fabiosun

• Moderators
13 hours ago, fabiosun said:

added in OP Opencore 071 EFI for my rig (for 11.4.x and 11.5.x) I am using by now Clover 5137 to boot in Monterey B1

It uses @iGPUreduced set of Kernel patches and some quirk adjustment for it (RebuildAppleMemoryMap and others)

1814636639_Screenshot2021-07-05at7_42_23PM.thumb.png.f6b6a22f20f2fa4a6993a38ea2757b29.png

I've downloaded and can boot without problem into Big Sur. :classic_smile:

I did change MmioWhitelist and PlatformInfo/Generic for my mobo. All other settings are the same. I later added SmallTree to get my I211 port active.

Only problem is that AMD-SMC kext won't work, so I cannot yet monitor temps. :classic_sad:  Kext is loading as shown when running "Kextstat | grep -v com.apple" in Terminal. I'll work on shortly.

I copied AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext from one of my backups into the kext folder, over-writing the one in your folder and now it works. Strange.

BTW, I'm also using HackCheck. It's really nice software. Hats off to gengik84!

Another finding is that I have no Airdrop with your EFI (no complaints, just describing for others :classic_unsure:); this is because there are no Broadcom kexts nor DevProp injections which help on my setup. Also, there is no SSDT to remove XHC/HS05 USB power from the Internal AX200 which then leads to interference with the Broadcom AIC.

Once I rebooted with a custom SSDT (7-SSDT-TRX40-USB-Rename-NoIntelBT.aml), provided in the previously posted EFI, Airdrop is working. This can be verified by using HackCheck: on the USB tab, you can see how there is no HS05 (part of the renamed, thru the SSDT, XHC device) because it was simply not declared in the SSDT. Easy.

In the same EFI posted above, there is also an alternative SSDT (8-SSDT-TRX40-USB-Rename-WithIntelBT) that does declare HS05 for those wanting to use the internal AX200. (Note that your mobo might require that the USB devices be changed a bit; if an IORE is posted, I can help adjust for you.)

No-HS05.thumb.png.aa7820e9ae5cf94f107b66d517658fc3.png

Temporary attachment EFI v070 for testing by fabiosun (of no interest to anyone else). 

Edited by fabiosun
Grazie iGpu downloaded and removed :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 1

Patch rework in process. Currently hardcoding some values. Awaiting a possible integration into OpenCore to inject values into the kernel to future proof the patch that breaks most often. Stay tuned.

Screenshot 2021-07-05 at 21.13.11.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 3

• Supervisor

@Shaneeethank for this news 😉

if you can, take a look here (for now only google translation here):

Maybe it is possible to speed up the process of searching for new patches as it is possible to use much less of them What do you think about it?

• Thanks 1

I have updated to OC 0.7.1 and added new patches for Monterey. I seem to need a few more patches than the rest of you to be able to install and boot Monterey, but I still need to try a few more combinations of the patches to minimise the extra ones I am using. I will post my EFI once I have narrowed it down a bit.

Nice to see that the Threadripper Processor is still being automatically identified in System Info, but Bluetooth isn't working as yet.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 17.04.48.png

Edited by Ploddles
  • +1 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ploddles said:

I have updated to OC 0.7.1 and added new patches for Monterey. I seem to need a few more patches than the rest of you to be able to install and boot Monterey, but I still need to try a few more combinations of the patches to minimise the extra ones I am using. I will post my EFI once I have narrowed it down a bit.

Nice to see that the Threadripper Processor is still being automatically identified in System Info, but Bluetooth isn't working as yet.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 17.04.48.png

I have WiFi/BT AIC working, including Airdrop (as I described here) in Monterey ß1.

See the Kernel/Add section in the EFI I uploaded for what needs to be on/off and for which macOS. If you are using an AIC for BT, you must inactivate the internal AX200 or you will have a conflict (I've commented on this several times in the past few posts; follow the links).

However, if you're using the internal AX200, a different scheme is needed and Airdrop is not presently supported.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

I have WiFi/BT AIC working, including Airdrop (as I described here) in Monterey ß1.

See the Kernel/Add section in the EFI I uploaded for what needs to be on/off and for which macOS. If you are using an AIC for BT, you must inactivate the internal AX200 or you will have a conflict (I've commented on this several times in the past few posts; follow the links).

However, if you're using the internal AX200, a different scheme is needed and Airdrop is not presently supported.

Prior to updating to OC 0.7.1 I was using the internal BT/Wifi card with V 1.1.2 of the OpenIntelWireless BT drivers (THESE). They worked fine with a BT headset - I wasn't bothered about AirDrop but it would be nice to have it working, just for completeness. I updated the drivers to the V 2.0.0 RC1 alpha drivers, together with BlueToolFixup for Monterey, but they don't work for me in Monterey or Big Sur. The config.plist file was set up with the correct kexts depending on which version of macOS was booted.

I'll try downgrading to V 1.1.3 and see how they work out for me.

I need 4 extra patches in order to boot either BS or Monterey. Neither will boot at all without 3 of them and without the fourth the system will randomly lock up or reboot - even when doing nothing. They are the last 4 in the plist attached, starting with ???? in the comments section.

@fabiosunif I use the quirks in your link above rather than my own then whilst it does load I can't see what I gain but I loose the full Processor Information as shown in my screenshot above. It goes from "3.7 Ghz AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Proce..." to "3.7 Ghz Unknown". This is being read from the BIOS but I can't remember which of the quirks etc I enabled to get it to read and show - it has not been entered manually anywhere. At some point I could change each one and see when it changes but that is for another time when I have plenty of time on my hand to play, it is not a priority for now.

patches.plist.zip

3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@Ploddlesare you using RestrictEvent.kext?

Yes I have that loaded. I started using it a little while back, I can't remember why, and just never disabled it again. Maybe that is what enabled the correct processor name to be displayed?

2 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

By the way

gain is you can use less kernel patches

With or without those quirks etc, my system will not boot without the extra patches as above.

6 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Yes it is that kext

but in different case is not stable for us

Thanks, I have such a bad memory - I blame old age 😀. It has made no difference to the stability of my machine - it is fully stable as long as I have that last patch enabled. I could try again disabling that kext and the last patch and see if it makes a difference.

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

1422261561_Screenshot2021-07-07at12_00_32PM.thumb.png.b9789614fec17e7a28900784b6075fcf.png

Patch 20 is not anymore on official AMD OSX patches Github list

and 14 one should be enough also for you.

Without patch 20 my system will load and run but randomly either completely locks up or reboots without warning, usually within 5 minutes but 10 minutes at the most. With it enabled it is stable and does not lock up or reboot. Very strange.

I will retest by disabling it and changing my quirks etc to the ones you mention above in [AMD] - Kernel Patches - Riduzione Patches utilizzate (Big Sur e Monterey Beta 1)

• Supervisor

Attached patches for 11.4,11.5b4 and 12 b1

One patch is needed to install and boot Monterey Beta 2 and for now it is not public.

thanks to Algrey for  patch 0 which allows to bypass many of previous and mandatory patches

patch 0 that algrey posted on Insanely Mac is made for my processor in this example

it is very easy to recreate it for other types of cpu:

PatchProvideCurrentCpuInfo set cpuid_cores_per_package

f:4489EAC1 EA1A

r:BA1F0000 0090

PAY ATTENTION

Value 1F means 31, 3970 x has 32 cores so as stated by @algrey on IM

32 -1=31=1F

IE for a 8 cores  CPU :

8-1=7=07

for 3950x or 5950x 16:

16-1=15=0F

and so on

Patch # 1 will be released when the editors of the patches will decide to make it public!

Thanks again @algrey for his usual availability and skill

in this plist latest two are for Aquantia Ethernet

UPDATE 17-07-2021:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

One patch is needed to install and boot Monterey Beta 2 and for now it is not public.

thanks to Algrey for  patch 0 which allows to bypass many of previous and mandatory patches

patch 0 that algrey posted on Insanely Mac is made for my processor in this example

PAY ATTENTION

32 -1=31=1F

IE for a 8 cores  CPU :

8-1=7=07

for 3950x or 5950x 16:

16-1=15=0F

and so on

Patch # 1 will be released when the editors of the patches will decide to make it public!

PAtches.plist.zip 1.68 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for this brief version in which I have disabled two Aquantia Ethernet and found that it can boot my Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs and showed correct 6 cores for FX-6300 hackintoshs at Monterey beta1 with OpenCore 0.7.1, but not working at beat 2 yet !

Edited by jsl2000
  • +1 1

• Supervisor

we are adults and vaccinated .. almost I think it is also useful to understand how to get results 🙂 Nobody has to try if they don't know what they're doing

🙂

patch 0 it is named now:

Force set cpuid_cores_per_package

Edited by fabiosun
Force set cpuid_cores_per_package

• Moderators
18 hours ago, fabiosun said:

PAY ATTENTION

32 -1=31=1F

IE for a 8 cores  CPU :

8-1=7=07

for 3950x or 5950x 16:

16-1=15=0F

and so on

PAtches.plist.zip 1.68 kB · 6 downloads

@fabiosun

We need to see how this formula will hold up for those using a 3990 CPU which has more cores than macOS software supports. It might not have a searchable result (64-1 --> 3F). This patch might have a limitation on CPUs with too many cores.

Use: 

r:BA3F0000 0090

and see what error code is created even if it does not boot.

• Supervisor

@iGPUgreat catch,,

I think should be good 1F like we do...we miss @meina222he could test this 

and maybe it could be very useful without lock cores on bios..if 1F works as I think

Edited by fabiosun
and maybe it could be very useful without lock cores on bios..if 1F works as I think

Anyone tested the new patches with Big Sur 11.5 Beta 5?

Not that I am expecting any changes now in the latest beta released today so they should be fine. This will probably be the last update, bar any further security updates, to Big Sur before we move on to Monterey.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches