Adobe Applications and AMD-OSX

fabiosun

@Ploddles: Thanks! Your scripts work with PS V21 (I initially ran them on V22 -- that didn't work)!  Now I think I can survive until Adobe releases new versions early next year supporting the M1 processor... Hopefully that will also work with our AMD hacks🤞THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!

• Supervisor
14 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

It stops all the crashing you described but still problems with Liquify, Neural Filters and Colourise.

ok no news , it is the same as before

we reach that condition some time ago I think

• +1 1

21 hours ago, Ploddles said:

I did have it working but since wiping my beta install of BS and installing the release version, I can't get it working again, with exactly the same patches. 😞

The problem (at least for me) appears to be a codesign related problem. Lightroom v10 was crashing with:

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x2

Obvious not the best solution, but I was able to get Lightroom v10 to start with the patches by signing it myself with: 'codesign --force --deep --sign -' . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nkw said:

The problem (at least for me) appears to be a codesign related problem. Lightroom v10 was crashing with:

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x2

Obvious not the best solution, but I was able to get Lightroom v10 to start with the patches by signing it myself with: 'codesign --force --deep --sign -' . 

I'm guessing you need Xcode installed for that?

Can you share the full command if it is just a terminal command?

7 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

I'm guessing you need Xcode installed for that?

Can you share the full command if it is just a terminal command?

Yes. Just a terminal command. Codesign comes with Xcode. Full command I used was 'codesign --force --deep --sign - '/Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app', but this isn't really a great solution because I'm sure it breaks some other stuff. I'm actually surprised patching the other Adobe apps don't break them as well with regard to codesigning. I haven't had a chance to do a deep dive yet, but I guess one possibility is the patched files in the other apps aren't signed, but they are for Lightroom v10. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nkw said:

Yes. Just a terminal command. Codesign comes with Xcode. Full command I used was 'codesign --force --deep --sign - '/Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app', but this isn't really a great solution because I'm sure it breaks some other stuff. I'm actually surprised patching the other Adobe apps don't break them as well with regard to codesigning. I haven't had a chance to do a deep dive yet, but I guess one possibility is the patched files in the other apps aren't signed, but they are for Lightroom v10. 

That was what I tried but I get an error:-

/Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app: Permission denied

In subcomponent: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app/Contents/MacOS/LogTransport2.app

Oops, brain fart by me, I should have realised 🙂

EDIT:-

For anyone else trying this solution by @nkw, for me it didn't work if I had already applied the usual patches. I keep a separate unpatched copy of all the Adobe apps, so I had to copy an unpatched version back to my Applications folder, run the code signing command and then apply the usual patches.

The first few times I tried to run Lightroom I had a prompt to enter my password, I had to do that about 10 times even though I selected "Always Allow". It did however finally get there after crashing if I didn't enter my password for a few minutes (I went to make a cup of tea).

It now appears to run fine but needs lots of testing to check if everything works.

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 19.19.14.png

Edited by Ploddles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supervisor
21 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

The latest release of Lightroom Classic, V10.1.1, no long seems to need the patches/fixes to work.

Let's hope that Photoshop etc follow this lead.

Could you try from terminal this?

lipo -info

Then space, then drag and drop binary inside show contents Photoshop macOS or similar path inside Lightroom path?

maybe they compiled it for arm 

thank you

• 4 months later...
  • Supervisor

@tomnicis working for a solution

for now I have seen and tested his work with photoshop 22.3.1 and latest after effects

and all seems to work fine (object selection tool and liquify or camera tracking in AE) without deleting or touching original included library

Grazie Nic 🙂