fabiosun

On 12/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Rox67er said:

Maybe @Driftwood is willing to share his BIOS settings, he showed that sleep works but apparently it is not related to EFI but must be something in the BIOS settings.

One thing I failed to mention, I use an Editors Keys keyboard and perform sleep and shutdown via its power on/off key. Sleep works for me in BS and latest Cat.

For shutdown/restart try disabling the LED controller using usb mapping,

Edited by Driftwood

VRAm and the resizable BAR issues. Not much info regarding Mac hacks but MMIO will need analysing after setting it on with new BIOS.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/resizeable-bar-support-issues.435389/page-4

What is Resizable BAR?

https://hardwaresfera.com/en/articulos/resizable-bar/

AMD Radeon VII work?

Edited by Driftwood
  • Thanks 1

• Supervisor

11.2 Release Candidate is on

no Big navi2 support 😞

On 1/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, Driftwood said:

VRAm and the resizable BAR issues. Not much info regarding Mac hacks but MMIO will need analysing after setting it on with new BIOS.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/resizeable-bar-support-issues.435389/page-4

What is Resizable BAR?

https://hardwaresfera.com/en/articulos/resizable-bar/

AMD Radeon VII work?

OSX does not work if that feature is on on your BIOS for now!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Im having an issue downloading and installing 11.2  RC . I have access to  Apple Developer Program but it  tells me my Mac is up to date even after I enrolled in e the Apple Developer Seed Program . I was able to update my MacBook Pro to 11.2 RC just fine. Im  also trying to find a way to download the update using my MacBook into a usb and then run form the USB but  don't think there is a link . 

• Moderators
On 1/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, valmeida said:

Im having an issue downloading and installing 11.2  RC . I have access to  Apple Developer Program but it  tells me my Mac is up to date even after I enrolled in e the Apple Developer Seed Program . I was able to update my MacBook Pro to 11.2 RC just fine. Im  also trying to find a way to download the update using my MacBook into a usb and then run form the USB but  don't think there is a link . 

I've found that updates don't install properly unless car-active-config is set to 00000000 as shown below. After changing, you must re-boot, then re-try the OS update.

(I keep a set of alternative settings inactivated with a "#" symbol shown as the top of this section.)

NVRAM settings.png

• Like 1
  • +1 1

TRX40 Creator can enable resizable BAR with BIOS P1.74. Both RX6000 series and Radeon VII can turn on “Large memory range” normally. Linux and Windows currently work, Mac OSX currently doesn't support this feature but maybe in a future update/Opencore hack?!

6800XT & RADEON VII BAR test results in Windows:

616540023_BARCreatortrx40.thumb.jpg.0cc134183d2c0e0b9c57a748709f197a.jpg

277241656_BAR2Creatortrx40.thumb.jpg.caf10e068e4fad1c1a084ab5faf37bf3.jpg

I am awaiting info from Asrock support regarding how MMIO will be affected. In the meantime, Asrock said, "In the games we tested, it seem that resizable BAR had a less affect to performance".

Edited by Driftwood
  • +1 1

re: Resize BAR. Apparently if you switch off Above 4G, it works under OSX in Proxmox because Linux/KVM is supported. Though I am yet to test. Pavo tells me he has experienced a 10% performance increase.

Edited by Driftwood

Small update on my experience with the reduced OSX patches set.

- I used the reduced OSX patches for quite a while seemingly without problems but either due to recent update or certain apps I used and not used before I recently had system hangs where the system would just restart. (Kind of logout user and show the login screen again. I had this when using Affinity Photo / Affinity Designer apps.

- I went back to the full patch set and since then have not had issues anymore. (Also not when using the Affinity apps 😝)

Below my reduced patch list:

1903273373_Screenshot2021-01-27at19_19_35.thumb.png.e82ae04122c60452d58dae1de05983a2.png

Now use the latest from GitHub without the mttr_update and with the Big Sur Aquantia patch.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, iGPU said:

I've found that updates don't install properly unless car-active-config is set to 00000000 as shown below. After changing, you must re-boot, then re-try the OS update.

(I keep a set of alternative settings inactivated with a "#" symbol shown as the top of this section.)

NVRAM settings.png

It worked thanks.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches