[TRX40] 3960X / Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme - Installation Issues

info

I don't think it will make any difference, who knows until you try, but you can use the attached to download Big Sur (run gibMacOS.command). Once downloaded run the downloaded install assistant and it will create the installer in your Applications folder. Copy that to your USB.

That last config file I sent you, I forgot to remove my serial numbers etc, please change them to yours.

gibMacOS-master.zip

1 minute ago, Ploddles said:

I don't think it will make any difference, who knows until you try, but you can use the attached to download Big Sur (run gibMacOS.command). Once downloaded run the downloaded install assistant and it will create the installer in your Applications folder. Copy that to your USB.

That last config file I sent you, I forgot to remove my serial numbers etc, please change them to yours.

gibMacOS-master.zip 540.8 kB · 0 downloads

I havent setup any serial numbers, could that be the problem?

1 minute ago, Ploddles said:

No, that won't make a difference, until you try to sign in with your Apple ID.

Big Sur has just this minute appeared in the App Store so you could download it from there, might be easier.

Thank you so much @Ploddles

I'll try that as well.

The only thing that i can think of is the GTX760 i have. I had it running on an intel hackintosh in Catalina without any problems but i don't know if its even relevant since I was using clover. 

One other thing to try could be to move the GTX to slot 2 or 4. I think we have run out of possibilities atm but the GTX is natively supported so should be OK.

Which slot is your M.2 installed in?

I've just noticed you have a Gigabyte M.2. Some M.2 drives aren't comparable with macOS (due to the controller chip on them). Do you have another brand you could try, or just a normal SSD (remove the M.2 first)?

17 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

One other thing to try could be to move the GTX to slot 2 or 4. I think we have run out of possibilities atm but the GTX is natively supported so should be OK.

Which slot is your M.2 installed in?

I've just noticed you have a Gigabyte M.2. Some M.2 drives aren't comparable with macOS (due to the controller chip on them). Do you have another brand you could try, or just a normal SSD (remove the M.2 first)?

I will try those now and let you know! I've tried with an ssd but it didn't work , ill see if changing the slot helps! The m.2 is installed in the first slot under the graphics card slot 1

Edited by info

If you loaded the profile then everything is ok. You don't by any chance have the Rev 1.1 of the motherboard do you? I don't know what the difference are between Rev 1.0 and 1.1.

1 more thing you could try is to remove the X.M.P profile in the BIOS. I can't think of anything else atm.

3 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

If you loaded the profile then everything is ok. You don't by any chance have the Rev 1.1 of the motherboard do you? I don't know what the difference are between Rev 1.0 and 1.1.

1 more thing you could try is to remove the X.M.P profile in the BIOS. I can't think of anything else atm.

How do i check that? I disabled XMP and still get the same error

1 minute ago, fabiosun said:

I would also simplify more you can all ssdt or kext you have in your Efi 

I will try removing as many kexts as i can and see if there is any progress! Is there a baseline config I can use?

Check the label on the box it came in, it will say Rev 1.0 or Rev 1.1. It will also be screen printed on the MB somewhere.

As Fabiosun says, disable the SSDTs. My system boots with and without them (I haven't got round to testing everything works without them yet). It isn't getting to a point where kexts would be loaded.

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

No because actual one should be work

in your config put a # in front mmio tab

then try to boot

also put in config all 0 on Sip value

nvidia caused to me many pains in the past with trx40

I can't find Sip Value , where should i search? I added # in from of mmio whitelist and disabled all ssdts . I will try now to see!

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 10.50.13 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

Check the label on the box it came in, it will say Rev 1.0 or Rev 1.1. It will also be screen printed on the MB somewhere.

As Fabiosun says, disable the SSDTs. My system boots with and without them (I haven't got round to testing everything works without them yet). It isn't getting to a point where kexts would be loaded.

It's rev 1.0 .

Disabled the ssdts but still the same issue. Oh boy ! The thought of windows makes me shiver ....