Gigabyte TRX40 Designare - Shutdown then restarts

epxpc01

@epxpc01,

The Gigabyte TRX40 has a "Wake on LAN" setting in BIOS that is ON by default. You need to turn it OFF. Try that and report back.

If that alone doesn't work, try checking 1st 3 MMIO addresses as skip=1 and only the last 4 as skip 0. I forget what the consensus on the MMIOs is, @fabiosun can help reviewing your log. My MMIO addresses may be different even on the same board because I use BIOS f4h, which is not publicly available and changed my MMIO compared to f4c. Gigabyte has since rolled out newer BIOS which I have not tested.

If none of the above helps, try unplugging any extra USB devices you have, even keyboard, and re-try. Sometimes incompatible USB devices cause an issue.

Edited by meina222

Thank you meina222!

I did disable wake on lan and with the graphics card in slot 1,3,4 it hangs on the desktop. But with the graphics in slot 2 it turns off for 2 seconds, then back on.  I am not quite sure which MMIO's to enable, currently all 14 out of 18 are enabled. The last 4 I removed (skip 0).

@epxpc01,

I compared your EFI against mine. I have different BIOS so your MMIO is different. Here's a partial EFI structure with release OC (I removed the bulky Resources and Tools so I can share it here) that I currently use adapted to your MMIO. I also added some ACPI aml's for NVRAM, which may or may not help w shutdown. I use simplified startup args to just "-v keepsyms=1"

My OS is Big Sur beta 10 and the set of AMD patches in my config.plsit is reduced and tested to work on beta 9 and beta 10. Re-add your patches if you want lower OS's as I have not tested Catalina. Included is also a (disabled) aml that maps my ports with the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.

EFI structure TRX40-design.zip

Edited by meina222

Ok, perhaps it's best to try using your old EFI as a reference and change that. My BIOS is a bit older than yours (f4i I think is really f4L is just not named correctly on GB page). The reason I use f4h is Thunderbolt in Slot 4, which in earlier BIOS-es would not work.

Back to your original working EFI. Can you start by simplifying your boot args to just -v keepsyms=1. You can also disable Whatevergreen. If that works, try adding the .aml files in ACPI section from my attached EFI to see if we can get NVRAM working.

Edited by meina222