fabiosun

On 11/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, Ploddles said:

Not for macOS but if you have Linux installed as well and boot via OC @jncasey states it will not boot properly. I haven’t loaded Linux on my machine yet but will do at some point and then test. Left enabled as I would forget which option(s) to enable. . 

@fabiosun Sorry for the delay! I've finally had a chance to test booting my machine in macOS and Ubuntu again.

You were correct that I only needed to enable SyncRuntimePermissions is order to have OC boot Ubuntu without a grub memory error. With SyncRuntimePermissions enabled and RebuildAppleMemoryMap disabled, Ubuntu will still boot through OC. 

However! On my machine, if I enable SyncRuntimePermissions and not RebuildAppleMemoryMap, macOS won't boot – there's a memory-related kernel panic.

So that's how I've arrived at having both of those quirks enabled. 

• +1 1

Finally got this sussed albeit old version. Camtasia v2.10.8  (great screen recording & editing software) works on baremetal / cat&BS. 

Whereas, version 3, 2019 & 2020 do not as its Intel Fast Memset dylib primed.

However, 2019 & 2020 on Proxintosh work fine.

https://www.techsmith.com/download/oldversions(edited)

1324083580_Screenshot2020-11-19at01_31_34.thumb.png.6d071c21e8c66aab04ded18c786e7bba.png

Edited by Driftwood
  • Thanks 1

• Supervisor
10 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Whats your best settings then?

default one in my case...but this app is very interesting..

many AMD user like to use an Intel CPU power management like as real intel Mac..

I prefer AMD way 🙂

• Like 2

Hello everyone

I am completely new to the subject.

I just made my first Ryzentosh.

I followed the step by step on the Dortonia Open Core site.

Obviously I had a few issues that I was able to resolve.

On the advice of Fabiosun, I read this thread from page one to the last to refine my Ryzentosh.

Besides, thank you for your involvement and try to popularize as much as possible this science which is really obscure to me.

I would like to solve a first problem why my Radeon Pro WX9100 card does not appear in the PCI info?

Could look at my config.plist if there are any settings to improve.

PCIe.png

Monitor.png

config.plist.zip

• Supervisor

@Arrakisif you followed Dortania guide..your first problem is not GPU not showing in PCI tab for sure 🙂

joking about it

😉

to have tour GPU in  PCI TAB you can add some stuff in device properties:

1883919761_ScreenShot2020-11-19at6_26_29PM.thumb.png.030270a389e37f2e11536e1498141907.png

but it is only cosmetic stuff and there you can write every thing you want:

163061592_ScreenShot2020-11-19at5_28_27PM.png.3e4780e137ed49de0de624486cd235be.png

you can use @Gengik84 PowerTool app you can find in download forum area to search your gpu (and others) exact address to add in your config.plist device properties tab

• Like 1

Thank you Fabiosun at least I now know where to act.😲

For PS 1, I don't know, I just took Dortania's advice. I'm removing it because I don't use the sound at startup.

For the PS 2, thanks for the compliment, this is really my first Ryzentosh and PC for that matter.

• +1 1

12 hours ago, fabiosun said:

default one in my case...but this app is very interesting..

many AMD user like to use an Intel CPU power management like as real intel Mac..

I prefer AMD way 🙂

Yeah I been using defaults. Nice to see AMD Power Gadget working :-)

Has anyone found a way to see the Big Sur Boot drive (not Preboot) from within Catalina yet?

On 9/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, fabiosun said:

AMD radeon users..if you want try here is the trick 🙂

376270999_ScreenShot2020-09-22at14_06_54.png.a1ff13a022904f70d05616eafa43837d.png

@fabiosun

Indeed this trick really boosts performance (see screenshots)

1879413140_UPDATERDATAHUBTRUE.thumb.jpg.a415b32cb4f4515a149a678b9875c5ff.jpg1753586482_UPDATERDATAHUBFALSE.thumb.jpg.78dd213c5ca1994c549436a3a5d30552.jpg

but

there is one major drawback:

In my case, I use the ultraStudio 4k mini for audio listening.

False:

The FCP X and Premiere apps no longer access 4k UltraStudio for audio (so audio is muted but not the image.)

Davinci Resolve has access to ultraStudio 4k mini (synchronized sound and image).

Also if I choose to listen to the hdmi output of my monitors. The sound is choppy and out of sync in FCP X and Première but not in Resolve.

True:

All applications have access to ultraStudio mini 4k even the Finder, Safari etc….

Is there a solution to work around this problem?

Because the performances are really very interesting.

• Supervisor
5 minutes ago, Arrakis said:

@fabiosun

Indeed this trick really boosts performance (see screenshots)

but

there is one major drawback:

In my case, I use the ultraStudio 4k mini for audio listening.

False:

The FCP X and Premiere apps no longer access 4k UltraStudio for audio (so audio is muted but not the image.)

Davinci Resolve has access to ultraStudio 4k mini (synchronized sound and image).

Also if I choose to listen to the hdmi output of my monitors. The sound is choppy and out of sync in FCP X and Première but not in Resolve.

True:

All applications have access to ultraStudio mini 4k even the Finder, Safari etc….

Is there a solution to work around this problem?

Because the performances are really very interesting.

no for now..and in each system problems could be different

I have no skill to investigate more ..but some stuff is missing to rule this subject

• Like 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches