fabiosun

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Unfortunately they still don't go to me, compared to the previous ones they go a little further in the verbose but then the system restarts I think after a message on the USB However it does not make a good reference here as I have other difficulties to deal with very likely using Nvidia

@meina222 the added patches have the min and max kernels set for use in Big Sur, so no problem adding all those posted by @Pavo 's link if opencore works properly, only the correct patches for the operating system in use are successfully loaded

I simply looked at the git commit and the diff. I took the 4 patches he added with comment on Big Sur on top of the "minimum set" of patches Pavo referred to a few days ago found by experimentation. Perhaps, for those with problems, it's wise to try the full set found in the patches.plist file in git. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, meina222 said:

I simply looked at the git commit and the diff. I took the 4 patches he added with comment on Big Sur on top of the "minimum set" of patches Pavo referred to a few days ago found by experimentation. Perhaps, for those with problems, it's wise to try the full set found in the patches.plist file in git. 

I used full set shown by Pavo, and then as noted above, disabled the last.

I saw some slight differences between the two lists: more to test tomorrow. I'd like to get the overall speed back to where it was.

EDIT:

Changes to old list:

cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0 (31C031DB 31C931D2 0FA24189 C6000000 00000000 74) was only Catalina, now Catalina and BS.

skip cpuid_cores_per_package test (833D0000 0000000F 00000000 008B00BC) was originally only Catalina, now enabled for Catalina and BS.

algrey - cpuid_set_generic_info - set microcode=186 was originally only for Catalina, now enabled for HS thru BS.

Edited by iGPU

• Supervisor

I have Nvidia, so I have additional problem (system unsupported with Mac Pro 7.1 smbios)

my statement before was to say

using all set of patches allow to boot all system if you use more than one..in every system only the right patches are loaded (ie in Big Sur , patches with max kernel lower than 20 are not loaded

now I am trying a different thing..but only to be clear very happy it is working for you 🙂

• Supervisor

1615277905_Schermata2020-09-19alle10_49_49PM.png.0baff6fd3ea38a6db32e57b575e981c0.png

I can boot with my efi, Pavo efi , Meina config (with imacpro Smbbios) with previous Big Sur beta (maybe this one is beta 5)

With latesti it simply reboots

I am trying to download again..but maybe I am between apple and Nvidia war 🙂 🙂

• Supervisor
1 hour ago, iGPU said:

I did change config slightly. When DisableLinkeditJettison was enabled, ß7 would not boot (as it would into ß6), so I disabled and added keepsysms to boot-arg:

372794264_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_16_54PM.png.e525c0bb9eea5addcd32a7f7a1add427.png

I miss this one...

have to test in this way

thank you

7 hours ago, iGPU said:

I did change config slightly. When DisableLinkeditJettison was enabled, ß7 would not boot (as it would into ß6), so I disabled and added keepsysms to boot-arg:

B7 is booting fine for me with DisableLinkeditJettison enabled and no boot-args.

1738201472_ScreenShot2020-09-20at9_20_57AM.png.17fd8d75eed212de45f0c802c22dfd81.png

Was finally able to permission CB15 - something tightened in b7 where the plugins had to be allowed 1 by 1. No significant regression - negligibly lower fps (142 vs 145) compared to beta 6.

image.png.3699f29e2ef3da004a2156d518621b51.png

I do notice one annoying thing that is not beta 7 specific but hasn't been fixed yet and I consider to be a bit unpolished and distracting. Small shading glitches on the transparency window effects and the rounding corners. Noticeable on say light appearance theme in the "System Report" window - if you start changing selection entries in the left pane, after a few clicks different areas of pane will show slightly different rectangular shades of grey that disappear as soon as you refocus the window. Can't screen grab it unfortunately as when you try to do that the glitch disappears due to focus change.

Edited by meina222
  • Like 1

Based on the names of the patches and min/max kernel versions, I ultimately decided to add a few more besides the top 4 from last night. After some extensive benchmarking, I can say I see no regression difference on any of the apps (CB15, CB20, GB). I have not tested Adobe or DaVinci or any other professional tools. Attaching latest config with a few more patches added (can't say if they make a difference, but they work fine). I'm not including the PAT one.

config.plist.zip

• Supervisor

also asked on AMD discord..

are you able to change SIP status from enable to disable as in previous beta we did easily?

and..I see a wifi icon I have not in my system a wifi..

it is a problem I have had with first or second beta...

2106317442_Schermata2020-09-20alle18_09_28.png.eb38b19f36d4bea1faab483c0d84c8c0.png

3 hours ago, meina222 said:

Small shading glitches on the transparency window effects and the rounding corners. Noticeable on say light appearance theme in the "System Report" window - if you start changing selection entries in the left pane, after a few clicks different areas of pane will show slightly different rectangular shades of grey that disappear as soon as you refocus the window. Can't screen grab it unfortunately as when you try to do that the glitch disappears due to focus change

https://9to5mac.com/2020/08/30/imac-2020-lines-screen-glitch/

The 5700XT has been proving problematic for Apple iMac users too.

Edited by Driftwood

• Supervisor

@iGPU

have you understood well snapshot stuff?

/dev/disk8 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +249.8 GB   disk8
                                 Physical Store disk5s2
   1:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS_B-M - Data⁩        3.9 GB     disk8s1
   2:                APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩                 431.1 MB   disk8s2
   3:                APFS Volume ⁨Recovery⁩                761.5 MB   disk8s3
   4:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS_B-M⁩               15.1 GB    disk8s4
   5:              APFS Snapshot ⁨com.apple.os.update-...⁩ 15.1 GB    disk8s4s1
   6:                APFS Volume ⁨VM⁩                      1.1 MB     disk8s6

this is my disk...

I cant enable well to run sudo mount -uw /

have you some advice, I see your post but it seems not work here (or better I am not able to do it 🙂 )

• Moderators
1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@iGPU

have you understood well snapshot stuff?

/dev/disk8 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +249.8 GB   disk8
                                 Physical Store disk5s2
   1:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS_B-M - Data⁩        3.9 GB     disk8s1
   2:                APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩                 431.1 MB   disk8s2
   3:                APFS Volume ⁨Recovery⁩                761.5 MB   disk8s3
   4:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS_B-M⁩               15.1 GB    disk8s4
   5:              APFS Snapshot ⁨com.apple.os.update-...⁩ 15.1 GB    disk8s4s1
   6:                APFS Volume ⁨VM⁩                      1.1 MB     disk8s6

this is my disk...

I cant enable well to run sudo mount -uw /

have you some advice, I see your post but it seems not work here (or better I am not able to do it 🙂 )

You can only run if you remove the Snapshot partition as I wrote about earlier in this thread here. It is possible to make a new Snapshot later, which I can write about. Today I removed the Snapshot in Recovery, did my adjustments and then made a new Snapshot in Recovery.

The other option is to carry out all removal and writing of kexts inside ß7 Recovery. See details in this post, and look inside first "Reveal hidden contents".

• Supervisor

other option is not applicable for Nvidia pkg driver installation

i have deleted snapshot with first method

now sudo mount -uw / works and Ido not have  permission denied error

but always this error

302204803_Schermata2020-09-20alle20_32_45.png.9fd53f02b7575e02c03f85f840fa4e9e.png

tomorrow I will see if others snapshot are there...

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches