fabiosun

• Moderators
On 8/12/2021 at 4:37 PM, valmeida said:

I'm trying to update my EFI so that in can boot to Big Sur and Install Monetay. Im getting this error when booting to BigSur.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 7.33.47 PM.png

EFI.zip 14.73 MB · 0 downloads

The error msgs are probably due to out of date kext files.

As for the EFI, there are many errors in your config file when trying to run ocvalidate, which could also contribute to the error msgs. I've fixed all errors and updated to OC v073.

I've updated whole EFI, including kexts. I removed several items and inactivated some; changed patches, used different SSDT files, and re-vamped the NVRAM section.

Also what exact BT/Wifi are you using? It's not clear what you're using; you had an odd mix of BT files which made no sense to me. I inactivated for now; you should not need BT/Wifi to boot (unless you only have BT mouse, but for trouble shooting, I only recommend wired mouse & KB). I've found that Monterey works with AIC without any kexts (but this depends on AIC, etc).

Attempt to boot as is without changing anything in EFI. If this boots (and it should work with either Big Sur or Monterey), post an IORE file and I can possibly customize the USB devices with an SSDT.

EFI-valmeida-update.zip

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iGPU said:

Many errors in your config file when trying to run ocvalidate. I've fixed all errors and updated to OC v073.

I've updated whole EFI, including kexts. I removed several items and inactivated some; changed patches, used different SSDT files, and re-vamped the NVRAM section.

Also what exact BT/Wifi are you using? It's not clear what you're using; you had an odd mix of BT files which made no sense to me. I inactivated for now; you should not need BT/Wifi to boot (unless you only have BT mouse, but for trouble shooting, I only recommend wired mouse & KB). I've found that Monterey works with AIC without any kexts (but this depends on AIC, etc).

Attempt to boot as is without changing anything in EFI. If this boots (and it should work with either Big Sur or Monterey), post an IORE file and I can possibly customize the USB devices with an SSDT.

EFI-valmeida-update.zip 15.38 MB · 6 downloads

I tried it and  this is what I get when booting to Big Sur 

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.29.16 AM.png

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, valmeida said:

I tried it and  this is what I get when booting to Big Sur 

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.29.16 AM.png

Are you booting from Sabrent drive or Samsung? Best to use Sabrent. Also disable NVMeFix kext for a test.

I also did not check your Mmiowhite list, keeping it the same as we have different mobos. Double check it.

10 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@valmeida

add this in tour SSDT folder and declare it in your config.plist

SSDT-EC.aml.zip 649 B · 2 downloads

to try remove similar one if you have it

I was able to boot with Big Sure but no Ethernet from the 1 gig or 10 gig Aquatina . I also tried Monterey was able to install it but I get a black screen  one it finishes booting up.

10 hours ago, iGPU said:

Are you booting from Sabrent drive or Samsung? Best to use Sabrent. Also disable NVMeFix kext for a test.

I also did not check your Mmiowhite list, keeping it the same as we have different mobos. Double check it.

I copied my Mmiowhite list

10 hours ago, iGPU said:

• Moderators
2 hours ago, valmeida said:

I was able to boot with Big Sure but no Ethernet from the 1 gig or 10 gig Aquatina . I also tried Monterey was able to install it but I get a black screen  one it finishes booting up.

I did not know you had Aquantia (I checked and you did not have them in the config file you uploaded, so I left out). You need to add the following to Patches:

Spoiler

<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>Any</string>
				<key>Base</key>
				<string>__ZN27AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion5startEP9IOService</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Aquantia Big Sur</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				D4TAAgAA
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>20.99.99</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>19.00.00</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				Zg8fRAAA
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>Any</string>
				<key>Base</key>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Aquantia Monterey</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QcdFAAAAAADp
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>21.99.99</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>21.0.0</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				QcdFAAEAAADp
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

As for black screen, enable WEG and add agdpmod=pikera  to boot argument in "csr-active-config".

• +1 1

7 hours ago, iGPU said:

I did not know you had Aquantia (I checked and you did not have them in the config file you uploaded, so I left out). You need to add the following to Patches:

Reveal hidden contents

<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>Any</string>
				<key>Base</key>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Aquantia Big Sur</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				D4TAAgAA
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>20.99.99</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>19.00.00</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				Zg8fRAAA
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>Any</string>
				<key>Base</key>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Aquantia Monterey</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QcdFAAAAAADp
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>21.99.99</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>21.0.0</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				QcdFAAEAAADp
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

As for black screen, enable WEG and add agdpmod=pikera  to boot argument in "csr-active-config".

I have my ethernet working added agdpmod=pikera to my boot augments. We are up and running on Big Sur but it reboots on Monteray  never get to login screen .  I have -v in boot arguments but it does not hang in the screen were I can show error. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, valmeida said:

I  looked at IGPU threads and recommendations and still can not boot  Ito Monteray. I can boot into Big Sur fine and everything is working. Have attached my current EFI and IORE Any help would be greatly appreciated . 

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip 226.14 kB · 1 download EFI.zip 15.3 MB · 2 downloads

Carefully read what I write. I'm usually concise and reasonably accurate. There are 2 sections I cannot check: MmioWhitelist and your ethernet kext. If ethernet is working then the kext is probably fine. If you can boot into Big Sur, the MmioWhiltelist is probably fine too.

First off, the IORE you uploaded is an app, not your IORE file. Run IORE and do a "save as" and upload that file.

Second, you extensively changed the config.plist file I spent more than an hour fixing last time. I again spent over an hour today re-re-fixing your config file.

Do NOT change anything in this config file until fabiosun or I have gotten feedback from you. If you continue to fiddle with the config file (with apparently no understanding), you waste all of our time. For example, you'd completely replaced the Kernel/Patch section, so I had to carefully re-check each entry as the order was different and I had no idea what you'd done.

I've re-done the SSDT section and supplied new files. Nothing there, as is, will prevent booting. Do not change it. We can refine later (with WEG active, no GPU SSDT is required).

I've also removed your fancy log-in icons. It is back to basics. Leave this stuff alone while we are trouble shooting. After everything is booting properly, you're on your own with icons and change to your heart's content. But not before.

Some of the problems:

After fixing most of problems, I ran the ocvalidate and still had 40 errors that you'd introduced:

435172383_ScreenShot2021-08-15at5_10_52PM.thumb.png.a821ae386bd0aecfca43fa5f4ede8003.png

And the tool section was not what I uploaded to you (this section alone gave 40 errors). Don't change this section; you'll never use it.

792365007_ScreenShot2021-08-15at5_08_55PM.thumb.png.f0bef50d296026d7159b1112e8575e7e.png

The most unbelievable change you'd made was in the DevProp section as partially shown in Spoiler below (my monitor is not large enough to show it all in one shot). I'm surprised anything booted. It's now done to 1 (one).

Spoiler

1872267005_ScreenShot2021-08-15at4_43_46PM.thumb.png.d62604aa54a80babbcc0b885a8c1bea1.png

EFI-valmeida-2.zip

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

Carefully read what I write. I'm usually concise and reasonably accurate. There are 2 sections I cannot check: MmioWhitelist and your ethernet kext. If ethernet is working then the kext is probably fine. If you can boot into Big Sur, the MmioWhiltelist is probably fine too.

First off, the IORE you uploaded is an app, not your IORE file. Run IORE and do a "save as" and upload that file.

Second, you extensively changed the config.plist file I spent more than an hour fixing last time. I again spent over an hour today re-re-fixing your config file.

Do NOT change anything in this config file until fabiosun or I have gotten feedback from you. If you continue to fiddle with the config file (with apparently no understanding), you waste all of our time. For example, you'd completely replaced the Kernel/Patch section, so I had to carefully re-check each entry as the order was different and I had no idea what you'd done.

I've re-done the SSDT section and supplied new files. Nothing there, as is, will prevent booting. Do not change it. We can refine later (with WEG active, no GPU SSDT is required).

I've also removed your fancy log-in icons. It is back to basics. Leave this stuff alone while we are trouble shooting. After everything is booting properly, you're on your own with icons and change to your heart's content. But not before.

Some of the problems:

After fixing most of problems, I ran the ocvalidate and still had 40 errors that you'd introduced:

435172383_ScreenShot2021-08-15at5_10_52PM.thumb.png.a821ae386bd0aecfca43fa5f4ede8003.png

And the tool section was not what I uploaded to you (this section alone gave 40 errors). Don't change this section; you'll never use it.

792365007_ScreenShot2021-08-15at5_08_55PM.thumb.png.f0bef50d296026d7159b1112e8575e7e.png

The most unbelievable change you'd made was in the DevProp section as partially shown in Spoiler below (my monitor is not large enough to show it all in one shot). I'm surprised anything booted. It's now done to 1 (one).

Reveal hidden contents

1872267005_ScreenShot2021-08-15at4_43_46PM.thumb.png.d62604aa54a80babbcc0b885a8c1bea1.png

EFI-valmeida-2.zip 6.32 MB · 1 download

I really do and appreciate all your help and support. 

I did have a back up  the config I was  just trying out different things . I will  follow your istratuctions  based on the EFI you sent me  I can not boot with Big Sur or Monterey I this is  the error I get.  I ran IOREG from terminal and saved it and is attached. 

Monteray.png

BIGSUR.png

Terminal Saved Output.zip

• Moderators
2 hours ago, valmeida said:

I really do and appreciate all your help and support. 

I did have a back up  the config I was  just trying out different things . I will  follow your istratuctions  based on the EFI you sent me  I can not boot with Big Sur or Monterey I this is  the error I get.  I ran IOREG from terminal and saved it and is attached. 

Monteray.png

BIGSUR.png

Terminal Saved Output.zip 9.5 kB · 1 download

Terminal?

No, IORE:

IORE.thumb.png.5ab9928179f3b397fcb259ade5c5efdd.png

Maybe you have a corrupted BIOS. I would re-flash latest version and then go over settings with fabiosun.

But before flashing the BIOS, try re-setting NVRAM from the OC boot menu (press space bar when menu is up and scroll to left). You have your menu set for 10 sec (I don't use timed log in; but I left your settings), so you need to press a key before it auto boots after 10 sec.

(With all respect to fabiosun, I don't think a lack of an SSDT-EC file is the cause of boot failure. In fact, a re-naming of an EC device can lead to system instability.)

• Supervisor

@iGPU

His system is not booting (If I have understood well he saved Ioreg output from a recovery terminal window)

SSDT-EC.aml often solves error he shows in his pictures

Edited by fabiosun
(If I have understood well he saved Ioreg output from a recovery terminal window)
  • Ok 1

13 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@iGPU

His system is not booting (If I have understood well he saved Ioreg output from a recovery terminal window)

SSDT-EC.aml often solves error he shows in his picturesIGPU EFI-valmeida-2.zip

I Have attached the 2 clean EFI that IGPU sent me . The one IGPU sent me on Thursday "IGPU EFI-valmeida-update"  to make it work all id did was to add the SSDT -EC.aml  from Fabionsun and add the Aquitaine patches. It boots fine with Big Sur no Monteray . The second one I received last nite "IGPU EFI-valmeida-2" I get the error message attached when booting into Big Sur .  I did noticed that the SSDT-EC.aml was all ready in the ACPI. I added fabioson version to see if this will work and I received the same error.  I have attached my ioreg by using IORegistryExplorer.  Thank you for all your help and support.  I also reset the nvram and update my bios.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.42.28 AM.png

Working IGPU EFI-valmeida-update.zip IORE Mac Pro.zip

Here are screen shots of my BIOS (in Spoiler):

Spoiler

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IGPU EFI-valmeida-2.zip

Edited by iGPU
iGPU: consolidate BIOS images into a Spoiler for easier reading

44 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@valmeida,

you have two ssdt disabled in this EFI so if you use this config and it start in BS and not in MR is weird 🙂

Also SSDT disabled are ssdt-EC and 3-SSDT-6900xt.aml

have you tried with those ones ON?

I now able to boot  Big Sur  from IGPU EFI he sent me last nite by enabling   ssdt-EC and 3-SSDT-6900xt.aml. I will try to boot Monteray and will let you know . 

EFI.zip

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches