fabiosun

• Supervisor

@gosiprobably you are using @ArrakisEFI

If you like put in your signature your exact hardware (from user profile you can do it)

You have to do also a job to know if your MMIO is identical to ones you use in EFI you downloaded here (probably no)

This fact could produce instability in your system

About bootarg:

Edit your config with plist editor and search this:

838350286_Screenshot2021-09-16at17_26_22.png.218b22c9d595b0f73d0816a121658970.png

probably yours is empty.

I advice to proceed before all your testing to built a proper MMIO whitelist

you can learn How to here :

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3307-trx40-bare-metal-vanilla-patches-yes-it-worksbutis-proxmox-better/?do=findComment&comment=85469

57 minutes ago, gosi said:

Thanks for your time 🙂

PS: What is broken in Monteray if one tries the beta right now?

If you use internale i21x ethernet It does not work in Monterey by now

• Like 1

ah thanks! MMIO whitelist is now on my todo list. Not sure I get why some were marked green and some red but I will do it!

Thanks for the help!

@Monteray: since WiFi is not working properly with my mainboard in Big Sur, I assume its broken in Monteray as well? So currently I used the wired Intel i21x yes, so if I upgrade to Monteray I would have to get another Network Card?

@gosi

You can try this EFI under OpenCore 0.7.2

For me, this is the best since I started.

I am using the WIFi AX200 from the motherboard without problems.

Under Monterey it also works.

Add the kext BlueToolFixup.kext

Change the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext version for Monterey

Remove the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

@fabiosun

You can put this EFI in OP

Edited by fabiosun
Added in OP (thank you)
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:23 PM, Rocket88 said:

I could not make Above 4G work, but CSM is disabled. Everything else is the normal BIOS default settings.

There are two things regarding above 4G

1) Check your MMIO settings. In my config file I listed all options for MMIO and named the relevant ones "above 4G"

2) I'm not 100% sure but I think with a recent OC / Big Sur version I had a conflict with Above 4G and WEG enabled. My 6900XT works fine without WEG so I disabled WEG altogether

No time yet to test sleep with your SSDT...

@Rocket88 Just tested and if I enable WEG I loose video output after 2nd boot stage (initial apple logo and boot progress is visible but after loading drivers no more display)

I also loaded up the SSDT but still immediate wake after sleep. What did you mean with this line:

Need Realtek audio port to be defined. Without this, your computer will attempt to sleep and then pop back on.

Defined in the SSDT or in OpenCore???

13 hours ago, Rox67er said:

@Rocket88 Just tested and if I enable WEG I loose video output after 2nd boot stage (initial apple logo and boot progress is visible but after loading drivers no more display)

I also loaded up the SSDT but still immediate wake after sleep. What did you mean with this line:

Need Realtek audio port to be defined. Without this, your computer will attempt to sleep and then pop back on.

Defined in the SSDT or in OpenCore???

*Defined using USB mapping kexts or ssdt Rocket88 means (ports either enabled or not)

i dont define realtek audio or use the ALC kext as Im firewire, i dont define LED controller either with USBToolkit  & myusbkext, I dont use ssdts at all. I have Above 4G enabled. Sleep works, even turns my firewire off.

If you have windows define your usb ports and types with usbtoolkit (download windows.exe/zip from usbtoolkit beta site) - its easier than mac version plus you get to see all the linked ports and types and then jut enable 15 ports from the total available it finds. Remember usb3 counts as 2 ports. Also it helps to show which way round you should insert your  usb-C cables should go to achieve maximum 10Gb/s  rather than superpeed! IfI get a chance Ill upload a video demoing sleep in BS11.5.2.

PS I dont use WEG.

Edited by Driftwood

• Supervisor

@Arrakis done! thank you

About USB mapping for trx40...have you read it in famigerate on line guide? 

If it is really useful for you I thank my God I have a MSI board 🙂

@Rox67erif you like to use WEG (to inject automatically some features without doing a SSDT for GPU) you can

You have to use a Boot arg for it to avoid black screen you have before login page

It is a normal beahviour

I do not use WEG and system is working well with 6900xt without WEG, Without Boot arg and also without SSDT for GPU...

I use the ssdt to stay in the common hackintosh rules 🙂

@gosiif you use @ArrakisEFI check first two kernel patches values

They are set for his CPU (BA18xxxxxx)

If you have a 3970x you have to change replace in patches 0 and 1 with BA20xxxxxx

Edited by fabiosun

On 6/28/2021 at 12:09 AM, iGPU said:

On booting with Clover, I decided to look at Memory slot issues before looking at the Patches since the Memory Error pop-up was annoying me. After several re-arrangements and re-boots, I came up with code that seems to almost work.

If the code in Spoiler below is copied and pasted into the Text section of Clover, it will produce the Memory window  shown below.

Hide contents

<key>Memory</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Channels</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>Modules</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>CMK64GX4M2D3600C18</string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000000</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000001</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000002</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000003</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>3</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>4</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string></string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>5</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string></string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000006</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>6</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000007</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>7</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000008</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>8</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>3600</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>AAA000000009</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>32768</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>9</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR4</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>10</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string></string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>11</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string></string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string></string>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>SlotCount</key>
			<integer>12</integer>
		</dict>

Go to Text pane below to paste all of code into area of Memory as shown below:

Clover-Text-Section.thumb.png.010ae9c2a4bfd7161192a5f3adff3597.png

MemoryUnderClover.thumb.png.0f553e95f692ed0eafef61f1f50a5a43.png

This is very similar to what is seen under OpenCore (shown below).

The above code at least shifts the DIMMs into the correct positions, mimicking what we see under OC. However, under Clover, there is a warning about single modules being too large. I think the problem is with Clover. When booting with Clover, Clover won't accept more than 16GB per DIMM (see the Size pop-up on the SMBIOS pane; it maxes out at 16384), unlike OpenCore. Clover then probably sends the wrong DIMM size data to macOS, leading macOS to generate the Memory error msg.

If I try to fool Clover by only entering 16GB instead of 32GB, the computer won't boot (I suppose it knows that 256GB are present, not 128GB).

I don't know who the developers are, but I think this should be fixable. If fixed, we could stop memory error flags.

[Now, if you have smaller DIMMs, then this may work for you. If you have fewer DIMMs and they're also smaller, you'll have to work out the pattern as I'm not pursuing further.]

MemoryUnderOC.thumb.png.2b8bbd5b95c729d38a3349c3ccd48bcf.png

On a related matter, despite entering a consistent SN and UUID, which can be verified in Clover logs and is properly saved in the Clover config.plist file, Clover in the SsInfo window (Spoiler below), keeps the correct SN, but changes the UUID and enters it own ROM. Weird.

Reveal hidden contents

Clover-changed-ROM-UUID.thumb.png.132ff9f6a25fcc19b70d31ce22a43bce.png

Like you I hate the memory checks but am not inclined to use a kext to switch off the annoying notification.

Would changing the RAM speed to  2933MHz help? What constitutes the memory check? The closest we can achieve is their top of the line machine with:- 28-core 1.5TB 2933MHz DDR4 ECC LR-DIMM or R-DIMM

?

Is this still the more 'Mac Friendly' way of doing it or do you all use Restrict Events? https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html#mapping-our-memory

I see using DMIDecode the Mac Pro 7,1 expects ALL memory slots to be filled so you have to incorporate some dud/fake populated slots.

Edited by Driftwood
dmidecode

SUCCESS!

SHUTDOWN / SLEEP with BIOS Control (All take note)  
*** NO ssdts Required ****
PLUS, MY USB MAP for ASrock TRX40 Creator Users

Plus, my EFI with the map inside

(Tested under Big Sur 11.5.2 and OC 0.71 built with Pavo's GenX)

So here's my EFI for Asrock TRX40 Creator motherboard users. This EFI shutsdown correctly (see BIOS settings) and has Sleep Power management. Other motherboard users should check their BIOS for matching settings.

Driftwood EFI:Driftwood EFI Big Sur.zip

My EFI has my own USBMap_D.kext requiring USBToolBox.kext. I DON'T like to use SSDTs as I dont require anything.

Getting Shutdown to work was fun. After I thought long and hard about it, it HAD to be something to do with BIOS and/or maybe turning off Bluetooth. But then it was the Power management sections which took closer scrutiny...

So see my screens below to check you have those settings enabled/disabled and matched to mine. Having turned the Bluetooth/on and off I dont think it was that. But Turn Onboard LED to S5 to =Disabled, and, USB Power Delivery in Soft Off State (S5) to =Enabled could be the reason why Shutdown works.

You absolutely DON'T NEED FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl OR _PTS to ZPTS Patch or any Clover style fix.

FOR ASROCK CREATOR USERS ONLY:

I've attached a BIOS .BIN file if any Asrock TRX40 Creator (with latest BIOS already installed) can load in as a profile (just copy it to a external USB disk and on BIOS Setup on the Memory Screen choose the Add the Profile from Disk and install my BIOS settings!

My BIOS Profile: driftwood_BIOS.BIN.zip

Here's the BIOS screens needed to get Shutdown working:-

300830085_ADVANCEDDEVICES.thumb.JPG.50fdf2759da3aafe08a477041672cc8a.JPG

1169520649_ADVANCEDACPIMENU.thumb.JPG.4901b17f8b227015dd54d54f01820559.JPG

A video will be placed here soon proving shutdown and sleep.

Edited by Driftwood
tidying up

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Driftwood said:

SUCCESS!

SHUTDOWN / SLEEP with BIOS Control (All take note)  
*** NO ssdts Required ****
PLUS, MY USB MAP for ASrock TRX40 Creator Users

Plus, my EFI with the map inside

(Tested under Big Sur 11.5.2 and OC 0.71 built with Pavo's GenX)

So here's my EFI for Asrock TRX40 Creator motherboard users. This EFI shutsdown correctly (see BIOS settings) and has Sleep Power management. Other motherboard users should check their BIOS for matching settings.

Driftwood EFI:Driftwood EFI Big Sur.zip

My EFI has my own USBMap_D.kext requiring USBToolBox.kext. I DON'T like to use SSDTs as I dont require anything.

Getting Shutdown to work was fun. After I thought long and hard about it, it HAD to be something to do with BIOS and/or maybe turning off Bluetooth. But then it was the Power management sections which took closer scrutiny...

So see my screens below to check you have those settings enabled/disabled and matched to mine. Having turned the Bluetooth/on and off I dont think it was that. But Turn Onboard LED to S5 to =Disabled, and, USB Power Delivery in Soft Off State (S5) to =Enabled could be the reason why Shutdown works.

You absolutely DON'T NEED FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl OR _PTS to ZPTS Patch or any Clover style fix.

FOR ASROCK CREATOR USERS ONLY:

I've attached a BIOS .BIN file if any Asrock TRX40 Creator (with latest BIOS already installed) can load in as a profile (just copy it to a external USB disk and on BIOS Setup on the Memory Screen choose the Add the Profile from Disk and install my BIOS settings!

My BIOS Profile: driftwood_BIOS.BIN.zip

Here's the BIOS screens needed to get Shutdown working:-

300830085_ADVANCEDDEVICES.thumb.JPG.50fdf2759da3aafe08a477041672cc8a.JPG

1169520649_ADVANCEDACPIMENU.thumb.JPG.4901b17f8b227015dd54d54f01820559.JPG

A video will be placed here soon proving shutdown and sleep.

This is good news for you. Congrats!

I looked over your files. I would add that many of us have used either USBPorts.kext or SSDT files to enable or disable USB ports; but you never want to use both together. If done correctly, they are equivalent. (I think the PTS to ZPTS patches were for Intel mobos.)

I believe that fabiosun and I have had sleep, shutdown and restart working for some time now. As you've observed, correctly functioning USB ports and BIOS settings are important, as is a correct MmioWhitelist structure.

Sometimes the BT problems are also related to a USB port since BT (not Wifi) is powered by USB. I discussed some of those BT-USB issues here and here (the latter, at bottom of post, where I describe how to remove a device from IORE using an SSDT; I'm don't think this is easily done using a kext file). Not related to your post, but since using Monterey > ß1, I've disabled all BT/Wifi kext files (including BlueToolFixup.kext); I'm using the Fenvi-1200M PCI card with the internal AX-200 inactivated as discussed in the above links.

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@Driftwoodi thought you had sleep and shutdown/reboot working well from months…

yes I remembered well 🙂

in my case I do not have/use Wi-Fi or BT in this rig

from highsierra to monterey beta 6 sleep reboot and shutdown work perfectly the latter thanks to mmio whitelist

i have had only a problem with sleep  from a new catalina version

never solved in that specific release and above (only Catalina)

i do not use any usb remapping method

i do not think is useful for me on amd rig

Edited by fabiosun
added YouTube link

3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

I cant say for entire EFI ...but for kernel patches section you can do better in these days! 🙂

new AMD Kernel patches

Sorry all, I left in all patches for anybody using my EFI just in case they needed some, also (anyone reading) paste in serials/MLBs... Actually this EFI boots and works fine with all OC patches untouched for those who wondered! 

5 hours ago, iGPU said:

This is good news for you. Congrats!

I looked over your files. I would add that many of us have used either USBPorts.kext or SSDT files to enable or disable USB ports; but you never want to use both together. If done correctly, they are equivalent. (I think the PTS to ZPTS patches were for Intel mobos.)

I believe that fabiosun and I have had sleep, shutdown and restart working for some time now. As you've observed, correctly functioning USB ports and BIOS settings are important, as is a correct MmioWhitelist structure.

Sometimes the BT problems are also related to a USB port since BT (not Wifi) is powered by USB. I discussed some of those BT-USB issues here and here (the latter, at bottom of post, where I describe how to remove a device from IORE using an SSDT; I'm don't think this is easily done using a kext file). Not related to your post, but since using Monterey > ß1, I've disabled all BT/Wifi kext files (including BlueToolFixup.kext); I'm using the Fenvi-1200M PCI card with the internal AX-200 inactivated as discussed in the above links.

Hi @iGPU: My point was, in BIOS you can leave BT on at Enabled/disabled, but if you remove the AX200 Intel wireless card and exchange for a Mac friendly Brdcom one like I think all us Asrock Creator users seem to have done you can disable the AX200 in PBS section of BIOS. Then with all the S5 settings in my graphics set, Shutdown will work again.

4 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Driftwoodi thought you had sleep and shutdown/reboot working well from months…

yes I remembered well 🙂

in my case I do not have/use Wi-Fi or BT in this rig

from highsierra to monterey beta 6 sleep reboot and shutdown work perfectly the latter thanks to mmio whitelist

i have had only a problem with sleep  from a new catalina version

never solved in that specific release and above (only Catalina)

i do not use any usb remapping method

i do not think is useful for me on amd rig

Re: Shutdown not working since update: I HAD everything working well (inc shutdown). until I recently updated to 11.5.2 Big Sur and updated my Catalina boot drive. Sleep worked with my USB settings kext but for some reason my Shutdown failed to. That was the point as other Asrock users had said their Shutdown didnt work under latest BS and Monterey.

Also, my hunch is that TRX40 need no fixes for shutdown. Just use BIOS. I also think it would work without the USB kexts in my EFI (but didnt try). The reason I used the USBfixtool kext was to discover what I would need on for Monterey which distinctly requires the 15 port rule... running it under Windows allows you to discover which linked ports and types.... thats why I prefer it over others.

Edited by Driftwood
hunch

8 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@Driftwood

I am saying they are old patches

New way now with a patch which helps to do not use many others

and many others not useful

follow AMD patches link and adjust first ones to your CPU

however happy you come back 😉

I have the minimal set on my EFI. 🙂 Just need to update OC now from .701 to .703

@fabiosun You mean the first three patches: enter 20 for 32 core patches? Yeah I know about those here. Ill update to 703 shortly...

Here's current EFI: Driftwood BS1152 Current EFI.zip   

The whole exercise above was for Asrock owners to demonstrate that Shutdown should work simply by following the S5 power options settings of mine in BIOS. Whether BT is used or not.

Edited by Driftwood

• Supervisor
On 9/18/2021 at 3:54 PM, Driftwood said:

The whole exercise above was for Asrock owners to demonstrate that Shutdown should work simply by following the S5 power options settings of mine in BIOS. Whether BT is used or not.

with or without MMIO whitelist do you mean?

Edit

ok these kernel patches are fine also for Monterey till beta 6 🙂

On 9/16/2021 at 9:15 PM, Arrakis said:

@gosi

You can try this EFI under OpenCore 0.7.2

For me, this is the best since I started.

I am using the WIFi AX200 from the motherboard without problems.

Thanks again! I really appreciate you all working through this so people with less knowledge (like me) can also run Threadripper with OS X. I updated / set my signature so my hardware setup is now documented.

I updated the EFI to your setup and I added the -v as boot parameter so I can see whats going on. I have a screenshot here, maybe somebody can confirm the kernel panic is because of the MMIO? Actually if the system boots up it runs for days, so I omly run into that issue when the computer was turned of or in Windows for a while. If it runs, it runs!

Also I had WPA3 activated in my WiFi setup, actually WPA2/WPA3 was selected, once I set it to "WPA2 only" the connection was established faster and works pretty well now. Thanks for pointing out!

IMG_7634.jpg

• Supervisor
8 minutes ago, gosi said:

Ah the ones from OC? Sure here I got a few 😄

OC Logs.zip 133.53 kB · 0 downloads

😀

Have you not modified MMIO list...

see here

these are yours exposed:

12:005 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xC2600000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
12:006 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xC3680000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
12:007 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xEF100000 (0x181 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:008 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFA180000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:009 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFA300000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:010 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEA00000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:010 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEC00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:011 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEC10000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:012 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:013 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED40000 (0x5 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:014 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED80000 (0x10 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:015 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEDC2000 (0xE pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:016 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEDD4000 (0x2 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:017 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE00000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:017 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFF000000 (0x1000 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
12:018 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x1040000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
12:019 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x3CE0000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
12:020 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x3D10000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
12:021 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x69C0000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0

you have to modify first two

I do not know if it is related to your sporadic KP but, it is good to solve this

If you like post your config.plist and be carefull

Some bios changing could produce different MMIO

• Supervisor

I am saying about bios setting because your mmio is changing

I will attach a config.plist

before booting delete all log and then post only the only one you will find in the same place

Config.plist.zip

this config is calculated (for MMIO part) referring to your last log

If you change things in bios it could also change again

posto debug log when you use this config

put back your data also 😉

@gosi

• Supervisor
6 minutes ago, gosi said:

So this would also need to change if BIOS gets updated or things like that?

56:469 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xC2600000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:470 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xC3680000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:471 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xEF100000 (0x181 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:472 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFA180000 (0x81 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:473 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFA300000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:474 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEA00000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:475 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEC00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:476 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEC10000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:477 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:478 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED40000 (0x5 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:479 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFED80000 (0x10 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:480 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEDC2000 (0xE pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:481 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEDD4000 (0x2 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:482 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE00000 (0x100 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:483 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFF000000 (0x1000 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 1
56:484 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x1040000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
56:485 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x3CE0000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
56:486 00:001 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x3D10000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
56:487 00:000 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x69C0000000 (0x10400 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0

Now your MMIOs  are fine

if you do not want to print in a file every boot your log you can change Debug/target value to 3 and you can also use a non debug Opencore version

To answer to your question

Yes, changing your bios values or updating it could change your MMIO values so you have to check as usually we do (a debug version of opencore)

For sure changing 4G bios option could change MMIO area so before building your optimal MMIO whitelist you have to set your bios properly according your needs

Edited by fabiosun

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches