ASUS Zenith Extreme II 3960x [Help]

cleverhome

• Supervisor
19 minutes ago, cleverhome said:

I've tried to update Monterey directly from Big Sur, the result is... living in Spain without the "S", I'm going to reinstall Big Sur again and leave it untouched in 1 SSD.

I will install Monterey from scratch on another SSD and find the way to make it works.

Btw, would you mind to give me your EFI (your EFI that works with your current hardware), I will track it out line by line to modify to be mine see if it can solve the problem.

Again, thank you so much for your contributions.

my efi is here

but solution to your problem is not there

@fabiosun

I've try to read page by page, but nothing helps.

I tried everything in my power.

Firstly, I found something that I could not understand how the different between Bigsur and Monterey handles the SSD(s). Please see my attachment.

Secondly, I try to use the USB-Ethernet adaptor, it's work on Monterey, but again nothing works, is that meant nothing loaded on Monterey?

Could you please, again have a look (just whenever you are available), I believe we have to do something with the config.plist, I just don't know how, really stuck now😰😰😭

IMG_8598.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

Edited by cleverhome

@fabiosun

I accidentally see when the PC off (command line run...), on BigSur it show SIP OFF, but on Monterey is SIP ON. Is that the problem why Monterey can't load external kernels? 

I found this 

but I'm not quite get it.

Would you please kind to have a look on my config.plist again,  tell me how to turn SIP OFF for Monterey, I don't know is that the right direction but I just know I'm not give up yet, for now.

config.plist.zip

Edited by cleverhome

@fabiosun I seen @carlos78 case from page1 to 6, the only similar between mine hw and his is that our card is made by Sapphire, I don't know what is yours, but due to some info I found, Sapphire may short-circuit/un-welding some pins rather than others do on AMD chip for  competitive costing, this might leads to the limitation of hardware addressing related PCI lanes. I don't know is that true,

But yeah, I would take another GPU which is made by other makers, see how it going on.  I didn't give up yet, I will keep you posted.

Hi @fabiosun May I ask for your another favor;

Just to make sure that I was doing right, and wanna learn from your success case, please give me answers as below to eliminated any wrong procedures, /software/firmware config that might lead to the failure:

1. Did you use the same EFI for installing/booting BigSur and Monterey? Is there any minor change?

2. How did you create the installer USB? 

2. Did you change anything in BIOS setting from BigSur to Monterey?

3. In the GPU card, there's UEFI and LegacyBIOS interchangable (we can do it in Windows), did you change it?

4. What attentions must be pay when switching from BigSur to Monterey,

It's too many why/how, it take your so much time but that could help me a lot.

Thank you so much,

Edited by cleverhome

• Supervisor

I have a reference 6900xt from AMD

1)I use the same efi also with Mojave or highsierra os

2) no

3) no I have no this chance

4) nothing here. Same EFI, same bios and all

i think problem is not on your side

@fabiosun

Sorry to bother you again,

I've posted my problem, and got a reply from a guy who had exactly my HW, that's nothing works in Monterey same as me, other people also confirm that Monterey is no longer working.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/asus-rog-strix-trx40.2262/page-2#post-17665

I just want to know how could it possible that your system get to works so well.

It's not a big deal, I'm happy with BigSur but just something still not clear in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, fabiosun said:

@cleverhome

I permit me to say this 😛

if you do not find solution here for trx40.. it is not useful to surf in other site to search a solution 🙂

joking (a bit)

attached an answer to your doubt on my rig :

cleverhome.jpg.96ce6969126ebaa37fc691217910f86e.thumb.jpg.3b0699afb5e1c383b7a173ac089c15c6.jpg

@fabiosun

Sorry for disconnected for awhile, I have to find the 6800XT or 6900XT to get the same as your specs, but 6900XT can't be found, it's so hard to find a VGA in here at this moment, I got 6800XT after a week of waiting.

Please see the picture for how my components get connected,

I do everything exactly as per your advices (the only thing my Asus mobo doesn't have is pcie 1x as your MSI, but the result is painful, I don't believe I should give up without trying what ever I can in my power. 

Is there anything I can do more?

Again, thanks

Untitled-1.png

• Supervisor

@cleverhomeI do not have your motherboard (and for me that motherboard is the best one for trx40 system)

I can't even try how to solve your problem, and, I do not think is a "user" bad configuration problem

It is a Monterey problem

Monterey OS has introduced many problem for Hackintosh (ethernet problem, GPU problem, NVME detection (and this is not possible to verify by me because I do not have this problem)

Some Monterey problems can be solved other no

My advice is to stay with big sur and to wait something change in new Monterey beta (I do not think this will happen)

Or a more painful solution is to find a different motherboard which could fit your interest in OSX

@fabiosun 

Thank so much for your advices, I can be happy with BigSur and wait no problem, but another bigger problem that stuck in my mind can't be suffered that because of my hw? Bigsur? OpenCore? PCIe? Bios Config? no clues yet, since if we track back all, it's not logical. 🤯

I contacted Fenvi Support, they send me the file as attachment, can you have a look, also they advise I should you Clover,  ever you tried Clover for your sys? I really have no ideas how to cover EFI from OC to Clover.

This is what next step by step I planned:

1. Use Clover to try again (this need your help)

2. Replace my Intel Wifi/BT card (onboard) with a compatible socket Broadcom wifi/BT card to get exactly that slot for wifi/bt (Fenvi they said x16 or x1 pcie doesn't matter, but that the only diffirent between yours and mine) (I will do it on my own, but again please advise is the pcie x16 and x1 is doesn't matter for my case?

3. I will buy MSI Trx40 Pro 10G exactly yours, see what happen (I will do it on my own).

Thanks so much bro, 

driver_file.zip

• Supervisor

@cleverhome

Fenvi t919 does not need of any of those kext

So I do not understand well manufactures help

by the way in their docx they have pictures shown Catalina

About point 1 and 2 I permit me to say no! it is not the way

About point 3..no also there, your motherboard is the best one available

If it was been available in my country in December 2019 I would have bought it instead of mine

🙂

you can find my clover EFI in TRX40 general discussion in first post

But I do not advice also here to follow that way

Sorry!

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

My advice is to be happy with Big Sur and enjoy with it your beautiful motherboard

clover is a pain 😂 and it does not help to solve driver problems with Monterey OS

@fabiosun

Just wanna give a try, I just want to know it's not my fault.

I tried your Cover EFI https://www.macos86.it/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=38557

Edit CPU patched to be mine (18 for 24 cores)

Generate new SMBios,

But it can't be booted, the attached file is misc/log, please have a look and tell me what need to be corrected, can you somehow edit the MMIO to be mine, I don't know how to do it, really sorry for disturbing because of my stupid.

What my aim is see until the installation welcome screen, is there a wifi or not, that's it. and I really need to stop the thinking that I didn't try my best, it's eating me since till now.

Just please do it when you available, no rush.

misc.zip config-workwellBigSurOC.plist.zip

@fabiosun

I've tried, i can boot to the os but it keep lagging and hang after 30 seconds after booted up.

I'm officially forgive myself for this case. I'm give up.

Another thing more painful that Clover did, somehow it scanning entire disks, write something in the boot sector and now, neither BigSur wirh OC or Windows is booted.

i have to install it all again, (I tried to use another USB with OC EFI, failed as well, so deep so hurt)

🐷

Thanks fabiosun for your all helps and kindness.

I will stay in happy with BigSur, Monterey is beautiful but just may be not for me.

🍻 

• Supervisor
1 hour ago, cleverhome said:

I've tried, i can boot to the os but it keep lagging and hang after 30 seconds after booted up.

Have you disabled both ethernet card in bios

also in my rig with ethernet card enabled I have a freeze in login stage or after few seconds after login