ASUS Zenith Extreme II 3960x [Help]

cleverhome

• Supervisor
6 hours ago, Sky Heart said:

Thanks you @fabiosun I appreciate the help,

I'm going to follow what you suggested and start from scratch with creating a new USB Installer, the issue sometimes requires a working MacOS to download the installer or you should have a MacBook which I don't currently have.

the MMIO they are not mine it's what came with the files you guys shared is this Thread, I'm going to check that as well but since @cleverhome has the same MotherBoard I thought this might work.

hi @Sky Heartthe issue could be how you prepare your booting usb installer and if it fine kext you are using for your ethernet internal card:

Aquantia AQC-107 10G

Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

first one in big sur need of a patch, second one needs a kext in EFI /Kext folder

About MMIO, you con initially comment it with a #

System should be able to boot the same without reassigning it

you should have to use a debug opencore bootloader to fint your MMIO

In bios settings (before trying to find your MMIO) put CSM OFF/ Uefi ON and 4G On if you have these settings in bios

i would like to start from there..

I repeat my self..i do not follow dortania guide..all you need is in this site 😉

• Like 1

• Supervisor

then

it seems you are installing catalina 10.15.7 from your installer report:

Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Process:               InstallAssistant [662]
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Path:                  /Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/MacOS/InstallAssistant
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Identifier:            com.apple.InstallAssistant.Catalina
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Version:               15.1.00 (15100)
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Build Info:            InstallAssistant-1457006000000000~989
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Parent Process:        macOS Utilities [624]
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Responsible:           bash [221]
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: User ID:               0
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]:  
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Date/Time:             2021-02-03 10:04:21.827 -0800
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H15)
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Report Version:        12
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Anonymous UUID:        62BA7238-E726-4D82-B1C1-D9C1C3CE8F13
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Time Awake Since Boot: 160 seconds
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: System Integrity Protection: disabled
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Feb  3 18:04:30 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[665]: Terminating Process:   exc handler [662]

• Like 1

• Supervisor

EFI_OC_Debug_Sky_Heart.zip

@Sky Heartthis is an Opencore debug EFi

if you want you can try to boot your USB installer with this one

From this, you can find also an opencore debug log (inside your mounted EFI partition, there you can find also your exact MMIO (now all disabled) when you will be able to boot, you could refine better to improve some functionality with a proper use of them (MMIO)

first, be sure your usb booting installer is perfect 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sky Heart said:

Thanks you @fabiosun I appreciate the help,

I'm going to follow what you suggested and start from scratch with creating a new USB Installer, the issue sometimes requires a working MacOS to download the installer or you should have a MacBook which I don't currently have.

the MMIO they are not mine it's what came with the files you guys shared is this Thread, I'm going to check that as well but since @cleverhome has the same MotherBoard I thought this might work.

Hi @Sky Heart

For my succeeded Hackintosh (Big Sur), I've following @fabiosun guide 100% and get it well done, of course it's painful (at least for me).

So you just follow what instructed, step by step, you will be alright.

For build the USB Installer from scratch, you actually don't need a working Mac, you probably can do it all on Windows if you think https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS

is trustable, I have a working Mac, but my USB Installer was made by gibMacOS on Windows, you might consider this.

Looking to see your good news.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the help @fabiosun and @cleverhome , and sorry for not replying I was busy rebuilding my system and with upgrade to RX 6800XT GPU,

I'm now in the process of starting from scratch with building a new installer with the EFI files that @fabiosunshared and I will report back in case of any issues or if I was able to install it successfully.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @fabiosun,

Thanks for the note, I just opened the thread wanting to post that I successfully installed Big Sur and it's working but as you said 6800XT have no acceleration 😞

I will keep this installation until something comes up for those GPU's.

Thanks a lot for the help.

• Cross Finger 1

• 11 months later...

@fabiosun

Hi there,

It's me again, I'm now upgraded to Monterey, which  the old config.plist for BigSur is no longer works, I've try to use OC GenX to make a new config.plist,

I can install Monterey...but...nothing loaded including Wifi, LAN,.....nothing except it can boot. (it's native BCM (Fenvi) work natively in Bigsur without any patching)

Could you please have a look into my EFI and tell what do I have to do to get it work.

One more sad thing, I've update OC to new version and somehow, I messup, my BigSur is death neither now.

Thank you very much for your kindness as always.

EFI.zip

• Supervisor
2 hours ago, cleverhome said:

@fabiosun

Hi there,

It's me again, I'm now upgraded to Monterey, which  the old config.plist for BigSur is no longer works, I've try to use OC GenX to make a new config.plist,

I can install Monterey...but...nothing loaded including Wifi, LAN,.....nothing except it can boot. (it's native BCM (Fenvi) work natively in Bigsur without any patching)

Could you please have a look into my EFI and tell what do I have to do to get it work.

One more sad thing, I've update OC to new version and somehow, I messup, my BigSur is death neither now.

Thank you very much for your kindness as always.

EFI.zip 11.74 MB · 1 download

Could you post your old and working EFI with Big Sur?

this attached is a bit weird

In Monterey only Fenvi card should work for sure

Other ethernet card could be problematic

Hi @fabiosun

Thank you very much for your help,

Please see the attachment .

To be clear, let I explain:

This EFI used to works well, including creating new Installation on Big Sur but it no longer now, right now, it just can boot the specified  SSD that installed Big Sur with THIS EFI ONLY,  I even try somehow to install Big Sur on another SSD (use general EFI on the internet), but it can't boot after the first installation (after restart), I use this EFI to try as I did before and...bum..restart.

Can you have a look in it and advise me what happened to me. 

Thanks,

Steve

EFI BigSur that works.zip

• Supervisor

@cleverhome also this EFI is a bit weird

I have update it with new patches 

I do not know if you need all kext and ssdt you are using

For sure in latest Monterey you should have problem with your ethernet card (not solved also in latest beta)

try this EFi , but I think you have also to check again your mmio whitelist as we did in the past

EFI-4.zip

Hi @fabiosun

Thanks to your magic, I used your EFI "as is", to start booting my Big Sur installed (half-way as mentioned), it went through and all working well including iMessage, Handoff, Airdrop. I want to express my thanks to you.

Back to the Monterey,

it's the same as what I faced, no SSDs detected (I have 3, but it see 1), no networks,...nothing. (please have a look at attached files)

So, I'm thinking, can I update from Big Sur to Monterey ? Can it be done automatically or it gonna get hanged? Any advices?

If we just can't update, with my existing installed Monterey (in another SSD), what is your opition?

Big1.jpg

Big2.jpg

Big3.jpg

Big4.jpg

Monterey.jpg

Monterey1.jpg

• Supervisor

@cleverhome both Aquantia and I211 should be problematic (drivers and patch are not good for us in Monterey)

Your WIFI Broadcom PCIex card should work fine

check if your MMIO are fine

But with Monterey I am using only a FENVI wifi/BT card which does not need of any kext

19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@cleverhome both Aquantia and I211 should be problematic (drivers and patch are not good for us in Monterey)

Your WIFI Broadcom PCIex card should work fine

check if your MMIO are fine

But with Monterey I am using only a FENVI wifi/BT card which does not need of any kext

That's why I said it's weird, I'm using Fenvi T919. Like I said, all working well in Big Sur, just not Monterey.

Secondly, in Monterey, it can see only 1 SSD (SS980), the other two is missing🤕

Any solutions?

4dd36ae23431cceeb10f197cb32a21df.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

Edited by cleverhome

• Supervisor

@cleverhomeyou can delete bootstrap folder in your EFi

Now you are using OpenCore 079

If you like you can add again your Device Properties (cosmetically things..but if you like to fill System PCI tab with a lot of informations is fine)

and do not change kernel patches..now you are using latest set of them 😉

I've tried to update Monterey directly from Big Sur, the result is... living in Spain without the "S", I'm going to reinstall Big Sur again and leave it untouched in 1 SSD.

I will install Monterey from scratch on another SSD and find the way to make it works.

Btw, would you mind to give me your EFI (your EFI that works with your current hardware), I will track it out line by line to modify to be mine see if it can solve the problem.

Again, thank you so much for your contributions.