fabiosun

For me the bluetooth was working ootb by the system, but thank you, will give it a try

Edit: bt works fine, and wifi too, funny :), speeds are not the speed of light, but nice success. Who is developing this? just to follow for updates. 

and thank you

.... And fabiosun already answered my question ahead 🙂

Edited by fojerhar
update
  • +1 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, fojerhar said:

For me the bluetooth was working ootb by the system, but thank you, will give it a try

Edit: bt works fine, and wifi too, funny :), speeds are not the speed of light, but nice success. Who is developing this? just to follow for updates. 

and thank you

.... And fabiosun already answered my question ahead 🙂

The drivers are being ported from Linux (here) with OpenIntelWireless/itlwm for Wifi drivers and ~/IntelBluetoothFirmware for BT drivers.

I've been using the drivers on/off as they've progressed over the past year. BT has been working from the start with a gradual expansion of supported chips (read the site for models). Wifi has become better supported than it was a year ago and is simpler to use. I swapped out the BT/Wifi chip and so do not use these drivers on the TRX40 build. I've used them thru VM (where I made posts some months ago on this forum) and on Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

Edited by iGPU

• Moderators
On 9/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, fojerhar said:

Hi, no, still suffering with it.

Now I have an LSI FW643 installed. As I remember, older builds I did not have to do anything special

Thank you

iMac Pro v5 pcislot4.zip 4.66 MB · 2 downloads

Your card looks like it should be fine. The one I'm using is here.

I've attached an OpenCore DevProp that may help inject some function for your Firewire card (copy and paste it into your DevProp section; then reboot). You'll need to adjust the address using Hackintool as I shown below (I'm including the instructions as I don't know if you've used Hackintool before).

Based on your IORE file, it looks like you're using the card in slot-3. I'm using in slot-2 (but I'm using water-cooled GPUs that expose slot-2, which would otherwise be obscured by the GPU in slot-1).

I don't recall whether you tried in different slots, but if slot 2 (D0A2/D0A9) is not available, perhaps try in slot-4, repeating the instructions below to re-calculate the address for slot-4. In slot-4, it will probably appear at D2A2 in IORE.

1) Use Hackintool to extract PCIe data into a text file:

Spoiler

602230781_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_25_09AM.png.241e8c3f59742cf4718e0d4dbd0eb6e0.png

2) From pcidevices.txt, look for and copy the address for your Firewire card:

Spoiler

364531469_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_26_37AM.png.b85ac6ef058f64e6d975485ae8656a6d.png

3) Use this data to adjust the DevProp address in OpenCore for your build (replacing the high-lighted blue section with the correct address; once done, re-boot and see if it works):

Spoiler

1286641942_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_39_18AM.png.86778abd5d9d8e64352311a92814602f.png

DevProp-FireWire.plist.zip

• Supervisor

Hi Everyone,

I would like to remind you that we have a simple app made just for us by @Gengik84that you can use to get many of the useful things you find in other apps ..

Then it is clear that everyone uses what is most convenient for them

.. but it is worth trying PowerTool downloadable from our download area 🙂 

• Thanks 2
  • Ok 2

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

Your card looks like it should be fine. The one I'm using is here.

I've attached an OpenCore DevProp that may help inject some function for your Firewire card (copy and paste it into your DevProp section; then reboot). You'll need to adjust the address using Hackintool as I shown below (I'm including the instructions as I don't know if you've used Hackintool before).

Based on your IORE file, it looks like you're using the card in slot-3. I'm using in slot-2 (but I'm using water-cooled GPUs that expose slot-2, which would otherwise be obscured by the GPU in slot-1).

I don't recall whether you tried in different slots, but if slot 2 (D0A2/D0A9) is not available, perhaps try in slot-4, repeating the instructions below to re-calculate the address for slot-4. In slot-4, it will probably appear at D2A2 in IORE.

1) Use Hackintool to extract PCIe data into a text file:

Reveal hidden contents

602230781_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_25_09AM.png.241e8c3f59742cf4718e0d4dbd0eb6e0.png

2) From pcidevices.txt, look for and copy the address for your Firewire card:

Reveal hidden contents

364531469_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_26_37AM.png.b85ac6ef058f64e6d975485ae8656a6d.png

3) Use this data to adjust the DevProp address in OpenCore for your build (replacing the high-lighted blue section with the correct address; once done, re-boot and see if it works):

Reveal hidden contents

1286641942_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_39_18AM.png.86778abd5d9d8e64352311a92814602f.png

DevProp-FireWire.plist.zip 1.05 kB · 1 download

Hi

Thank you. Tried all the three free slots, with the same result, it shows up in the PCI slots (as I correct the device path), but not working, No FireWire ports were found. in the Firewire section

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 21.02.23.png

• Moderators
3 hours ago, fojerhar said:

Hi

Thank you. Tried all the three free slots, with the same result, it shows up in the PCI slots (as I correct the device path), but not working, No FireWire ports were found. in the Firewire section

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 21.02.23.png

The DeviceProperties injection is working.

I would expect functionality since drivers are loaded in yours as well as mine:

2040154320_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_38_02PM.png.f2b6cd02d490cdce06094d76ce3f5f20.png

What does it show when you select Firewire in same SystemInfo section?

Mine shown below:

531101859_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_38_20PM.png.d4df79c3c260a4d17f7c189539529ed0.png

The above image changes to the following after a Firewire device is connected and turned on (in this case an RME Fireface 800):

1238252363_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_44_28PM.png.e23fb47e927c7f0ce60ad952e370f930.png

Edited by iGPU

10 hours ago, iGPU said:

The DeviceProperties injection is working.

I would expect functionality since drivers are loaded in yours as well as mine:

2040154320_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_38_02PM.png.f2b6cd02d490cdce06094d76ce3f5f20.png

What does it show when you select Firewire in same SystemInfo section?

Mine shown below:

531101859_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_38_20PM.png.d4df79c3c260a4d17f7c189539529ed0.png

The above image changes to the following after a Firewire device is connected and turned on (in this case an RME Fireface 800):

1238252363_ScreenShot2020-09-27at3_44_28PM.png.e23fb47e927c7f0ce60ad952e370f930.png

Hi

My drivers are seem to be loaded

Firewire tab is still empty

I have an extra link speed string, so it double-checks me that the card is recognised 

I don't know who made this card, I see only that is has the LSI L-FW643-6-BP chip, what as I know is the same what the real Macs had/or have

I have been using this card since 6-8 years in my older hack builds, always was working

How do you know that this card is single or dual?

I had only problem when I swapped from my Asus prime z370 do a gigabyte designare z390 because of the thunderbolt, the designare was not booting with it (bios update solved this), then I swapped the fw card with my neighbour to a Texas instrument card , that was fine with the designare, and now we swapped back. His card also was not working in this setup in the trx40's. (my first set was an Aurus trx40 wifi with 3960X, then I swapped to this bigger set after two weeks)

Today I have ordered the same card what iGPU has, hoping the bests

Thank you ALL for your help, by the way!!!!

I was thinking that I have some IRQ problems maybe. I'm not pro at editing that. Tried the automatic SSDTTIME, without success.

For this setup Mald0n at olarila made me a proper dsdt, where all the issues are solved, except this, so I think that the IRQ's have to be right

I use my hacks for audio production swapped from i7 to this monster to handle more plugins for me, what it does, so using the UAD sound card (with the own dsp) is a kind of mandatory, and with this board I have no thunderbolt option (BUT we have thunderbolt enable option in the bios LOL!!!)

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 10.59.54.png

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 11.00.05.png

IMG_5270 copy.jpg

21 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@fojerharcurious about your DSDT and which problem the custom one solved for you... 😉

You can dive into it if you want to 🙂

In this case I had no special issues (only fw 🙂 ), but don't have to use any ssdts, and I think cosemtic things also came into the pci section what I see

Restart thing, MMIO poaching was solved by your advices before this

In the past it solved my usb issues

DSDT.aml.zip

• Supervisor

I am not using any ssdt or dsdt , maybe if you use thunderbolt card is something needed, but for other task I do not use it

Maybe to charge iPad from pc usb?

however if it is useful for you is fine

Some time I use PCI device properties to solve orange external icon for my internal sata disk or to fill with cosmetic stuff my pci tab..

For my need is working also well without doing nothing 🙂

Hello everyone, 

I was not sure if I should post it here or elsewhere, so @fabiosun if this is violating the terms of the fora, feel free to delete it. 

I recently moved to Logitech Brio 4k webcam from my previous Logitech C920. On my machine (specs in signature), if I have the webcam plugged in, then I start getting these messages "USB Accessory Needs Power". Keyboard, trackpad, mouse seem to work by and large, but there are times if I move the webcam to another USB port at the back panel, one of these stop working. Now I have Manjaro KDE (Linux) installed on another drive, and when I boot into that, these problems do not occur. 

So is any one else facing these issues? I Googled it and the solutions (removing USBInjectAll.kext, moving between profiles Mac Pro to iMac Pro) did not help. Does any one have a suggestion for this? Should I just get an externally powered USB hub and connect things to it (is this going to work, or is this some issue with my hackintoshing process)? @Ploddles have you faced any such issues?

P.s. This problem doesn’t arise on my MacBook either (but that just has two USB ports)

Edited by Jaidy

@Jaidy

Sounds like a USB port configuration problem.

Please try the EFI  HERE - this is Catalina and Big Sur bootable.

Added recently to this are a couple of SSDTs renaming the controllers so that USB ports are set up correctly, thanks to @iGPU.

Also, the builtin Wifi and Bluetooth work with this EFI - at least in BS but should also work in Catalina.

Just note not to connect your mouse or keyboard to the top left USB port, as that is USB3 only with the SSDTs enabled - there is probably a way to get it back to default USB 2 & 3, but I haven't looked into it much.

13 hours ago, fojerhar said:

My drivers are seem to be loaded

Firewire tab is still empty

I have an extra link speed string, so it double-checks me that the card is recognised 

I don't know who made this card, I see only that is has the LSI L-FW643-6-BP chip, what as I know is the same what the real Macs had/or have

I have been using this card since 6-8 years in my older hack builds, always was working

How do you know that this card is single or dual?

@fojerhar  Your card looks remarkably like mine! Here's what my FW card shows:

1973947186_ScreenShot2020-09-28at23_35_31.png.e473ad30414365598d259e2e0413dfbf.png1860711760_ScreenShot2020-09-28at23_35_05.png.df4fc6f909cbcb90ffb8c0fc3945693e.png

My card is a cheap Startech (15 years old now) Firewire 1394b LP version which has always worked in all my hacks (ie its not the bridged cherry version)  See https://www.startech.com/uk/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/3-Port-2b-1a-Low-Profile-1394-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card-Adapter~PEX1394B3LP.

fw0.jpg

fw1.jpg

fw2.jpg

Does yours need a power connector like mine? If so, ensure its powered/ attached.

Also contrary to popular belief, the more channels available on a MADI card or firewire audio  interface won't necessarily give you any more AU/VST software plugin power! Only onboard fx/plugins for the device.

Edited by Driftwood

12 hours ago, Driftwood said:

@fojerhar  Your card looks remarkably like mine! Here's what my FW card shows:

1973947186_ScreenShot2020-09-28at23_35_31.png.e473ad30414365598d259e2e0413dfbf.png1860711760_ScreenShot2020-09-28at23_35_05.png.df4fc6f909cbcb90ffb8c0fc3945693e.png

My card is a cheap Startech (15 years old now) Firewire 1394b LP version which has always worked in all my hacks (ie its not the bridged cherry version)  See https://www.startech.com/uk/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/3-Port-2b-1a-Low-Profile-1394-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card-Adapter~PEX1394B3LP.

fw0.jpg

fw1.jpg

fw2.jpg

Does yours need a power connector like mine? If so, ensure its powered/ attached.

Also contrary to popular belief, the more channels available on a MADI card or firewire audio  interface won't necessarily give you any more AU/VST software plugin power! Only onboard fx/plugins for the device.

🙂

Thank you for the proper demonstration

I will wait for my ordered Startech card, if it will work

Yesterday tried the neighbours TI chipset card, also not working

Have to say, that both cards are working under windows, and his older hacks with high Sierra x299 chipset (I think, older i7)

External power never was connected (I also don't have any kind of cable for that.... 🙂 )

I use an UAD Apollo 16 sound card https://reverb.com/p/universal-audio-apollo-16-quad-silver, and it has its own DSP and the own plugins are running there

Do you think, that can this firewire issue be connected with Above 4G decoding?

Because CSM sport have to be enable for my Gigabyte Aourus rx580 8Gb card (stange issue), and by this I cannot enable above 4G decoding in this board. The previous Designare allowed this combo for me.

Funny: Why do we have this thunderbolt option enable???? in our Asrock, or just a bug left there

Section 3:

Do you also have huge multicore performance difference between win and OS X on the same setup?

win: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15754100

osx: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15765221

Other issue: With my designare Z390 I had thunderbolt, I checked to use my UAD with TB and with FW on the same system. With Pro Tools, same session. With TB I had 90% cpu usage, and with FW I had 60%. Strange. Seemed that thunderbolt connection was sitting on the cpu, just like if I used the UHD 630 internal graphics. There I had the same issue. With UHD630 session runs 90%, with rx580 used 50% of the cpu. This was the reason I chose this motherboard, and not to have thunderbolt instead (and of course the price difference)

thunderbolt fun.jpg

@fojerhar - in my experiments with Windows on Proxmox and CPU host passthrough, I found out that Windows 1909 has a significantly lower Geekbench 5 multi-core performance compared to Windows 2004. Windows 2004 seems to have optimized something w.r.t. this specific benchmark and now it almost matches MacOS in both Geekbench and Cinebench. The 2004 is still work-in-progress for AMD based systems though - not sure if available as an update yet - I had to do clean install. This is VM based testing but the CPU scores should carry over bare metal.

I have to give Windows 2004 credit - it's an extremely polished experience, that actually exceeds MacOS nowadays in responsiveness and usability. If it only didn't have its tainted legacy of silly options and features enabled by default, the registry and a tens of services that need pruning.

Edited by meina222

Anybody with a Gigabyte motherboard, they have pulled all the last BIOS update files and replaced them with newer versions. I didn't notice anything different so don't know what has changed. They were all pulled yesterday and the newer ones are dated 25 September.

• Thanks 1

@Ploddles,

I posted yesterday about the pull out of GB BIOS-es on GB forums. The GB BIOS development for TRX40 seems like a hot mess. Pretty much everyone agreed that F4k on Designare didn't work and it also broke my Thunderbolt Slot 4. The GB support bluntly told me not to use F4k weeks before they pulled it.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Jaidy said:

Is there any one running a Logitech's BRIO 4k webcam?

@Ploddles thanks so much for the updated EFI. It didn't solve the problem, but I shall be able to upgrade to Big Sur when it comes out so that is good 🙂

I'm using the Logitech C920 without issues. I do have it and most things on my desktop connected to an USB Hub which has it's own power. Your OS (whether Mojave, Catalina or BS) should have no bearing on this issue. I don't even think your EFI should much matter on this build, esp if you're using few SSDTs.

Can you plug your old C920 into the same port to verify that it works?

Next, I'd look at Logitech driver issues: are there any special drivers required by Logitech for the BRIO (and did you need to uninstall old drivers for the C920)?

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, meina222 said:

Beta 9 is safe to install. Worked fine just like beta 8.

I too installed ß9 bare metal, but over ß6 (I never installed ß8). Since I'd removed the Snapshot partition, it is not possible to install the partial update (only a full installer can do this). So, I booted into Recovery, re-installed ß6, then updated with the partial ß9 installer downloaded from Apple. I have 2 Big Sur drives, the other one I'm leaving at ß7 (Snapshot was removed on this drive too).

• +1 1

5 hours ago, iGPU said:

I'm using the Logitech C920 without issues. I do have it and most things on my desktop connected to an USB Hub which has it's own power. Your OS (whether Mojave, Catalina or BS) should have no bearing on this issue. I don't even think your EFI should much matter on this build, esp if you're using few SSDTs.

Can you plug your old C920 into the same port to verify that it works?

Next, I'd look at Logitech driver issues: are there any special drivers required by Logitech for the BRIO (and did you need to uninstall old drivers for the C920)?

That one has been working without any problems, and swapping the Brio with 920 eradicates the USB issues. This could be an issue with power draw, but its just that this problem does not arise in Manjaro, or with my MacBook Pro (though as the MBP only has two USB ports, it could be that it can provide ample power). So in that sense, it could be an OS issue. There are reports of such problems over the web, and one simple solution is getting a powered hub. Other solutions were more technical of creating a SSDT for USB ports, which after going through a tutorial by RehabMan is a bit too technical for me (plus that is for X299 motherboard, which I am not sure would be the same procedure for Trx40?)..

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches