[TRX40] 3960X / Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme - Installation Issues

info

Hey guys!

I've been waiting for the CPU cooler to arrive for my 3960X so I've been preparing beforehand with the installation. I've used the P List sanity check and I get this error . Have I missed anything?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 1.25.58 AM.png

5 minutes ago, info said:

Hey guys!

I've been waiting for the CPU cooler to arrive for my 3960X so I've been preparing beforehand with the installation. I've used the P List sanity check and I get this error . Have I missed anything?

Thank you!

Sanity Checker is just a rough guide and most of what it flags is irrelevant to TRX40 (and a lot for Intel systems as well!). Trust more what you read on this thread as we have all been there and have booting/working systems.

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Just did!

I'm gonna use the latest EFI you provided ( THANK YOU! ) and wanted to ask if there's something I need to change since I'm temporarily using a GTX760 until the 6800XT comes out

Thank you again!

• Supervisor
6 hours ago, info said:

Just did!

I'm gonna use the latest EFI you provided ( THANK YOU! ) and wanted to ask if there's something I need to change since I'm temporarily using a GTX760 until the 6800XT comes out

Thank you again!

Hi and welcome here

You new card (I hope for you you can find one as soon as possible) should be supported as is in macOS Big Sur

but for now...no one can say 🙂

maybe you will be one of the first one to test it

I think only whatevergreen kext could be useful..and I think you have it in your EFI

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

Hi and welcome here

You new card (I hope for you you can find one as soon as possible) should be supported as is in macOS Big Sur

but for now...no one can say 🙂

maybe you will be one of the first one to test it

I think only whatevergreen kext could be useful..and I think you have it in your EFI

Thank you Fabiosun . I've been running an Intel Hackintosh for the past 5 years with the same card and it worked fine in Catalina ( not gonna update to Big Sur yet since it's mostly for music production and it's still unsupported with many software developers for plugins ) . Let's hope for the best!

Really excited to join the Red team and very appreciative of this community for being so supportive and helpful 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

same bios as @Ploddlessaid above?

Yeah the latest F4l bios , i've tried a few different bios settings but still cant get it to continue to the installation . Stuck on the same page.

Should I be using any different boot arg since i'm using the GTX 760?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, fabiosun said:

however you have no filled your data in Platform / generic

or you have deleted it to upload here

?

I haven't!  How do I do that? 

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@info could you post also your bios settings (cpu related and boot related I mean)

PXL_20201112_135903483.jpg

PXL_20201112_135835220.jpg

PXL_20201112_135803990.jpg

PXL_20201112_135752589.jpg

PXL_20201112_135736679.jpg