fabiosun

Good I kept my 6900XT. Time to move it from my mini ITX back into the Threadripper but before that I need to catch up with all the MMIO BIOS changes and OC updates. Does anyone know if Big Sur 11.4 requires version of OC later than 6.3? I think that's when I stopped updating it.

@Ploddles - what version of OC are you using? Do you mind sharing your latest config plist so I can diff with mine as I have not touched the Hack in months due to selling my 5700XT. Time to try rebooting this project with the 6900XT.

1 minute ago, meina222 said:

@Ploddles - what version of OC are you using? Do you mind sharing your latest config plist so I can diff with mine as I have not touched the Hack in months due to selling my 5700XT. Time to try rebooting this project with the 6900XT.

OC 0.6.8 and you can download the EFI from HERE

• +1 1

Oh well, the developer account I used to use to download betas has expired. Looks like I'll have to wait for a public beta to drop somewhere before I can try it. Hope you guys have fun whilst I wait in anticipation. I need a full installer I can use to create  a USB install drive as I can't boot into macOS on my machine atm. I can't be bothered to install an old version, register it for the beta program and then do a software update.

@Ploddles - you won't be the only one waiting, mate. I can't afford to spend any time on this before the weekend - I am sure going from like 11.1 to 11.4 and from OC 6.3 to 6.8 on a different BIOS (due to resizeBAR) will take me longer than installing the new beta itself.

For those of you who have successfully updated to the 11.4 beta, did you have to run the installer/updater with another card and then install the 6800/6900 or could you update/install with the 6800/6900 already in the machine.

I managed to download the full installer on another machine and create a bootable installer USB drive.

I tried, just the once, to do an install with the 6900 in the PC and it hangs at about 30%. I'll have another play tomorrow night but I don't have an RX580 anymore as my old one stopped working so I need to install with the 6900XT already in the Hack.

36 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

For those of you who have successfully updated to the 11.4 beta, did you have to run the installer/updater with another card and then install the 6800/6900 or could you update/install with the 6800/6900 already in the machine.

I managed to download the full installer on another machine and create a bootable installer USB drive.

I tried, just the once, to do an install with the 6900 in the PC and it hangs at about 30%. I'll have another play tomorrow night but I don't have an RX580 anymore as my old one stopped working so I need to install with the 6900XT already in the Hack.

I installed it using my Vega 64 card and then I just swapped cards and it worked.

4 hours ago, fabiosun said:

please Davinci Resolve candle benchmark 🙂 🙂 🙂

I have installed Divinci Resolve were can I find the candle benchmark 

I had both Radeon VII in slot 1 and 6900XT in slot 3 installed, upgrade worked flawless (the issue I had was related to some error in a parallel upgrade to Opencore 0.6.8 I did) 

Then I swapped out the Radeon VII and put only 6900XT in slot 1. After initial apple logo I had no display out. (WEG enabled but no agdpmod=pikera boot arg.)

After adding agdpmod=pikera all worked well, also I completely disabled WEG and all seems to function as intended.

Overall 11.4 seems pretty stable so far.

• Like 1

This is what we like to see.

Borrowed an RX470 from a friend for a few hours and finally managed to get 11.4 beta 1 installed. With just the RX 6800/6900 XT the install always just hung at 12 minutes remaining and the keyboard and mouse would lock up. Happened on both a fresh install and an update from 11.2.1. Strange situation but all working now. I also updated the BIOS to F4q which required a new MMIO whitelist as a few values changed.

@Jaidy I'll send you the new EFI later in the week. All working great apart from Opencanopy, just the text list rather than the graphical interface showing ATM, probably an easy fix when I get time.

RX6900xt.png

RX6800xt.png

• +1 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches