ASRock TRX40 Creator - AMD Threadripper 3970x [Post install]

shutterbug168

@fabiosunFor your TR TB3 card, did you create a special TB aml boot loader for it? Since I am using a modified EFI from @Rocket88, I was hoping the MMIO whitelist was already good to go... What do I need to check for on the list?  Thanks!

@thenightflyer You are further along than me... But I think you are having a hot-plug problem with the TB3 card.  To get hot-plug working, you will need a specific booltloader aml for your MB.  Which board are you using?

• Supervisor
3 minutes ago, shutterbug168 said:

@fabiosunFor your TR TB3 card, did you create a special TB aml boot loader for it? Since I am using a modified EFI from @Rocket88, I was hoping the MMIO whitelist was already good to go... What do I need to check for on the list?  Thanks!

@thenightflyer You are further along than me... But I think you are having a hot-plug problem with the TB3 card.  To get hot-plug working, you will need a specific booltloader aml for your MB.  Which board are you using?

mmmhhhhh 😛 😛

MMIO list is different for your board

Also if user have the same your board you have to check in your debug log...

ah sorry..you have an old signature I think..but that said above is still valid

For thunderbolt you need a proper SSDT.aml file to add in ACPI folder and in your config.plist

more skilled people to adopt one for you is @iGPU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@shutterbug168

mmmhhh

here it seems fine to me

It is your debug log?

Post also exact EFI you are using  without your serial because this log is good and you shouldn't have shutdown problem

Very strange🤨 Yes, it’s from the EFI drive... Will post my EFI when I get back, but it’s based on @Driftwood’s EFI.

2 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@shutterbug168if you want open a thread in general area with the name of your motherboard and CPU used, so we can focus there about your problem

And we will win also in this 🙂

Sure!  Here's my EFI with additional log files.  The last two should capture the sleep problem -- I had to shut the power to reboot it while it's "not sleeping" and stuck at 99... It could be my BIOS settings since most Asrock users are not having these problems...

Archive.zip

• Supervisor
11 hours ago, shutterbug168 said:

Sure!  Here's my EFI with additional log files.  The last two should capture the sleep problem -- I had to shut the power to reboot it while it's "not sleeping" and stuck at 99... It could be my BIOS settings since most Asrock users are not having these problems...

Backup your EFI and use this if you want try

post also this Energy saver screen grab too see yours (Sleep related)

811480518_Screenshot2020-12-06at09_08_27.png.d9821f6ca36c739e17b2e5db3385d3cf.png

Thank you

EFI.zip

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Backup your EFI and use this if you want try

post also this Energy saver screen grab too see yours (Sleep related)

811480518_Screenshot2020-12-06at09_08_27.png.d9821f6ca36c739e17b2e5db3385d3cf.png

Thank you

EFI.zip 2.48 MB · 1 download

Thanks, @fabiosun! Your modified EFI boots up fine... When I check the option of "Prevent computer from sleep...," it won't sleep but will turn the screen off after the 15 mins (as I set it).  But the shutdown problem persists: it will restart immediately and get stuck at 99...🤨 I know you don't have an Asrock mobo, but here's my UEFI settings... I think I have all the major parameters set correctly: CSM disabled, Above 4G enabled, PCIe Power disabled (similar to wake on lan)... Did I miss other important BIOS settings?  Thanks again!

Current BIOS.BIN.zip

• Supervisor

@shutterbug168 please try to force sleep from menu then post always latest opencore debug log file to see in it if MMIO are skipped in a good way as we set in config

if you can reset also your nvram from opencor menu press spacebar if you do not see nvram reset icon

which gpu do you have?

• Like 1

@shutterbug168 please try to force sleep from menu then post always latest opencore debug log file to see in it if MMIO are skipped in a good way as we set in config

if you can reset also your nvram from opencor menu press spacebar if you do not see nvram reset icon

which gpu do you have?

Booting up with your EFI, the machine will not go to sleep even when I force it with the Apple menu option -- it doesn't matter if I check the "Prevent computer from sleeping..." or not.  Here are the log files... Thanks!

Archive.zip

which gpu do you have?

The machine behaves the same after the nvram reset...

Getting stuck at 99 is because of the m.2 wifi/bt replacement card!  After I turn it off (as Intel wifi/bt) in the bios, the machine doesn't get stuck anymore.  The only problem is that the wifi is not working but BT does... So, when I try to shutdown, it will simply restart all the way instead of getting stuck.  Again, other Asrock users who have replaced the intel wifi card are not reporting such a problem🤨

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I have the Asrock TRX40 Creator with 3970X desiring to run Mac OS CAT or Big Sur, I need some help to get it done, I'm a newbie to this, but I'm up to see the final product in operation.