You are a guest user Click to join the site
fabiosun

TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches (Yes it works...but..Proxmox is better?)

1563819237_ScreenShot2020-09-18at17_03_54.png.78bb9b9bf4623294b6cf0aa7cafffa80.png

and this is the KP start..sorry for bad picture quality..I see some ACPI...but I can't be more precise

unless a brilliant intuition not on the horizon for the moment ... let's get comfortable and enjoy Catalina 10.15.6 or Big Sur beta 6

or back to the past (proxmox/big Sur beta 7)

I too tested. It boots Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

Furthermore, it allowed me to download and update ß6 to ß7 in bare metal (it required 4 re-boots for update).

So thanks Pavo (and algrey)!

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 1

Just did the update on the bare metal from beta 6 to beta 7 - several reboots later, it finished just as expected, so thank you from me too.

For those who don't know how to back out what changed from the git history, attaching my config plist with working patches (1st 4 patches added based on Pavo's git commit). Note: this covers Big Sur only.

config.plist.zip

Edited by meina222
  • Like 1

Unfortunately they still don't go to me, compared to the previous ones they go a little further in the verbose but then the system restarts I think after a message on the USB However it does not make a good reference here as I have other difficulties to deal with very likely using Nvidia

@meina222 the added patches have the min and max kernels set for use in Big Sur, so no problem adding all those posted by @Pavo 's link if opencore works properly, only the correct patches for the operating system in use are successfully loaded

Edited by fabiosun
typo

Some testing under BS ß7, not as good as ß6 (several runs all with similar values shown below).

With the final patch enabled (algrey - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT):

1709348566_ScreenShot2020-09-19at9_58_25PM.png.6249034806e25f6c4b74b329bed3a6a2.png

With it disabled (~20% improvement, but still of of the 140 fps on ß6 and old Patches):

2000372968_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_10_22PM.png.ebac8374e0b7f2517c5c958709ad0f78.png

2 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Unfortunately they still don't go to me, compared to the previous ones they go a little further in the verbose but then the system restarts I think after a message on the USB However it does not make a good reference here as I have other difficulties to deal with very likely using Nvidia

@meina222 the added patches have the min and max kernels set for use in Big Sur, so no problem adding all those posted by @Pavo 's link if opencore works properly, only the correct patches for the operating system in use are successfully loaded

I did change config slightly. When DisableLinkeditJettison was enabled, ß7 would not boot (as it would into ß6), so I disabled and added keepsysms to boot-arg:

372794264_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_16_54PM.png.e525c0bb9eea5addcd32a7f7a1add427.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I simply looked at the git commit and the diff. I took the 4 patches he added with comment on Big Sur on top of the "minimum set" of patches Pavo referred to a few days ago found by experimentation. Perhaps, for those with problems, it's wise to try the full set found in the patches.plist file in git. 

31 minutes ago, meina222 said:

I simply looked at the git commit and the diff. I took the 4 patches he added with comment on Big Sur on top of the "minimum set" of patches Pavo referred to a few days ago found by experimentation. Perhaps, for those with problems, it's wise to try the full set found in the patches.plist file in git. 

I used full set shown by Pavo, and then as noted above, disabled the last.

I saw some slight differences between the two lists: more to test tomorrow. I'd like to get the overall speed back to where it was.

EDIT:

Changes to old list:

cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0 (31C031DB 31C931D2 0FA24189 C6000000 00000000 74) was only Catalina, now Catalina and BS.

skip cpuid_cores_per_package test (833D0000 0000000F 00000000 008B00BC) was originally only Catalina, now enabled for Catalina and BS.

algrey - cpuid_set_generic_info - set microcode=186 was originally only for Catalina, now enabled for HS thru BS.

Edited by iGPU

I have Nvidia, so I have additional problem (system unsupported with Mac Pro 7.1 smbios)

my statement before was to say

using all set of patches allow to boot all system if you use more than one..in every system only the right patches are loaded (ie in Big Sur , patches with max kernel lower than 20 are not loaded

now I am trying a different thing..but only to be clear very happy it is working for you 🙂

image.png.72f48cdc49efe2a83401b1d703990e93.png

These are the patches I added on top of my beta 6 ones. Haven't tested CB 15 yet, as I am getting plugin errors due to "developer cannot be verified" (even when doing ctrl+open) but found no regressions in CB 20 and Geekbench.

1615277905_Schermata2020-09-19alle10_49_49PM.png.0baff6fd3ea38a6db32e57b575e981c0.png

I can boot with my efi, Pavo efi , Meina config (with imacpro Smbbios) with previous Big Sur beta (maybe this one is beta 5)

With latesti it simply reboots

I am trying to download again..but maybe I am between apple and Nvidia war 🙂 🙂

1 hour ago, iGPU said:

I did change config slightly. When DisableLinkeditJettison was enabled, ß7 would not boot (as it would into ß6), so I disabled and added keepsysms to boot-arg:

372794264_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_16_54PM.png.e525c0bb9eea5addcd32a7f7a1add427.png

I miss this one...

have to test in this way

thank you

7 hours ago, iGPU said:

B7 is booting fine for me with DisableLinkeditJettison enabled and no boot-args.

1738201472_ScreenShot2020-09-20at9_20_57AM.png.17fd8d75eed212de45f0c802c22dfd81.png

The 4 additional patches worked for me as well. No need to modify DisableLinkeditJettison or add keepsyms to boot args.

Getting an average score of 130 fps for Cinebench 15 OpenGL on my RX580, so that is less than previously.

• Like 1

Back from filming... well, you fellas have been busy with Beta 7 BS... 

Time to give it a go for kicks!

Any advice for us Asrock n rollers?