Asrock TRX40 Creator 3970X threadripper SSd samsung 970 pro 1Tb, 64Gb air cooled, radeon vii

SQA

Thanks a lot for the check, I have not tried the MMIO edit config.plist yet - so far the problem is the same and re-occurs regardless of EFI and OsX version (I have tried High Sierra and Catalina) - OpenCore boots OK, always freezes on the initial install with 2 minutes to go (please see photo)

All I want to do is install a functional version of OSX. I am going to download BigSur next but i think the problem is external to Opencore. According to Dortania freezing with 2 minutes to go is an NVRAM issue. Thanks

IMG_0768.JPG

• Supervisor

I do not think Dortania is a good guide for trx40 users 😉

Problem could be high Sierra related (many problems with trx40 and Nvidia drivers)

Also usb in HighSierra for us is a problem

And I'm talking about a topic that I tried on my skin, wasting hours on it (I had a TitanXp GPU)

try with this config.plist (rename it and put ssdt in ACPI folder

also I have enabled dummypowermanagement kext

Archive.zip

if it does not work try with a newer OS or download again HS installer from scratch

success with Catalina!  I reset the CMOS to make sure all drives and partitions were visible in the BIOS and used a different USB port and worked no problem. Thanks very much Fabiosun!  I guess I need to add the additional kexts to the EFI partition on the Hard Drive now to get bluetooth etc.. working. Very happy!

• Like 1

• Supervisor
14 minutes ago, jude said:

success with Catalina!  I reset the CMOS to make sure all drives and partitions were visible in the BIOS and used a different USB port and worked no problem. Thanks very much Fabiosun!  I guess I need to add the additional kexts to the EFI partition on the Hard Drive now to get bluetooth etc.. working. Very happy!

I'm glad you succeeded

Allow me to give you a little advice

use a debug version of opencore until you are sure everything is fine for your system

Activate debugging by putting the value of 67 in place of 3  (debug/target)

Then check if in the debug the mmio you have set is on skip 1

If you have any problems check our main thread

All the TRX40 users have passed through this forum who in one way or another now have their system working!

So here's the guide! 🙂 😛

Edited by fabiosun
:) :P

• 2 months later...

For anyone following this thread, maybe you have an Asrock Creator TRX40  mobo, I will provide some updates here:

1. I changed my WiFi card to Broadcom as recommended by ND to get BT/WiFi, however, after this hardware change the OpenCore install of Catalina described in the earlier part of this thread would no longer boot.

2. As I want to install more than one OS on my work station I decided to switch to Proxmox 7 VE and I have successfully installed BigSur OS as a virtual machine in proxmox 7 following the guides here -

https://www.nicksherlock.com/2020/04/installing-macos-catalina-on-proxmox-with-opencore/

https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0551.html

Please use both guides, while the second guide is currently up to date it does miss some important steps, if you don't replicate exactly using both guides your MacOS.iso may not install. There is also a YouTube video to accompany the second guide, clearly NS is a legend and is the moving force behind both of these guides.

I will try to provide some key points on the post VM install of BigSur OS as my contribution to the community here to benefit those of you who need guidance using the most recent versions of Proxmox VE and OpenCore on a TRX40  mobo. I am also very busy with work so when I have time to customise my system and provide some posts here that may help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supervisor
On 10/26/2021 at 12:42 AM, jude said:

For anyone following this thread, maybe you have an Asrock Creator TRX40  mobo, I will provide some updates here:

1. I changed my WiFi card to Broadcom as recommended by ND to get BT/WiFi, however, after this hardware change the OpenCore install of Catalina described in the earlier part of this thread would no longer boot.

2. As I want to install more than one OS on my work station I decided to switch to Proxmox 7 VE and I have successfully installed BigSur OS as a virtual machine in proxmox 7 following the guides here -

https://www.nicksherlock.com/2020/04/installing-macos-catalina-on-proxmox-with-opencore/

https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0551.html

Please use both guides, while the second guide is currently up to date it does miss some important steps, if you don't replicate exactly using both guides your MacOS.iso may not install. There is also a YouTube video to accompany the second guide, clearly NS is a legend and is the moving force behind both of these guides.

I will try to provide some key points on the post VM install of BigSur OS as my contribution to the community here to benefit those of you who need guidance using the most recent versions of Proxmox VE and OpenCore on a TRX40  mobo. I am also very busy with work so when I have time to customise my system and provide some posts here that may help you.

Ei Jude 🙂  (it remembers me something) 

take a look here:

and also follow discussion thread we did with many trx40 users

Proxmox was extensively used here and this is the first guide (free of any charge) available on the net for TRX40 users

Also here we discovered how to solve some clover boot loader booting glitch using instead open core boot loader (and no credits for us on nicksherlock site  (I advised him on his site in comment section))

However happy you have found a functional way to use at its best your rig!