fabiosun

Thank you for doing the tests in Resolve because it is my daily work tool.

To get an idea of the difference between Windows and Big Sur.

I did the test with my current Radeon Pro 9100 WX card

And I laughed hard because the card is used better under Big Sur than under Windows. 😂

I'm frankly even fed up.🤣🤣

I can't wait for Apple to incorporate the drivers to buy 2 RX 6900 XT.

1690180315_WINDOWS66BLUR.thumb.jpg.196d76999c65ac2f09e6dc7405f57eeb.jpg

230818255_RYZENTOSH66BLUR.thumb.jpg.f70cca543fff64b95a919b56695b8ce6.jpg1867156407_WINDOWS6MOTION.thumb.jpg.ceada9c9b2859a8f06c10f2b79852619.jpg1840798113_RYZENTOSH6MOTION.thumb.jpg.b5bce092a9b27c36d8cddbc45ca0c5bb.jpg

I am starting to wonder if there is any defect with the Radeon 6900XT I got related to the failure to play the file in DaVinci resolve project you shared. I installed Resolve on Fedora Linux to rule out some Windows VM driver issue, and I have the same problem. How do I troubleshoot this Resolve? When I relink or replace the file, I get a blank unplayable track.

Btw I installed Resolve 17 beta. Could that be the problem? Although the more likely explanation is user error / inexperience w Resolve.

Edited by meina222

More bad news - I tried to upgrade the desisgnare’s bios to f4k as now I no longer use thunderbolt in slot 4, so figured shouldn’t stay on the unofficial f4h. But I was getting some weird errors in Linux and that coincided with da Vinci going black on this project after it seemed to run once so rolled back. I’ve done this flash several times back and forth while debugging thunderbolt and pcie resource isssues without a glitch.

This time after the rollback, pc rebooted as usual and started cycling thru the codes and then got stuck on code B2 - no post, black screen. Did cmos button reset - same. Did power down then power up and hold power button to try load backup bios - same B2 code after some cycling. Swapped the 6900XT for an old 240GT t rule out GPU (slot 3 now to aid air flow), same issue.

Did I somehow brick my bios? Is full disassembly and qflash my only resort ?

Edited by meina222

@meina222

According to the listing error in the motherboard documentation:

B2: Legacy Option ROM initialization.

Try to flash the bios with the Q-FLASH Plus method.

This is the most reliable method to flash it bios.

The downside is that you have to dismantle everything, even the processor and leave only the 24 pins and the 2 CPU power supplies connected. (2 x 8 pins).

• Supervisor
3 hours ago, meina222 said:

I am starting to wonder if there is any defect with the Radeon 6900XT I got related to the failure to play the file in DaVinci resolve project you shared. I installed Resolve on Fedora Linux to rule out some Windows VM driver issue, and I have the same problem. How do I troubleshoot this Resolve? When I relink or replace the file, I get a blank unplayable track.

Btw I installed Resolve 17 beta. Could that be the problem? Although the more likely explanation is user error / inexperience w Resolve.

No it is not a Beta <problem, it seems a bad gpu driver problem

If your system restart in a good way you can only to try to open davinci (without clicking on davinci project, but click on app icon), then drag and drop inside it a video

instead..for your main problem now..have you rev 1.0 or 1.1 of designare Board?

if you are on 1.0 you are in good fellowship..I know also 4 users with problem of failure with their board..it is weird because in my opinion is the best trx40 motherboard I have seen..but maybe they have a fault in their project to do so fast a rev 1.1 board

• Like 1

• Supervisor

@Arrakis

OSX OpenGL is a previous version if compared with windows one

A hope is that in metal new board will work well has old GPU like Vega or Radeon VII

for now results are pretty bad in my opinion and I cannot think AMD did a top GPU only for raster games!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Arrakis

OSX OpenGL is a previous version if compared with windows one

A hope is that in metal new board will work well has old GPU like Vega or Radeon VII

for now results are pretty bad in my opinion and I cannot think AMD did a top GPU only for raster games!

@fabiosun

I suddenly have a doubt about the drivers for the AMD 6000 Series cards.

Because the next updates of Macs will be the Mac Book Pro 16 and the iMacs. They will be with boosted M1 see M2.

The Imac Pro is at the end of its life.

The only reason Apple would carry the AMD Series 6000 drivers would be a new GPU module for the 2019 Mac Pros.

I hope I am wrong….

• Supervisor

We (OSX users) have to hope for a new Radeon Pro for MacPro 2019 users..i do not think this is an impossible task

otherwise it will be the end of some tasks in OSX till apple will produce a great M1 GPU..i do not think it is possible till 3/4 years for now..only speculation from me 🙂

• Like 1

FYI besbuy has FE 3090 in stock right now

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-24gb-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphics-card-titanium-and-black/6429434.p?skuId=6429434

Pick up only - if you order in NYC, I can pick it up for you and ship it to a board member if you trust me (long shot I know, but thought I'd offer).

I managed to put 2 orders w pickup in NYC local store Jan 9.

Edited by meina222
  • Like 2

I still have problems. I didn't try waiting for long time yet. Weird thing is that the 1st time I ran it, I saw the video but didn't capture the frame rate. I still wonder what the issue is. May retry tonight by reinstalling resolve

• Like 1

@meina222  When I relink the media file it doesn't immediately show in the preview window(s). I seem to have to flick between the Edit and Colour work spaces, or whatever they are called in Resolve - the tabs at the bottom of app, a few times and eventually it appears. It does seem strange behaviour but it is the same in 16 & 17.

Maybe you could temporarily load Teamviewer, or something similar, and let @fabiosun remote control your machine. Just a suggestion but entirely up to both of you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, meina222 said:

I still have problems. I didn't try waiting for long time yet. Weird thing is that the 1st time I ran it, I saw the video but didn't capture the frame rate. I still wonder what the issue is. May retry tonight by reinstalling resolve

@meina222 

To wait for the images to be displayed in the viewer or the timeline in the grading studio, it is because of OpenCL, we have to wait. It can be long,

I have the same problem. (As soon as you're metal, there isn't this display problem.)

In fact, on Windows 10 is the same but the display time is much faster.

• Like 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches