fabiosun

• Supervisor

@meina222 @Ploddles

For science and above all for the "monkey" of all the unlucky guys who are still waiting to find a new GPU at human prices ..

could you take this test? Candle benchmark in davinci resolve

Thank you 😁😂

Useful instructions and files needed here:

https://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/resolve-standard-candle-benchmark.3718/

• Like 1

• Supervisor
1 hour ago, Ploddles said:

@fabiosun where do I download the project from? The original site from a google search leads to a site that no longer exists. I'll try it this evening.

https://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/resolve-standard-candle-benchmark.3718/ (not available) (Sorry I will search in my backup)

if you need assistance to test let me now

basically you have to load the project then relink video file and press play (space bar)

then in color tab you have also to choose number of nodes

usually 6 TRN nodes or 66 Noise nodes and press play to see framerate

• Like 1

This is with 66 Nodes. The top images is when I have Edit selected in the bottom tab bar (24 frames), the second image when I have Colour selected in the bottom tab bar (20 - 22 frames).

How does that compare?

Screenshot 2021-01-02 135233.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 135522.png

Edited by Ploddles
  • Thanks 1

• Supervisor
21 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

This is with 66 Nodes. The top images is when I have Edit selected in the bottom tab bar (24 frames), the second image when I have Colour selected in the bottom tab bar (20 - 22 frames).

How does that compare?

Screenshot 2021-01-02 135233.png

It compares pretty well if you don't have unlocked playback frame rate

a green 24 frames means your gpu play well during the test, in my case on my Vega 64 I have 14 fps during 66 node test

About 20 during 6 TRN nodes test

with my old Titan Xp I had about 20 on 66 nodes test and I think about 30/31 on 6 TRN nodes test (I do not remember well 

• Like 1

• Supervisor
2 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

Still the same, flipping between 21 and 22 (OpenCL).

uhm..if so this confirms that new AMD GPU don't play well with OpenCL...

to be clear it seems they are worst also of a cheaper RTX 3070 card..and for me this is unbelievable 😞

I have to hope in a better driver or in a Metal OSX support...but these numbers are worst than Radeon VII previous top of the line AMD GPU

• Like 1

• Supervisor
Just now, Ploddles said:

30-31 with 6 TRN. These are all on Windows 10 of course until macOS drivers come out.

Many thanks @Ploddles for this test 

it seems it performs like a Nvidia 1080ti or Titan Xp

How I have said before I am a bit disappointed of this result because they are a bit less than previous Radeon VII GPU

I hope it is a bad driver...but very weird what AMD has done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@meina222click on project and open it

then from the edit page click on red clip icon (missing link) right clip replace file

search on your drive trackingxxxx.mov file and choose it

then move to color page and press space

When I did this for the first time earlier, when you try to relink it just browse to where the .mov file is located, you don't actually see it listed. I thought I was doing something wrong but you aren't.  Just select open and it will take a few seconds before you see the clip in Resolve.

Edited by Ploddles

Do you mean "Tutorial - Tracking" MOV file? I tried. Nothing. The weird thing is that I was able to see the frames about an hour ago but had to head out and when I came back I restarted and it was blank.

Stepping aside for 15 min ... Will try again in a bit.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches