fabiosun

• Moderators
7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Hello everybody
in the attachment I add another variable for you that could cause more confusion .. (ehehehe joking)

But in the spirit of always sharing everything that is possible to share ... 🙂 :P

attached the EFI of opencore that can be obtained by filling in the Shanee Pull Request posted in this thread:

OpenCore-0.7.2-DEBUG-Shanee.zip 4.18 MB · 1 download

attached also patches I use with this EFI 🙂

remember now a quirk includes a lot of patches.

Patches for PR EFI.plist.zip 1.88 kB · 2 downloads

latest to patches are for Aquantia ethernet card I use)

Patches are for BigSur and latest Monterey Beta (1-2-3)

Disclaimer:

this PR EFI is not yet approved by Opencore Devs team and it is not included in official release or beta from them

If I understand what you've presented (and after studying Shaneee's pull request), and to help clarify for others, is the following true?

With this custom commit, when ProvideCurrentCpuInfo is enabled, behind the scenes, OC automatically calculates patch 0 since it 'knows' the current CPU core count and the macOS version and thereby determines the proper mask and replacements. In other words, there is no new Quirk, or any other data to enable, except for ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, which is now more powerful. Aside from patch 0, all other patches remain the same.

Edited by iGPU
added PR link
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

• Supervisor

Yes @iGPUif I have compiled it well😅

UPDATE 17-07-2021:

I tried again the EFI deriving from Shaneee's Pull Request and it works.

Consequently, I clean up all my posts, putting this post written here as Edit - Update.

I update accordingly the first post with the EFI that I use.

If there are no contraindications during the further daily use tests, I will use the EFI as my primary.

If you do the same with your posts, please notify me or clearly indicate it in the same posts that you are going to modify

thank you

Edited by fabiosun
UPDATE 17-07-2021:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

I'm there too, minimal Patch, Bigsur / monterey these are my Quirks

Wifi intel Working and Ethernet, unfortunately no BT,

Are you using THESE BT firmware/driver? You also need the Bluetoolfixup.kext when using Monterey, with min and max version settings set correctly in your config.

If you are dual booting Windows then you will probably need to do a full cold boot to get BT working in macOS. Windows loads its own firmware to the BT module that is only cleared by doing a full cold boot - by that I mean shutdown and remove power (turn power supply off or unplug) for 10 seconds or more. It's a PITA but usually necessary for Windows/macOS dual booting for the Intel BT module to work.

• Like 1

• Supervisor

@1515thank for you config.plist ..I do not know useful for? but thank

you have 2 Force cpuid_cores_per_package on the bottom of your list

they should be on top

Otherwise some problems could happen with other patches 

@fabiosunYou are doing an enormous amount of work, of which I do not understand much. I am completely dumped but I see the result and I test.

I have retrieved your EFI Shannee from the OP and modified according to my configuration.

I can boot on BigSur 11.4, 11.5.

I can run the installation of Monterey Beta 3 but get an error after the first start (screenshot).

Attached is the log file and my config.plist

Edit I just noticed that I left the patches for Aquantia but that's not the problem I guess.

IMG_0320.thumb.jpg.438a8034739381da4a9371b18d8418b6.jpg

Arrakis config.plist.zip

opencore-2021-07-17-135805.txt.zip

Edited by Arrakis

• Supervisor

@all-trx40 users 🙂

the road we are following with the use of patches automatically through the "super powerfull Quirk" Personally I don't like it, and I told it to the right people

I would not like to retrace a problem from years ago that happened with Clover with opencore ..

Out of the blue the XCPM patches were applied through a cpu detect ...

there was a popular uprising 🙂

Even today if you think about it, a patch is also applied to those who do not need it ... talk about the CPU topology ...

Let's hope it doesn't automate too much

My aim was to reduce unnecessary patches, but to leave the user complete freedom to understand what he is doing and to make mistakes on his own 🙂

• Moderators

@Ploddles

We are still in Beta you will see that they will make it work with only one kext WiFi and BT, there is only one problem of kext IO80211Family, the plugins have moved them to IO80211FamilyLagacy and using bigsur and Monterey cannot work with only one Kext

• Supervisor

@Arrakis

kernel and quirks part seem fine

I only will try to reduce your kext in this installation part (no experience for it in my case)

IE I do not use SMCAMDProcessor.kext but only this AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext

I think also this AirportItlwm.kext should be calibrated better..but I think @iGPUknows more 🙂

@fabiosun 

For the SMCAMDProcessor.kext. I am using the iStatMenus app and noticed that if it is not enabled there is no temperature indication near the processor. (This temperature corresponds to the temperature in the AMD Power Gadget app).

I will activate the kexts at the minimum and try again the finalization of the installation.

12 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

@Ploddles

We are still in Beta you will see that they will make it work with only one kext WiFi and BT, there is only one problem of kext IO80211Family, the plugins have moved them to IO80211FamilyLagacy and using bigsur and Monterey cannot work with only one Kext

This has been the case since at least Mojave, both kexts are needed.

They both work in Monterey and Big Sur.

876963528_Screenshot2021-07-17at15_53_51.thumb.png.28b7af5bffa18e1398b82d5510fe4fc1.png

375645195_Screenshot2021-07-17at15_54_07.thumb.png.95a310196ebb7e27a2d1facb400668f0.png

• Supervisor

maybe we could refine also this patch:

algrey - _cpuid_set_info - GenuineIntel to AuthenticAMD - 10.13/10.14/10.15/11.0/12.0

maybe on this MaxKernel should be 20.99.99
it seems not mandatory for  Monterey B3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Arrakisi have put my EFi on OP maybe you can try to adapt your posted there and see

Limit only kext in use because could need some update for some of it

I have disabled the following kexts as possible.

Permanently disabled: SMCAMDPProcessor.kext, AirportItlwm.kext, AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Permanently activated the classics: Lilu.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, AppleALC.kext, NVMeFix.kext, WhateverGreen.kext

I have done the tests with FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext, (the set enable / disable)

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext (the set enable / disable)

The installation still does not want to be completed.

34 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

maybe we could refine also this patch:

algrey - _cpuid_set_info - GenuineIntel to AuthenticAMD - 10.13/10.14/10.15/11.0/12.0

maybe on this MaxKernel should be 20.99.99
it seems not mandatory for  Monterey B3

Still no final installation.

• Supervisor

@Arrakisare you updating from Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5.x?

you could also try to put all original kernel patches from AMD OSX Github and use a opencore EFI released official..

but your problem is weird

I do not think is ImacPro1.1 SMBIOS you use...

14 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@Arrakisare you updating from Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5.x?

you could also try to put all original kernel patches from AMD OSX Github and use a opencore EFI released official..

but your problem is weird

I do not think is ImacPro1.1 SMBIOS you use...

I do a clean install, it's my habit on major versions.

You put me in doubt about SMBIOS, I'm fine with MacPro7,1

I will put all the patches back in the current efi except the algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package.

If it's not good I downgrade the OpenCore version

• Supervisor
48 minutes ago, Arrakis said:

I do a clean install, it's my habit on major versions.

You put me in doubt about SMBIOS, I'm fine with MacPro7,1

I have installed from an USB installer to do a "clean" test

With MacPro7.1 ,no WEG, only -v as bootarg a SSDT for GPU pM and other few stuff

I have a pciex card for my 960 pro nvme and also Aquantia card as pciex card...
two NVME on M2 slots and a bunch of mechanical disks and bd writer..

tb not inserted from a bit of time..so I can't say

@iGPUif you have installed beta 3 and if you have time to test try to change MaxKernel of algrey - _cpuid_set_info - GenuineIntel to AuthenticAMD - 10.13/10.14/10.15/11.0/12.0 to 20.99.99

It seems not mandatory for Monterey

I have also said @Shaneeeto verify it in his testing steps..

we verified it also on lower platform as x570 or x370 so it should be fine for all platform

I've now had a play with the new patches for over an hour and not managed to successfully boot to a stable install.

Big Sur either freezes when I enter my password and just stays locked up or it boots to the desktop but I have a spinning 'beach ball' for a few minutes before it automatically crashes and reboots.

Monterey B1 just continually reboots half way through loading.

Tried booting with my working EFI and then starting the Monterey B3 update. When it gets to the reboot stage I try booting with the new patches and I just get the continual rebooting.

My next test will be to disable all but Lilu and Virtualsmc kexts and all boot args except -v to see if I can get any further. 

@Ploddlesyour problem with Big Sur 11.4 reminds me strangely of going from 11.3 to 11.4.

The problem was related to the misallocated ethernet ports. I got to a stable system when I managed to disable ethernet connections in system preferences. (On the other hand, no problems with the wifi module)

The time that a solution is found to repair the ports thanks to @Allubz.

It was already the SmallTreeIntel82576 is broken from Big Sur 11.4 

Edited by Arrakis
  • +1 1

• Moderators

For WiFi/BT in Big Sur and Monterey, look at following image. Note: this is only for Fenzi-type AIC or swapped internal cards, not the stock, internal AX200. WIth a mac-compatible card, these kexts will allow AirDrop to work. See this post of details. To use the kexts shown below, you also must inactivate the internal AX200. I have discussed this many times (see here and here). If you do not inactivate the internal AX200, your BT will not properly work.

On the other hand, if you use the stock AX200, entirely different kexts are required (which I won't discuss here), and in that situation, you must not use any of the kexts in the below image. I refer to the special AX200 kexts in the above first referenced post, providing a link to their source. Furthermore, understand that if you use the internal AX200, while you'll have WiFi and BT with those other kext files, AirDrop will not work: trade-offs.

WiFi-BT.thumb.png.87d86a88e5601856dfe08eaef1570a48.png

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 1

Il y a 6 minutes, iGPU a déclaré :

Pour le WiFi/BT à Big Sur et Monterey, regardez l'image suivante. Remarque : ce n'est que pour les cartes AIC de type Fenzi ou les cartes internes échangées, pas pour les cartes AX200 internes de type Fenzi. Avec une carte compatible mac, ces kexts permettront à AirDrop de fonctionner. Voir ce post de détails. Pour utiliser les kexts ci-dessous, vous devez également désactiver l'AX200 interne. J'en ai discuté à de nombreuses reprises (voir ici et ici). Si vous n'inactivez pas l'AX200 interne, votre BT ne fonctionnera pas correctement.

D'autre part, si vous utilisez l'AX200 standard, des kexts entièrement différents sont nécessaires (dont je ne parlerai pas ici), et dans cette situation, vous ne devez utiliser aucun des kexts de l'image ci-dessous. Je fais référence aux kexts spéciaux AX200 dans le premier post mentionné ci-dessus, fournissant un lien vers leur source. De plus, comprenez que si vous utilisez l'AX200 interne, alors que vous aurez le WiFi et le BT avec ces autres fichiers kext, AirDrop ne fonctionnera pas : compromis.

WiFi-BT.thumb.png.87d86a88e5601856dfe08eaef1570a48.png

@iGPU Now I understand why AirDrop never worked for me. I am using the internal AX200

Thanks for the very clear explanation

18 minutes ago, Arrakis said:

@Ploddlesyour problem with Big Sur 11.4 reminds me strangely of going from 11.3 to 11.4.

The problem was related to the misallocated ethernet ports. I got to a stable system when I managed to disable ethernet connections in system preferences. (On the other hand, no problems with the wifi module)

The time that a solution is found to repair the ports thanks to @Allubz.

It was already the SmallTreeIntel82576 is broken from Big Sur 11.4 

I've just edited my config to disable all kexts except lilu and virtualsmc and see how we go from there. My network kext is different from the one you mention, mine is SmallTreeIntel8259x. My Big Sur installation is 11.5.

I'll boot with my working efi and delete the networinterfaces.plist before trying with the new efi.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches