[TRX40] 3960X / Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme - Installation Issues

info

3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

uhm..so clicking in every button produce a restart?

if so maybe usb installer has a problem

Yeah! Even just moving the mouse restarts it. Should that also be the issue with the OC freezing ?

@info

I've just got home. I'll post a bios settings profile for you to load shortly.

EDIT:-

Attached is my bios profile, unzip it and copy to a USB stick. Boot to your bios setup and select Advanced. Select the last tab on the right and then the 'Load Profile' button at the bottom of the page. Select the USB stick and then the profile file (called TRX40Profile). Then select "Save and exit".

Immediately after it reboots, go back into the bios and go to the same tab. Save the profile to one of the 10 entries and give it a name.

TRX40Profile.zip

Edited by Ploddles
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, info said:

I tried windows 10 and it works fine!

@Ploddles i loaded the bios profile with your OC 6.3 efi and still get the same error : " Attempting system restart .. MACH Reboot"

I'm so baffled..

Is that when you select the Install macOS Catalina / Big Sur or before that. If after, please check the config.plist and ensure that SecureBootMode is set to Disabled.

Attached is my latest config.plist that is booting my system just fine. I don't think it changed but just in case here it is.

config.plist.zip

2 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

Is that when you select the Install macOS Catalina / Big Sur or before that. If after, please check the config.plist and ensure that SecureBootMode is set to Disabled.

Attached is my latest config.plist that is booting my system just fine. I don't think it changed but just in case here it is.

config.plist.zip 5.41 kB · 0 downloads

I get the boot screen , i select Install Catalina then it goes through a bunch of lines and gets stuck at that error 

2 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

Why have you got config.plist in Bootstrap? There should be a file called bootstrap.efi in there.

It's in the main EFI folder , the bootstrap folder was not expanded for some reason and it looks like it was inside of it! 

I really appreciate your help guys . Any other suggestions or troubleshooting i can try?

Just now, info said:

It's in the main EFI folder , the bootstrap folder was not expanded for some reason and it looks like it was inside of it! 

I really appreciate your help guys . Any other suggestions or troubleshooting i can try?

I must get my eyes tested 😂😂

• whahahah 1