fabiosun

• Supervisor

@iGPU

this part :

4. Now type: /System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/BigSur -r ""   (<--- again, use your disk name; the final characters are 2 double-quote marks) You'll get a response such as "Attempting tagging of snapshot on volume: /Volumes/BigSur

produces not such file directory (I have used obviously my disk name)

however, I can delete with others steps my snapshot 

and then rebooting I can also execute sudo mount -uw

But also with this, Nvidia driver is not able to write on volume because it is read only

with Catalina and previous beta I didn't have this problem

I must also admit that probably when I previously managed to install the driver, very probably I was not from a clean installation like in this case

• Moderators
10 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@iGPU

this part :

4. Now type: /System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/BigSur -r ""   (<--- again, use your disk name; the final characters are 2 double-quote marks) You'll get a response such as "Attempting tagging of snapshot on volume: /Volumes/BigSur

produces not such file directory (I have used obviously my disk name)

however, I can delete with others steps my snapshot 

and then rebooting I can also execute sudo mount -uw

But also with this, Nvidia driver is not able to write on volume because it is read only

with Catalina and previous beta I didn't have this problem

I must also admit that probably when I previously managed to install the driver, very probably I was not from a clean installation like in this case

I ran these instructions on my clean install and had no problem removing the snapshot in Recovery. Once back in Big Sur ß7, I was then able to change files after executing the "sudo mount -uw /" command. I'm wondering if you had (have) more than one snapshot partition? Did you verify after deleting the first snapshot that none were remaining?

The only time I saw the an error something like "no such file or directory", when using the (/System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/BigSur -r "") command, was when I made a typo in the command or file name (esp if there were a space in the name), or, if there are no snapshots to tag. So if not first problem with extra snapshot, then I would guess a typo error.

EDIT:

The other thing to try is before going into Recovery, add boot-arg (it can later be removed for routine BS bootin): -no_compat_check and amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1

And once in Recovery, run:  nvram csr-active-config csr-active-config %7f%08%00%00

Edited by iGPU
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I don't know if this is the good thread to ask this, I try to make alive my Firewire card for my uad sound card . Tried many things, irq conflicts, and so on, inserted at Device properties, kext loaded, but still no success. This was a native working card in my previous builds.

Software writes Driver not installed correctly, it means that I did not allowed in in security and Privacy , but there was no option for that

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 13.05.32.png

• Supervisor

if you try from terminal 

sudo mount -uw /

it works or you have a permission errors?

Firewire driver add some kext in L/E or S/L/E?

any modify o SIP should be done in recovery mode
I use E7030000 for disable and all 0 for enable (in config.plist after enabling or disabling via recovery)

maybe it could be also useful for you disabling gatekeeper

sudo spctl --master-disable

7 hours ago, fojerhar said:

I don't know if this is the good thread to ask this, I try to make alive my Firewire card for my uad sound card . Tried many things, irq conflicts, and so on, inserted at Device properties, kext loaded, but still no success. This was a native working card in my previous builds.

I dont know about the Cheetah Xpress but a lot of bridged firewire cards have been problematic in Proxmox (maybe iGPU can comment about Bare metal) but my LSI643 card (single chip NOT bridged) works great and has done for years in other builds.

I guess you could look at enabling SIP (csrutil Enable) when installing it, and check to see if it supports the current OSX you are using. Use Recovery Mode to properly enable SIP.

Edited by Driftwood
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

That was quick (and I am not as quick as others noticed it too already 😉).

Tried to launch the update on bare metal - getting a popup "Full installer required". So it doesn't like something about my setup.

Downloading full 12.16GB now. If this KP's like beta 7, I am convinced Apple is spying on this forum 😂.

Edited by meina222
  • whahahah 3

6 minutes ago, meina222 said:

That was quick (and I am not as quick as others noticed it too already 😉).

But dare you try it yet to see if it breaks our new patches by algrey again? 🙂

EDIT

Just seen your update to previous post. 😞

Edited by Ploddles
  • Like 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches