmer)

Gigabyte Titan Ridge on Proxmox/OSX baremetal (WIP) - General - MacOS86

• Like 1

• Supervisor

No (in my knowledge)

sorry

also Trx 40 designare board needs a patched firmware for OSX.

This motherboard has a firmware wich support Titan RIdge by default and you see with it thunderbolt menu on bios..

but without a patched firmware ..no joy in OSX

• Like 1

Thanks for your help appreciated .

you mean my trx40 bios need patch ? I can try that if possible how can I do that?.

I ordered Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Card and the programmer but according to ameyrupji Catalina 10.15.3 latest supported I'm afraid.

and the GC-Titan Ridge must be on PCIe slut 1 can't be on slut 3/4 for reasons .

Edited by ddk

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, ddk said:

since Big Sur 11.3 beta and later all are fail to boot with my T-Rex40 Zenith ii extreme, AMD Ryzen TR 3960x.

latest AMD_Vanilla patch applied 

OpenCore 0.6.6 and 0.6.7 both failed, 6 hours stuck on "flush" messages 

is there any solution?

EFI.zip 8.8 MB · 8 downloads

Hello @ddk,

sorry to tell you that, but I’ve downloaded and copied your efi folder directly to my USB with Big Sur 11.3 installer and it has worked properly for me...I didn’t change anything at all...just copy/paste...

I will send you some screenshots in a few minutes.

4 hours ago, Sakeador said:

Hello @ddk,

sorry to tell you that, but I’ve downloaded and copied your efi folder directly to my USB with Big Sur 11.3 installer and it has worked properly for me...I didn’t change anything at all...just copy/paste...

And here the fotos as promised.

Nvidia drivers are not working 100% (it shows no Metal) and processor is not at fully power, but it works with the same motherboard and CPU than yours.

Again, I just copied and paste, so maybe you should check your components I suppose...

I can share with you any other detail you require about MB config, NVME or any other.

BR

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Sakeador

6 hours ago, Sakeador said:

Hello @ddk,

Hello @Sakeador

Thanks for sharing your test.

The problem was I was using RX 6900 XT only to boot Big Sur 11.3 but it solved when I inserted supported GPU Radeon Pro WX 5100 along with RX 6900 .

It is weird that some Unsupported GPU can boot but others not.

• Supervisor

@ddk

Apple removed vesa support for unsupported GPU (AMD).it is always possible to connect to your TRX40 via ssh or teamviewer if you want

..optimistic way to think is because they have separated old driver with new one we will have in future OSX version! 🙂

Pessimistic people say..no way..and apple will never deliver a proper driver for RDNA2

Strangely Nvidia has a minimal support also in RTX series GPU

but here optimistic and pessimistic people say no way apple produce a nvidia working driver support!