fabiosun

• Supervisor

After the countless tests done in this period, which still continue, I got to enjoy a little beta 3 with the programs I use

Adobe suite works perfectly with the apps I use (Photoshop, After Effects, Media encoder and Premiere Pro)

Blackmagic Davinci Resolve also seems to have no obvious problems

Another positive note is also that the sleep / wake continues to work perfectly

well!

• Like 2
  • +1 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Ciao Carlo

above 4g

i can use also off on 4g

try by now 🙂

I agree that Monterey is running smoothly with the best sleep/wake cycle that I've yet seen on the TRX40. 😃

What I want to ask you is how you get CB15 to run.

I've only gotten errors on Big Sur and Monterey. I've tried all sorts of permission approvals and I only see a series of these (spoiler) for each dylib element.

Spoiler

2129608581_ScreenShot2021-07-19at7_52_45AM.png.17fac532cf351705144999bd6c4c1091.png

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

1775529786_Screenshot2021-07-19at4_58_51PM.png.94c55097557f636ccc97f62ecf8c85bb.png

I did in this way (sip disabled)

otherwise I have this:

1535117004_Screenshot2021-07-19at4_59_40PM.png.4dfbd8cb1db1ee4411dc1dcd87ad8f17.png

Yes, I did that, but the key is that I did not disable SIP. (I must go to work, so later I try.)

Thanks!

I managed to install the Monterey B1 version from an EFI OpenCore 0.7.1.

664717567_Capturedecran2021-07-19a00_16_59.png.715b5230bbe6ed7f5f6d59f206524271.png

Then I tried to boot with Shanne's PR EFI OpenCore 0.7.2 without success.

Even try all eGPU suggestions once again. Here

I spent my day trying multiple studies of combinations to no avail. I am stopping there for the moment.

I'm not even talking about attempts to upgrade Monterey B3 which each time breaks the installation of beta B1 and back to square one.😒

• Sad 1
  • Cross Finger 1

• Moderators

For those who might be interested in creating patches (or at least, making a relatively simple one like for the Aquantia port), I made a post on another thread on this forum on my attempts at learning the basics of patch making.

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Arrakis said:

I managed to install the Monterey B1 version from an EFI OpenCore 0.7.1.

664717567_Capturedecran2021-07-19a00_16_59.png.715b5230bbe6ed7f5f6d59f206524271.png

Then I tried to boot with Shanne's PR EFI OpenCore 0.7.2 without success.

Even try all eGPU suggestions once again. Here

I spent my day trying multiple studies of combinations to no avail. I am stopping there for the moment.

I'm not even talking about attempts to upgrade Monterey B3 which each time breaks the installation of beta B1 and back to square one.😒

3 comments.

1. Remove the TB AIC during all testing.
  2. Since not using Shaneee's EFI with internalized Patch  0, did you adjust Patch 0 for your CPU core count, as fabiosun described here?
  3. Some Patch 0 variations use core-1, the above link, no "-1"; try both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Have we got an upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey b3 working yet without having to do fresh. Hope you all well, been busy filming!

I upgraded one drive with Big Sur 11.4 to M-ß3 and the Monterey OS was corrupted (e.g., no ethernet functionality; and who knows what else wasn't working. I had to do a fresh install and then all was working as expected. This is the recommended way even on the Intel side.

After the fresh install, you can do a data migration.

• Supervisor

@Driftwood

i can’t be an example because in this task I did many experimental test with also unreleased patches or Efi, also with clover bootloader.

now I am also using an unreleased count core patch included in a opencore debug release(I can’t see the difference in hex because it is yet compiled).

all this to say that in my case I have had zero problems to update from 11.4.11.5 12b1 or greater

i am using a simple configuration as usual and only aquantia Ethernet and a pciex4 adapter for my third NVME drive.

Motherboard nvme are fulfilled like 7sata ports with mechanical disks

Listening on the net some people have different problems to update overall on beta 3

i can’t say it because I hadn’t this problem at all.

by the way

happy filming👍

Slightly off the mainstream topic (12.x booting), I have some random crashes I'm trying to figure out. The system works well, but sometimes, though seemingly randomly, I get a reboot.

I attached a screen. It seems to be CPU related, if I look at the listed kexts. But what could cause the random reboots? No over/underclock settings, CPU is at stock in BIOS.

782505678_LWScreenShot2021-07-21at10_56_53.thumb.png.58a9b179676bfdde3dc87c2ec339ddc7.png

Cheers!

PS: Good luck with 12x Monty, all the power to you 🙂

• Supervisor

ciao @Allubzit seems (it is a my only opinion not confirmed by facts) that many users with 3960x have some problem, do you use Dummypowermanagement quirk?

maybe that problem I see also in @Arrakisrig could be topology related...

I will stay with regular Opencore and use old way to patch core count

Cheers @fabiosun, always happy to see you 🙂

dummypowermanagement is Enabled

I'm using 0.7.0, not the newest 0.7.2, as well.

It's been a while, but I don't remember the Proxmox installation with ASRock TRX40 Creator /w 3960X having this problem. I don't have access to this system anymore, though.

PS: I'm on the  0.7.0 EFI @Arrakis and I improved (mostly his / this board's work, I'm sure)

Edited by Allubz

• Supervisor

sorry, I see now you are in Big Sur OS and so it could be unrelated your CPU panic .

For many problems are with new patches for Monterey, overall for beta 2 an 3..

I am lucky, with my MSI and 3970x I have had no panic if I do not experiment too much

Proxmox way is different story and there many AMD cpu instruction are bypassed by virtualisation 

On 7/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, Allubz said:

Slightly off the mainstream topic (12.x booting), I have some random crashes I'm trying to figure out. The system works well, but sometimes, though seemingly randomly, I get a reboot.

I attached a screen. It seems to be CPU related, if I look at the listed kexts. But what could cause the random reboots? No over/underclock settings, CPU is at stock in BIOS.

782505678_LWScreenShot2021-07-21at10_56_53.thumb.png.58a9b179676bfdde3dc87c2ec339ddc7.png

Cheers!

@AllubzHere is my EFI OpenCore 0.7.1 and with the CPU topology patch that Fabiosun talks about

Try it with this version of OpenCore to see if the problem persists.

@fabiosun You can put it in OP if you want.

Edit

This is the right one.

OpenCore 0.7.1 for Big Sur 11.4 & 11.5

EFI ARRAKIS OPENCORE0.7.1.zip

Edited by Arrakis
In French, we say: I got my brushes tangled, it's not the right EFI, I deleted

• Supervisor

@Arrakisfrom this EFi and its related config.plist you can disable patch n.6:

algrey - cpuid_set_generic_info - disable check to allow leaf7

then I see also this enabled:

ProvideCurrentCpuInfo

if you enable this you can disable:

13 and 14:

algrey - tsc_init - remove Penryn check to execute default case

algrey - tsc_init - grab DID and VID from MSR

with ProvideCurrentCpuInfo is also included this patch as you know:

algrey - cpu_topology_sort -disable _x86_validate_topology

I still haven't been able to figure out who wins if the quirk and patch topology are activated at the same time

I asked for clarifications but at the moment I have not received them 😉

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Allubz said:

Cheers!

Unrelated to patches and EFIs, reboots on Hakintoshes (both AMD and Intel) can be due to USB problems.

To trouble-shoot, try removing all un-necessary USB devices, including a TB AIC if you're using one. (I've posted on this thread how the TB AIC alone caused reboots.)

• +1 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches