fabiosun

2 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Yeah but you have to scale. Here's what its like in 8K (good for Photo/video editing though!)96237067_8Kdell.thumb.jpg.8c8c17f1996a3dfb4bbef0c85c68d1c9.jpg

Very cool🤣 I almost bought it but changed my mind after reading some comments about macOS sensing the dual display port output as TWO 4K monitors🤨 Also, love your minimalist EFI -- not even the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml needed.  Did you replace the m.2 wifi/BT card or using a PCIe fenvi card with the same Broadcom chip? On my Asrock X299 Creator mobo, I have to use the PCIe card because swapping out the M.2 card caused boot problem (that was before  PC 063).  Thanks again!

8 hours ago, shutterbug168 said:

@DriftwoodOne more question: since you are not using the boot argument of npci=0x2000, is your CSM support disabled and Above 4G enabled?  I have CSM enabled for now and the Above 4G not changeable... Thanks!

csm disabled/Above 4g enabled

m.2ncard swapped for a Broadcom one. its on the proxmox thread somewhere. a few of us have the same swap out.

Edited by Driftwood

On 12/3/2020 at 12:46 AM, shutterbug168 said:

@Rox67er, how did you resolve the shutdown and immediately restarting problem with the Asrock MB since there's no separate "Wake on Lan" option to turn off? Thanks!

I don't have that issue at all. Will look into my bios settings after reboot, I think there is a wake on lan setting somewhere. (Wake on PCI which is also Lan?)

@shutterbug168 The BIOS setting for wake on lan is here: It is called PCIE Devices Power On but in the help text it shows this is also for Wake on Lan.

IMG_1112.thumb.jpg.cc311a46b88e74c4727ec11c78610f2f.jpg

16 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Big Sur Sleep Video

Catalina Sleep Working

@Rox67er & other Asrock board owners: My Asrock Creator EFI for both BS & Cat (with two variants of config (ie one with full Algrey patches called 'config1.plist', the other 'Config2.plist' with the only patches we need thanks to *fabiosun testing)  - please update and enter with your own platform info and rename your chosen configs.plist to config.plist). * Please note I swapped out the motherboard's  wifi/BT for a Broadcom 100%  Apple supported version board. However, I dont much use wifi/BT so test away!

Driftwood Cat BS with 2 variant configs EFI.zip 1.83 MB · 8 downloads

I copied your EFI and used the limited patch list, replaced my info. All is well, system boots fine but still no sleep, it wakes up immediately after sleep. It must be somewhere in the BIOS settings.

Could you save your config file to usb and share it?

IMG_1111.thumb.jpg.81eedce1be2f26c0a4e8aacb195565ae.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rox67er said:

Love to hear if it works for you, I still don't get sleep to work. 🥵

@Rox67er, thanks for sharing the link and PCIe power option -- I have set to disabled... but still not shutting down properly.  I plan to install @Driftwood's EFI tomorrow.  Until I try the EFI, I always have CSM set to "enabled" in order to boot up my AMD hack.  Is it the same in your case? Will report back tomorrow...

14 hours ago, shutterbug168 said:

@Rox67er, thanks for sharing the link and PCIe power option -- I have set to disabled... but still not shutting down properly.  I plan to install @Driftwood's EFI tomorrow.  Until I try the EFI, I always have CSM set to "enabled" in order to boot up my AMD hack.  Is it the same in your case? Will report back tomorrow...

CSM disabled, Above 4G enabled.

52 minutes ago, Rox67er said:

CSM disabled, Above 4G enabled.

So, I swapped out the intel wifi/bt m.2 card and installed @Driftwood's EFI this morning... Both wifi and BT work accordingly!  Unfortunately, I have no luck with both sleep and shutdown🤨 The only thing I added to the EFI was Opencanopy because I do have a separate Windows 10 nvme drive.  When I do shutdown, the worst part is that the hack will immediately restart and get stuck at code "99" on the mobo (DXE_SIO_INIT -- IO initialization problem?).  I will have to turn the power off completely in order to get the machine rebooting properly...

11 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@shutterbug168

for shutdown problem:

have you defined properly your mmio whitelist in your config.plist?

could you post your debug log file

thank you

@fabiosunWhere's the log file located? Thanks!

• Supervisor

you have to use a debug version of OpenCore and you have to set debug target on 67 (default is 3)

then you will find in your EFI partition a txt opencore debug file..

there you will see your mmio and..there you will understand why your system does not shutdown properly

@shutterbug168

also, take a look here

it is a well written summary of all stuff we discovered about MMIO...

with the proper one for your new bios and motherboard you will solve latest problems you have now 😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

you have to use a debug version of OpenCore and you have to set debug target on 67 (default is 3)

then you will find in your EFI partition a txt opencore debug file..

there you will see your mmio and..there you will understand why your system does not shutdown properly

@shutterbug168

also, take a look here

it is a well written summary of all stuff we discovered about MMIO...

with the proper one for your new bios and motherboard you will solve latest problems you have now 😉

@fabiosunThanks! So, here's the debug files... Will need to learn more about how to fix my MMIO!  Thanks again! 

Archive.zip

• Thanks 1

I promised a few weeks ago that I would post my Mac mini (Apple Silicon) scores. Our AMD hacks blow it away, of course, but after using the Mac mini for almost a week, it just works. It is super quiet. No heat, no noise, sleep works, etc. The only thing that really disappointed me was the amount of time it took to run Cinebench 23, especially with one core. I don't do any video editing, so I have nothing to compare it against. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.06.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.09.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.14.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.55.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.20.26 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 2

• Supervisor
12 hours ago, Jaidy said:

will upgrading to OC 0.6.4 possible with the existing config.plist for OC 0.6.3 you generously provided?

maybe this video could be useful

You can also check config.plist conformity with an internal opencore devs tool like OCValidate

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rox67er said:

@shutterbug168 attached my latest EFI with my best config so far for the AsRock TRX40 creator. With USB patching thanks to @Rocket88 I don't have the 99 error anymore and everything works except for sleep. (and sidecar)  CSM disabled, Above 4G enabled. Make sure to add your personal platforminfo. 

EFI.zip 3.38 MB · 1 download

Thanks, @Rox67er!  Will try it later today...

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches