fabiosun

Just now, Renato said:

Hi, I actually have the titanridge card.  I will delete it the reference to start with however, per the say:  Before running one has to learn how to walk 🙂

Ok, using, as starting point  Arrakis file, I deleted the  entries where he specifies his cards. (see picture). with this change however I do not see any change, effect is similar / worse. The first time, I deleted by mistake also the first line (I deleted all entries in Device Properties). DOing that, the system booted very fast, but once we get to the two minutes left mark of the installation of Catalina, the system reboots). With  the configuration below in the picture,  the system boots, but it does not get even to the recovery screen.

I guess I  do need to change the MMIO whitelist My bios version is 4I. At the moment in my system I have two video cards: one Vega64 and one GTX 3080. Moreover I have one USB-C card and the Thunderbolt card that comes with the motherboard Designare.

config.jpg

1 hour ago, Renato said:

Ok, using, as starting point  Arrakis file, I deleted the  entries where he specifies his cards. (see picture). with this change however I do not see any change, effect is similar / worse. The first time, I deleted by mistake also the first line (I deleted all entries in Device Properties). DOing that, the system booted very fast, but once we get to the two minutes left mark of the installation of Catalina, the system reboots). With  the configuration below in the picture,  the system boots, but it does not get even to the recovery screen.

I guess I  do need to change the MMIO whitelist My bios version is 4I. At the moment in my system I have two video cards: one Vega64 and one GTX 3080. Moreover I have one USB-C card and the Thunderbolt card that comes with the motherboard Designare.

config.jpg

I'd take the 3080 out of the system until you get macOS installed and running. You can add it back later and disable it either with an SSDT to disable the slot it is in or in the config with the new whatevergreen.kext which enables disabling a GPU.

• +1 1

guys, this is not related to any issue but instead about OC, im trying to enable the GUI to select by icons ETC make it pretty and followed dortanias guide step by step.. no matter what the GUI wont load.. only the lame small white text upper left corner..

any ideas?

Edit: answered my own question, in the dortanias guide it says to set PickerMode to options from Modern, Default, Old or Auto, I went with Modern and nothing, now changed to Auto and is working.

Edited by mSedek

• Supervisor

added in OP my new working EFI with Opencore 068 release debug version

Remember to use also new resources if you use opencanopy graphical interface (new resources are included in my 068 EFI)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

added in OP my new working EFI with Opencore 068 release debug version

Remember to use also new resources if you use opencanopy graphical interface (new resources are included in my 068 EFI)

Thanks @Gengik84for his support 🙂

hello, wanted to ask you if you want me to post my files as I have a 100% working system with a Gigabyte  TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) and a radeon 5700XT, the EFI configuration is perfect, just generate a new SMBIOS and will run full installation no issue and has opencanopy graphical interface.. everything running on OC 0.6.6

22 hours ago, fabiosun said:

you have to download ioregistry explore you can find also in our download area

then execute it in your pc and save the resulting file

then also a little description as me and others user did of their system

done 🙂

@mSedek

here

IoregistryExplorer - Support - MacOS86

there you go buddy.. hope it helps someone else

Edit: System description

Motherboard:

GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) Bios F.4o optimised values loaded (Uefi,IOMMU Off,4g off, CSM off, WOL off, XMP profile ON memory working at 3600 Mhz)

CPU:

3960X

Memory:

DDR4 64GB G.Skill 3600 Mhz 4x16GB

Working OSX:

Catalina

Slot 1

Radeon 5700XT

1 Samsung 970 pro NVME 1 Tb (Windows)

1 WD Green SSD 500 GB (Catalina)

1 WD Green  SSD 500 GB  (Ubuntu)

Edited by fabiosun
Removed EFI (added in OP)
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 1

• Supervisor

@all

To keep the thread as clean as possible, you can post your own working EFIs.

I'll take care of moving them to the initial post of this thread.

For those who want to contribute it is also useful to post an ioreg of their system with the specifications of the system itself

thanks

On 4/5/2021 at 6:59 AM, Arrakis said:

@mSedek

For the extinction problem, you have to edit the MMIO.

The addresses are in the debug file generated by OpenCore on the EFI partition.

Please note that each motherboard has different values. (do not copy my values.)

See Screen capture :

For the ram, two solutions.

1) The easiest is to change the SMBIOS, choose iMac Pro 1.1.

2) Consult the Dortonia post Installation guide : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html#mapping-our-memory

Capture d’écran 2021-04-05 à 06.53.28.png

Capture d’écran 2021-04-05 à 06.52.19.png

Hi, when you say Each mothrboard has its own MMIO,  do you mean each motherboard model or even within the same mode, every single one has its own MMIO?  on youtube and around the web, you find plenty of ryzentosh forums and it seems like the information they provide is valid for every motherboard (with some exceptions for the SSDT) out there. IS this MMIO problem specific to TRX40 motherboards?

• Supervisor

@Renato

we talk about this some time ago

MMIO is Motherboard and Bios version related and also related to hardware combination mounted on your system

It is good to try to boot with Opencore Debug release also if system hangs to read proper MMIo combination for your board

4G,CSM are value which if enabled or not could cause a difference in MMIO list

For trx40 is mandatory to have DevirtualizeMMIO quirk enabled

Then to solve some problems we have is a good practice to reassign (skip 1) all MMIO group  virtualized using Yes in DevirtualizeMMIO quirk we can have proper functionality in our system (reboot or shutdow ie)

Hello, 

so, I made it to install OSX on a baremetal TRX40 designare.  The next step, for me was to verify whether VMware fusion would work. There are a few threads that state that up to 11.10.6 it does (with a ryzen, I did not find information for threadrippers). However I cannot make it work, the installation always crashes. Has anybody here managed to install either parallels or Vmware fusion? If so, what is the trick?

Hello, So, I made it to  boot on a threadripper and TRX40, Vmware Fusion, indeed works, albeit one has to solve the problem of the "screen recording" setting. Now,  I tried to use the same usb  to see if it could boot under KVM (In my case unraid, but, in priciple, it should be the same under proxmox).  What I want to be able to acheive is  enable the CPU passthrough, which should mean the SSDT needs to be the same, just the  MMIO settings should be different. (this is me thinking without having tried all the possible combinations) if somebody knows better, pleae help. As I mentionned the solution I am after should allow me to enable the CPU Passthorugh  option in KVM.

37 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

893084141_Screenshot2021-04-09at10_59_32AM.png.a129256e10822b2c607b5a649d905c95.png

Apologies if it is off topic, I have seen in another thread (now closed) you stated it was not mandatory to setup, in proxmox the CPU as Penryn, but that you coud set it to host-passthrough "as we'll see later". I read the whole thread but I did not see you coming back to that point anymore. did you go over the topic somewhere else? I looked for host-passthrough on the forum but I did not find any reference.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches