Asrock TRX40 Creator 3970X threadripper SSd samsung 970 pro 1Tb, 64Gb air cooled, radeon vii

19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

You have to insert a kext for your Ethernet 

if your keyboard is an usb one I do not know

try to change USB port 

to use WiFi or Bluetooth you have also to declare others kext

you have also to build your mmio part....

The keyboard is working, no Ethernet, no Bluetooth, no wi-fi, no sound, I have lilu appleALC, WhareverGreen,VirtualSMC, AMDRyzenCPagement and LucyRL8125Ethernet (I don’t think this Ethernet kept is for my motherboard)

Give me more instructions regarding the EFI and where on the hard drive it needs to be save or placed, you have been a tremendous help to me, greatly appreciate your time and effort’s in assisting me, much respect, yeah!

• Supervisor

You should see Realtek usb 2.0 audio device

it works with internal usb audio kext so that empty audio output is weird

check if you have applealc kext enabled in config

this is useful for hdmi/dp audio if you have...

ah now remember for audio

detach green speaker jack from motherboard backplate plate

Cold boot and then you will see audio device

connect after booting green speaker jack

i have solved this connecting speaker output to my case green speaker jack

• Supervisor

image.thumb.png.76e1b70b5a971058b51c85274cbd67b2.png

about your lan

Acquantia is seen by default in catalina/ bigsur (you may need a patch , i have inserted in  EFI previously posted )

Dragon RTL needs a kext updated (LucyRL8125Ethernet), but here i have no experience. You have to put in in Kext folder and declare it in config.plist

• +1 1
16 hours ago, fabiosun said:

You have to insert a kext for your Ethernet 

if your keyboard is an usb one I do not know

try to change USB port 

to use WiFi or Bluetooth you have also to declare others kext

you have also to build your mmio part....

Hey, what and all I need to build MMIO?

Regarding the sound, I only can use usb audio, so I had to use my audio interface to get sound today, I turned on today and the sound no longer worked, powering down seems not to work, have to do a hard shutdown, Bluetooth tries to connect, but can’t seem to connect to anything, message works, FaceTime work, can’t get dual monitors to work, it won’t detect the second monitor. But it boot on one then switch over to the other side, both never comes one at the same time. I’ll work on your suggestions, I spent most of the day installing applications so I can test how stable it is for rendering videos

• Supervisor

ciao @SQA i am not in OSX because my new GPU is not supported by now so for me it is more complex to help you.

Try to understand the same my advices 😛

Regarding internal audio (chip o motherboard Realtek USB 2.0 audio---> it is called so)

take a look to these pictures:

1160740037_ASRockTRX40Creator.jpg.33265cae805611cbe9adfd3dac50a748.jpg

if you connect your case audio cable here..you can use audio without any problems!

if instead you have a speaker connected on green backplate jack, audio is not detected.

to have it detected you have to off your pc, then disconnect speaker jack from green backplate place then, on your pc and whe it is in OSX attach again speaker jack to backplate...

104261906_TRX40Creator(L5).jpg.fb68161e74d2278bf96fc802d2b3f234.jpg

regarding BT and WIFI..you have to ask to some users using it like @Arrakis, @Ploddles or @Driftwood

then regarding MMIO part of your hope to have a perfect system: 🙂

read and try to understand here (thanks @iGPUwho writes this detailed article after we have discovered the "immense" potential of MMIO areas for our systems :

TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches (Yes it works...but..Proxmox is better?) - Page 33 - General - MacOS86

About your dual monitor detection:

Check if you use weg or not (Whatevergreen.kext)

try to enable or disable it

if you have the same problem you have to try different GPU port

On  my radeon XFX in the past one DP port was not detected in any condition from OSX...but..i have ha Mojave in those time 🙂

be happy..now your system starts..you have to refine better with a little effort to do yet 

• Thanks 1

That’s I’m greatful for all your time and research , the efforts is greatly appreciated, I’m working on fine tuning to get stable system 

Thanks very much, you’re a big help, now I must learn to mentain and update it as new OS becomes available 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1