fabiosun

• Supervisor
9 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Ive decided to ditch my USB map as each of my USB controllers are no bigger than 10 ports. Well under the 15 per controller. Tell me if Im wrong?! Everything works fine without!

@Driftwoodtake a look here

I like your "to ditch"

Last login: Thu Sep 23 08:50:19 on console
fabio@Mac-Pro ~ % kextstat | grep -v com.apple                     
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   19    1 0                  0x18000    0x18000    org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.3) 503675DF-E091-38F2-AE0C-5A1F93D84E15 <15 9 7 6 3>
   20    0 0                  0x10000    0x10000    org.slice.RadeonMonitor (1.3.5) E2EAA0B3-8A35-387B-A86C-6E75659CFD8F <19 16 9 6 3>
fabio@Mac-Pro ~ %

I am testing from a bit only this combination of kext in my system

System works perfectly internal alc1220a audio is fine and also hdmi/dp is perfect

I am using sensei app to monitor some GPU parameters and with these kext's combination I have exposed core temperature, memory utilisation and device utilisation:

2044225009_Screenshot2021-09-23at08_56_18.thumb.png.f3f0370fe85ca25fbdf0b0fbca09959c.png

• Like 3

On 9/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, Rocket88 said:

My sleep always works. For me, I had to set up my USB ports correctly.

Attached are my settings for Asrock TRX40 Creator. Your case settings will be slightly different than mine.

* Need Realtek audio port to be defined. Without this, your computer will attempt to sleep and then pop back on.

* On power up, no Realtek audio. Requires 1 sleep to work. Wish I could figure this out.

* My Logitech camera quits working after two sleeps. I have to unplug and replug to get it to work.

* LED Controller port MUST NOT be defined to keep from getting Code 99 problem.

SSDT-TRX40-USB-Port_R88.dsl.zip 2.36 kB · 10 downloads

@Rocket88 could you share your full EFI? I have been testing with your dsl file and also the port mapping tool but my ASRock behavior stays the same. Immediate wake after sleep. 😳🤯

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Rox67er said:

@Rocket88 could you share your full EFI? I have been testing with your dsl file and also the port mapping tool but my ASRock behavior stays the same. Immediate wake after sleep. 😳🤯

Port mapping is important when any given USB device has more than 15 ports. This seems to be an Intel, not an AMD, problem. I've made such comments scattered throughout this thread, and now Driftwood, in his above post, is echoing the same position. On the AMD platform, each USB device typically contains only 10 USB ports, not more than 15 (which would require port limiting/mapping).

Where USB port limiting can help, is when certain ports are interfering with another function. The example I referenced in the recent response to Driftwood, was about limiting the USB power to the internal AX200 Wifi device. The interference arose between a natively functioning PCI AIC for BT/Wifi and the internal AX200. Cancelling the AX200 requires one USB device be "un-defined" via an SSDT file to make it disappear.

I think that the PCI AIC BT/Wifi card is superior to the internal AX200 because it allows AirDrop to fully function. I have no sleep/wake issues. BTW, this PCI AIC BT/Wifi card requires no kext files under Monterey such as BlueToolFixup. The AX200 device requires special kext files, which to date, don't permit AirDrop to work.

On a related note about kext files, I can vouch for @fabiosun's 2 kext booting. It works!

However, our set-up differ: he chooses to not use the internal I211 ports but instead use an Aquantia AIC; meanwhile, I use the internal I211 port, so I need the SmallTree kext (and my mobo has an internal Aquantia port). Nor does his system use BT/Wifi as mine, so I need some extra SSDT files which he does not need. 

Again, as of Monterey ß2, the Fenvi-1200M PCI card requires no kext files, which reduces my previously required kext number by 4 files (as when this same AIC is used in Big Sur).

• +1 2

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

Port mapping is important when any given USB device has more than 15 ports. This seems to be an Intel, not an AMD, problem. I've made several comments about this issue scattered throughout this thread, and now Driftwood, in his above post, is echoing this same position. On the AMD platform, each USB device typically contains only 10 USB ports, not more than 15 (which would require port limiting/mapping).

Where USB port limiting can help, is when certain ports are interfering with another function. The example I referenced in the recent response to Driftwood, is the matter of limiting the USB power to the internal AX200 Wifi device. I do this because I'm using a natively functioning PCI AIC for BT/Wifi instead of the internal AX200. Cancelling the AX200 requires one USB device be "un-defined" via an SSDT file to make it disappear.

I think that the PCI AIC BT/Wifi card is superior to the internal AX200 because it allows AirDrop to fully function. I have no sleep/wake issues. BTW, this PCI AIC BT/Wifi card requires no kext files under Monterey such as BlueToolFixup. The AX200 device requires special kext files, which to date, don't permit AirDrop to work.

On a related note about kext files, I can vouch for @fabiosun's 2 kext booting. It works!

However, our set-up differ: he chooses to not use the internal I211 ports but instead use an Aquantia AIC; meanwhile, I use the internal I211 port, so I need the SmallTree kext (and my mobo has an internal Aquantia port). Nor does his system use BT/Wifi as mine, so I need some extra SSDT files which he does not need. 

Again, as of Monterey ß2, the Fenvi-1200M PCI card requires no kext files, which reduces my previously required kext number by 4 files (as when this same AIC is used in Big Sur).

Thanks for addition, I do agree that all my USB ports work without the port mapping but apparently rocket had the same issue with sleep as I still have. Now I did swap out the internal ax200 for an internal Broadcom. So I also have airdrop and all the stuff working without additional kext. (So also don’t disable usb power for that one)

I will sift through the EFI and see if sleep works with his settings and the try to slim down to my own config. 

• Supervisor

@Rox67erI would like to share my experience, maybe not related but I will expose it

My system has a perfect Sleep/wake cycle from HighSierra, exclude a release of Catalina I have not working here

now I use Big Sur and Monterey and the "cycle" is always perfect

I have bought a wireless kit (mouse and keyboard)

connected

Sleep

immediate wake

so USB receiver gives me this behaviour

I have changed USB port for receiver and now sleep/wake is working well as usual

So problems could happen for different reasons only on the same and identical system

In my opinion mapping is not useful for the reason exposed from @igpu above, but maybe could be useful to rule and declare USB's type and kind (never did this but maybe it could be helpful if osx reads bad kind and type)

• Thanks 1

@Rocket88 and @Rox67er / Asrock Creator users.
You're only going to get sleep/shutdown working with the S5 / BIOS settings. Please experiment with the following;-

This is how I have them

Turn on Onboard LED in S5 to =Disabled (in Onboard Devices Configuration screen)

and in ACPI Configuration: 

PCI Devices Power On = Disabled

USB Power Delivery in Soft Off State (S5) to =Enabled

Edited by Driftwood

• Moderators
6 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Rox67ert maybe could be useful to rule and declare USB's type and kind (never did this but maybe it could be helpful if osx reads bad kind and type)

Yes, the type and kind of ports are defined by either an SSDT or a kext file, and this can be very useful.

While I've used both, in my view, SSDT files are easier to edit and maintain (kext files require going into their contents and editing a relatively hidden parts within an info.plist file inside the kext's contents); furthermore, the SSDT file allows renaming at the same time.

The first Spoiler below shows an SSDT excerpt and annotates how a re-name and USB types can be assigned.

The 2nd Spoiler describes the steps used to locate and edit the Info.plist file for USB devices. This is only a cursory overview. Even if you have a program to create the list for you, you'll still need to know how to remove unwanted devices or re-add those previously removed.

SSDT:

Spoiler

If there were an HS03, by not defining it in the SSDT, it would disappear. If 0xFF (= 255 in a kext version) were used instead of 0x03 or 0x09, that port would then become a "hub", often used for internal USB devices.

1369605735_SSDTEx.thumb.jpg.7d23a2bd98aad343dc9d9da47ecf1b7c.jpg

Kext Format (much more confusing, no?; and you still cannot re-name a device as with the SSDT approach):

Spoiler

First, right click on USBPorts kext file to "Show Package Contents".

664905938_ScreenShot2021-09-23at1_18_31PM.thumb.png.77f6861b8a5848a6407a550ff751fd9d.png

Once package is open, find and select the "Info.plist" file and open this file in your editor of choice.

937409479_ScreenShot2021-09-23at1_17_55PM.thumb.png.0d0fb2e6f66c34d1170d4cf31062cd7e.png

Here the file is open in PListEditPro. You can see how confusing the editing of this file can be it you look at only the few comments that I've made on this image.

This is why I think SSDT files are not only easier to edit for those just learning about Hackintoshes, but are more likely to have fewer mistakes.

1728307295_ScreenShot2021-09-23at1_19_59PM.thumb.png.36ba1e55ffddd4bb806a1125e81c73c5.png

• Like 2

Here's a typical USBToolbox edited screen in an earlier test inside Windows.exe version.

Basically it shows your Controllers, Scans your ports, (you can use its guesses if u like) but best to plug in a USB3/2 or even USB C device into necessary ports, swap USB C plugs around to test speed throughput, switch off USB 2 Or USB3, isolate and unlink from a  'Companion' port, etc...

https://github.com/USBToolBox

Its really pretty good.

DSC_2905.thumb.JPG.700005c7ccaf3f227951719ac9c5a6b0.JPG

Edited by Driftwood
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, Driftwood said:

@Rocket88 and @Rox67er / Asrock Creator users.
You're only going to get sleep/shutdown working with the S5 / BIOS settings. Please experiment with the following;-

This is how I have them

Turn on Onboard LED in S5 to =Disabled (in Onboard Devices Configuration screen)

and in ACPI Configuration: 

PCI Devices Power On = Disabled

USB Power Delivery in Soft Off State (S5) to =Enabled

I have the same BIOS settings as you, with the exception that I am using version 1.70 because that is the latest official release. 1.73 beta gave me problems a few months ago when I tried it. I don't recall what the problem was though. If I recall, you have a version 1.74 that you somehow acquired.

I also tried USBToolBox and it worked great for setting the ports, but I still could not get sleep to work for me.

On a side note, I would like to thank all of you for your efforts. Without you guys, I would have an expensive machine that would only be good as a space heater (and running Windows). 😀

• Like 1
  • whahahah 2

BIOS Im using is 1.70 CSM disabled and Above 4G on. Plus, that .bin I sent you all in earlier thread.

Incidentally, Asrock Creator TRX40 users: here's the PCIEe layout. Note, Ive been told there is no sharing of PCIe M2 with SATA they are all independent.

2021-03-01_11h43_30b.thumb.jpg.e7f953cdd9256444586d52859c340ff8.jpg

1385215472_AsrockTRX40CreatorBackpanellayout.thumb.png.d61dc2634692c6635185669c917fa8c5.png

43162768_AsrockTRX40Motherboard.thumb.png.19e51a0bc2addf570e1d37aa8fa01cb2.png

Edited by Driftwood

Well thank you guys for not giving up on me! My ASRock went to sleep for the first time! And you all contributed. 🥳

1) I checked the BIOS settings and I already had the same setting as @Driftwood suggested.

2) I then copied over the ACPI from @Rocket88 EFI folder and update settings in config.plist still NO SLEEP !!!

3) I then removed ALL USB ports including apple keyboard / trackpad and SLEEP WORKS!!! Tip of @fabiosun

After some more testing an external USB3 Hub with my apple keyboard and trackpad, was causing it. Direct connection of keyboard / trackpad on the front USB AND USB3 HUB still connected and sleep still works. After moving the external USB3 HUB to one of the TOP REAR USB3 ports I can now plug in my keyboard and trackpad and sleep still works.

After switching back to my own EFI, immediate wake on sleep. So the issue was both in my config and the external USB3 Hub.

Now I need to narrow it down to what goes wrong. My assumption is the internal RGB led controller as although it is disabled in BIOS I think it still shows up in MacOS so I need to kill the power for that one and try if that works.

Edited by Rox67er
  • Ok 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Driftwood said:

BIOS Im using is 1.70 CSM disabled and Above 4G on. Plus, that .bin I sent you all in earlier thread.

Incidentally, Asrock Creator TRX40 users: here's the PCIEe layout. Note, Ive been told there is no sharing of PCIe M2 with SATA they are all independent.

2021-03-01_11h43_30b.thumb.jpg.e7f953cdd9256444586d52859c340ff8.jpg

Correct: PCIs are shared with SATA on Intel.

AMD, on the other hand, shares with .M2 slots with CPU lanes and PCI slots. This is true on X570 and TRX40 (it was maddening to sort this out soon after the X570s came out as AMD gave us no hints about this problem). This sharing is why adding more .M2 NMVe SSDs foul up PCI slots and vice-versa on AMD. I've previously discussed these issues on this thread, but the thread has become so large that they are as if from a bygone era. :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, iGPU said:

Correct: PCIs are shared with SATA on Intel.

AMD, on the other hand, shares with .M2 slots with CPU lanes and PCI slots. This is true on X570 and TRX40 (it was maddening to sort this out soon after the X570s came out as AMD gave us no hints about this problem). This sharing is why adding more .M2 NMVe SSDs foul up PCI slots and vice-versa on AMD. I've previously discussed these issues on this thread, but the thread has become so large that they are as if from a bygone era. :classic_sad:

I know what you mean @iGPU "Bygone era" made me laugh 🙂

• +1 1

9 minutes ago, iGPU said:

I updated the earlier post (here) that provides a cursory comparison of USB device naming by SSDT and a kext file.

(I use Spoilers to keep the graphics and posts shorter; easier to scroll through.)

I wonder if the json file USBToolbox produces could be read in in such a way to make it all even easier for device naming/type assigning in SSDT. I kind of like the visual aspect of USBToolbox...

Edited by Driftwood

@Rox67erand @Rocket88

Can you do an experiment. You're both using Broadcom like me (Apple wifi/BT native) yeah?

Keep my S5 settings (like u saw above ^) in BIOS

1. Still in BIOS, switch off BT (On/Off) to Disabled, Save BIOS, Reboot and  try Sleep / Shutdown.
Note what happens.

2. In BIOS, Switch back on BT (On/Off) = Auto, and Switch off the Intel Wifi &AX200 to Disabled. Save BIOS, reboot and again try Sleep / Shutdown - again note what happens.

3. Now in BIOS switch both BT (On/Off = Disabled and Intel Wifi &AX200 to Disabled), Save BIOS, reboot and again try Sleep/Shutdown - noting anything.

4. In BIOS, now Switch both on to Enabled and save, reboot and try again taking note.

Take note, and let me know what happens with Bluetooth and Wifi (ie test them on Desktop on & off for working) whilst the 4 above conditions are operative. ie are they still working. Remember to try both Shutdown & Sleep.

I am interested to see what happens with your current varying EFI setups whilst the above are selected.

Make sure you try each variable and when you instruct Sleep Mode, leave asleep for at least 5 minutes before waking.

Thank you.

Edited by Driftwood

17 hours ago, Driftwood said:

@Rox67erand @Rocket88

Can you do an experiment. You're both using Broadcom like me (Apple wifi/BT native) yeah?

Keep my S5 settings (like u saw above ^) in BIOS

I am using the Asrock (Intel AX200 WiFi and Bluetooth). 

I tried the following:

1.     Default BIOS settings with all USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth SSDTs and kexts disabled.

Result: No Sleep, but shutdown works just fine.

2.     Turned off Bluetooth and WiFi in the BIOS. All USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth SSDTs and kexts disabled.

Result: Once again, no Sleep, but shutdown works just fine.

In the past, I played around with turning off various USB controllers in the BIOS, and I could get sleep to work, but then I didn’t have any USB ports.

7 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

I am using the Asrock (Intel AX200 WiFi and Bluetooth). 

I tried the following:

1.     Default BIOS settings with all USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth SSDTs and kexts disabled.

Result: No Sleep, but shutdown works just fine.

2.     Turned off Bluetooth and WiFi in the BIOS. All USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth SSDTs and kexts disabled.

Result: Once again, no Sleep, but shutdown works just fine.

In the past, I played around with turning off various USB controllers in the BIOS, and I could get sleep to work, but then I didn’t have any USB ports.

Now try turning off XMP 1 Profiler an go default speed. 

Can you type pmset -g in terminal and tell us your readings? (then type pmset -g assertions) Check off any preventions.

Edited by Driftwood

On 9/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, Rox67er said:

Well thank you guys for not giving up on me! My ASRock went to sleep for the first time! And you all contributed. 🥳

1) I checked the BIOS settings and I already had the same setting as @Driftwood suggested.

2) I then copied over the ACPI from @Rocket88 EFI folder and update settings in config.plist still NO SLEEP !!!

3) I then removed ALL USB ports including apple keyboard / trackpad and SLEEP WORKS!!! Tip of @fabiosun

After some more testing an external USB3 Hub with my apple keyboard and trackpad, was causing it. Direct connection of keyboard / trackpad on the front USB AND USB3 HUB still connected and sleep still works. After moving the external USB3 HUB to one of the TOP REAR USB3 ports I can now plug in my keyboard and trackpad and sleep still works.

After switching back to my own EFI, immediate wake on sleep. So the issue was both in my config and the external USB3 Hub.

Now I need to narrow it down to what goes wrong. My assumption is the internal RGB led controller as although it is disabled in BIOS I think it still shows up in MacOS so I need to kill the power for that one and try if that works.

Can you confirm if you remove USB Audio (and remove ALC kext) and HD Audio off in BIOS, that USB Audio STILL appears in MAc OS on reboot?

108662327_ArrakisMontereybeta7.png.aa3b22d177a87488ec4278510f3a8c77.png

Good news for me

The Ethernet ports (Intel I210) of the Gigabyte Designare motherboard are working again under Monterey Beta7.😃😃😃

I am using the attached Kext I210.

I have updated Monterey beta 7 from installation Monterey Beta 6 with OpenCore 0.7.4 under SMBIOS iMac17.1 from download until the full update is complete.

i210.kext.zip

• Like 1
  • +1 2

On 9/21/2021 at 7:16 PM, gosi said:

Thanks Arrakis 🙂

1) whats the easiest way to remove it? I am used to running Hackintosh with Glover but I have about zero clue about the config.plist. So removing makes me a bit scared as I think I might damage something.

2) the card that came with the mobo is broken, it is not even detected by the BIOS. Replacement was hard to get but it should be there next week. Do I need another version of the SSDT if its Revision 2 or vice versa?

3) ah I can just string replace and should be happy?

4) I double checked the manual and was never able to see which slot is number 4. I guess to one closest to the CPU is 1 and downwards are 2,3,4?

5) yes good point 😄

@gosi

You can update to Big Sur 11.6. Intel I210 ethernet ports still work.

They will work under Monterey only from beta 7.

Slot 4 is the last one at the bottom (See Screen capture)

I can not answer for the SSDT in case of TitanRidge Rev2 card.

378778392_Capturedecran2021-09-26a17_53_08.thumb.png.8b91f220b57b01646f46c1622bae4110.png

@Rox67er @Rocket88 / Asrock TRX40 Creator Users. Sleep / Shutdown /Broadcom (Apple compatible) Bluetooth with WIFI

The Matisse USB Controller appears to be the most problematic with Sleep / BT / as there are a few unknown USB ports internalised which I didnt have time to work out. They just list as Unknown in USBToolBox.

Try this out and report back. Ensure you have fw 1.70. Load this BIN and check your Boot order (as you wont have my drives)

BIOS BIN File: Asrock TRX40 Creator BIOS FW 1.70 Settings by Driftwood for Sleep shutdown and Broadcom BT.zip

All USB Controllers are on, HD Audio and LED are Disabled in BIOS. I don't use or like Realtek USB audio as its too problematic (hate relying on kexts) and II have a firewire Audio / firewire card plus Declines and Monitor  If you change from the AX200 BT/Wifi card (which comes with the motherboard when you buy it) to the Broadcom (apple friendly m.2 card) you'll note you still have to set the Intel Wifi Enabled and BT On/Off set to Enabled) in BIOS.

BROADCOM BLUETOOTH

Bluetooth.thumb.png.c181167686fd4f7175f61d1437089969.png

USBs

USB.thumb.png.ceb22a0087dfaf32384dd1321df74b05.png

Networks

1598075988_NetworksWANworking.png.272a430d58bc119edaacee284843a788.png

USBToolbox Edits: (Place USBToolbox.kext and  UTBMap Kext inside kexts folder of EFI)

All controllers working but two ports are switched off (USB Audio and LED USB) in this UTBMap (USBToolBox map) and apart from enabling the Bluetooth BT/USB port on controller XHCI Controller0 the rest of the ports on this controller are currently switched off - you can put them on if you need these extra ports). I was only needing the BT on and didn't use those other ports. Plus, with the errors I was getting Im assuming some of these ports on this controller clash with USB when in use.  Please experiment with USB mapping if you need more ports. Along with USB devices, a  BT mouse or BT keyboard will wake the Computer from Sleep.

I have my USB Opencore boot disk on top port along with a USB hub with 10 ports on the adjacent socket. I think some of you have one of these (the one that iGPU once recommended).

I'm using 0.7.0.4 OC EFI and Config, please take a look and edit for your use (as usual make sure you change the UUIDs/serials to your Computer and if you've disabled Above 4G then check your MMIO.

Here's the Latest EFI and Kexts that I use. Ive left SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml in ACPI - use this if you like or. use yours! Still not sure if this effects anything on TRX40! Please remember to rename  'config Driftwood TRX40 Creator OC0.7.0.4.plist' to config.plist after entering your own serials and UUIDs into it and saving.

Driftwood Latest Asrock TRX40 Creator EFI: 

Driftwood 0.7.0.4 Opencore - shutdown-Sleep-Broadcom BT - No HD Audio EFI.zip

If you want BIOS screengrabs let me know - but the .bin file should load as a profile (check/change to your own memory profile and drive boot order). But give it a try. It works for me.

During the OC boot process (with Bluetiith / WIFI enabled) you may find it writes a few times for Bluetooth/Wifi  and stalls, however, stick with it, you can reboot a few times (soft reboot should be enough) until its happy... but be persistent, this EFI works!

Edited by Driftwood

• Supervisor
11 hours ago, Driftwood said:

I don't use or like Realtek USB audio as its too problematic

I cant say about other informations, on this i would like to say thato internal realtek audio works without any kext (ie applealc.kext i mean)

here is perfect.

The only problem we all have with internal audio is the same from proxmox route

It is not possible to have audio jack connected on rear connection (otherwise realtek USB audio is not visible at all)

By the way thank you for your detailed explanation to solve Sleep/wake problems on ASRock Creator

if it is possible i would like to insert a your EFI in OP like me and some users do from time.

If you agree i would need of an EFI and a your IOREG with System description

Thank You

On 5/1/2021 at 8:07 PM, iGPU said:

I've finally figured out how to correctly use the Memory section in OC. I decided to work on this since I've now changed to using MacPro7,1 instead of iMacPro1,1 due to the former apparently being a better match for going forward with AMD 6x00XT GPUs.

If you follow this guide carefully, you will not need the kext "RestrictEvents.kext" file, and you will no longer see a memory error. I've only tested in Big Sur, but it should work under Catalina as well.

Here's the guide (I've paralleled posted on another forum):

OC's "BANK" numbers were re-arranged to better match the memory upgrade instructions per Apples's docs. The Bank numbers in their order of appearance are slots: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. These correspond to the slot numbers on the memory board. In Apple's docs, the slots are arranged into Channels, A-F. Channel A are Banks/slots 7, 8; Channel B are 9,10; C are 11, 12; D are 5,6; E are 3,4; and F are 1,2 (see spoiler below).

Reveal hidden contents

649485046_ScreenShot2021-05-01at12_41_47PM.png.a218772797d07b78520bafc6295f8c4a.png

390925723_ScreenShot2021-05-01at12_41_55PM.png.275e7c62368c9010c709849e12db558a.png

1262709047_ScreenShot2021-05-01at12_42_08PM.thumb.png.3d35c32feb799f12e4f7e4f26c59e1d3.png

If properly arranged, below is what is seen with 8 DIMMs installed on my mobo. An actual MacPro7,1 has 12 slots, so our 8 DIMM slotted mobos will always have at least 4 banks empty. Now, should you only be using 4 memory sticks, then set to empty the following slots:  1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12. In other words, if you are using 4 DIMMs, only slots 4, 6, 7 and 9 will be populated (thanks djlild7hina!).

Note: this does not mean you physically move your DIMMs about on your mobo; this whole process is to map your DIMMs into software locations where the macOS is expecting them to be positioned. Keep your DIMMs physically where the mobo manual recommends.

2037280029_ScreenShot2021-05-01at11_17_15AM.thumb.png.77503f03033e3e6005333a967bb6e321.png

The code within OC is shown in excerpt below (the full code is downloadable as an attachment). Add it enbloc as the "Memory" section within the PlatformInfo section (also make sure to enable "CustomMemory"). The SNs are arbitrary (add your actual ones if you're more OCD than me). The part numbers are mine as used, made by Cosair; change these values as you wish. The AssetTag is also arbitrary but only entered if that memory slot is populated. Finally, change the Size and Speed values to better match your DIMM.

Reveal hidden contents

391177083_ScreenShot2021-05-01at11_32_49AM.thumb.png.73cb8a91a0bafa4bf1026716338a77b4.png

If SystemInformation is run, the following is seen:

Reveal hidden contents

1995963304_ScreenShot2021-05-01at12_18_02PM.thumb.png.e7f8e74e2c086bd0c4c9f83de96ba617.png

In the attachment, I included the 8 DIMMs as well as one for 4 DIMMs (4 DIMM verified and fixed by djlild7hina on another forum). Inactivate either one with "#" symbol or activate by removing "#" and editing heading label to "Memory":

1665326150_ScreenShot2021-05-01at12_23_18PM.thumb.png.ad67c4cbc0bbfaff0fbef93dc49f3211.png

OC-Memory-MacPro7,1.plist.zip 1.33 kB · 15 downloads

@iGPUIs this still working? As my edited version with my DIMM details still produces the memory module error notification despite the Memory Page in About this Mac/Memory looking fine.

I did notice Opencore 0.7.0.4 shows a slightly different running order than yours: And I quote SMBIOS memory devices are mapped to the following slots:  8,7,10,9,12,11,5,6,3,4,1,2. Yours said: The Bank numbers in their order of appearance are slots: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Also I noticed you left TypeDetail = 128, mine = 21 - but changing either seems to do nothing and still get the notification bug!

Does it matter?

Also how critical are BankLocator and DeviceLocator ? For example, you have BankLocator=ChannelA-DIMM0, &  I have a DMIDecode reading of ;-

BankLocator= P0 CHANNEL A, and DeviceLocator = DIMM0

Thanks iGPU 

6 hours ago, fabiosun said:

I cant say about other informations, on this i would like to say thato internal realtek audio works without any kext (ie applealc.kext i mean)

here is perfect.

The only problem we all have with internal audio is the same from proxmox route

It is not possible to have audio jack connected on rear connection (otherwise realtek USB audio is not visible at all)

By the way thank you for your detailed explanation to solve Sleep/wake problems on ASRock Creator

if it is possible i would like to insert a your EFI in OP like me and some users do from time.

If you agree i would need of an EFI and a your IOREG with System description

Thank You

Hi @fabiosun. Yeah sure. Just fine tuning a few other things...

Edited by Driftwood
  • Thanks 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches