fabiosun

Hi everybody.

Thanks to the help from this thread, I've had a very stable bare-metal Threadripper hackintosh working for months. Unfortunately, that machine's been spending 90% of its time booted into Linux recently, so I haven't been able to enjoy that side of it. 

I know the original approach to get Threadripper hackintoshes working was through Proxmox, but I don't have any experience with that, so I figured I'd ask here. Would I be able to use my existing macOS boot drive to both boot bare-metal and also drive a virtual machine (not Proxmox, but KVM in Ubuntu 20.04)? Or are the various tricks and patches incompatible between the two methods?

Edited by jncasey

• Supervisor

no @jncaseyyou can use the same OSX disk but different EFI to boot

IE in proXmox you do not need of all Kernel Patches

I have in the past tried KVM in Ubuntu  with poor results (many problem for me to pass my GPU)..but I have no experience at all in linux stuff

• +1 1

On 6/4/2021 at 7:31 AM, fabiosun said:

Adobe Photoshop 2021 (22.4) object selection tools, liquify and other problem solved

Hey fabiosun hope you are well? Hmmm, my Creative Cloud only shows Photoshop  22.0 and I dont see 22.4.1 (yes its updated again) in Betas section of CC. Are u on a special program?! Guess my Updates off the Help menu were'nt working.

UPDATE: Solution kill the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file in /Users/[enter username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater and/or uninstall Photoshop, and then re-install.

Edited by Driftwood
  • Like 1

Im trying to get a Strix TRX 40XE working.
i copied efi and mimo of a Strix TRX 40 E but it seems to be different and doesn't really work for me.

is there a guide i can use to understand mimo white i went though the thread but im still a lil confused not very well versed with hacks 😞 

• Supervisor
12 minutes ago, Tech91 said:

Im trying to get a Strix TRX 40XE working.
i copied efi and mimo of a Strix TRX 40 E but it seems to be different and doesn't really work for me.

is there a guide i can use to understand mimo white i went though the thread but im still a lil confused not very well versed with hacks 😞 

@Tech91before try to read above and see if you see your disk modifying securebootmodel 

about mmio request

it is in our useful links pinned in international area

yeah my issue was system was not restarting and shutting down once in OS but my bigger issue is was only able to get catalina working and not big sur haha im gonna do a fresh install with big sur with 0.7.0 fingers crossed.

• Supervisor

@Tech91

if you have time and overall patience to read in this forum you will find all solutions you need in the best form available on the net 😛

take the time to search and read

your problem (reboot and shutdown are mmio related, and yours are different from other users also with the same motherboard) in some users motherboard (not Asus one but Gigabyte) for restart they have to disable an option in their bios (wake on lan)

• +1 1

• Moderators

I've referred to this site before, but go here and use the pop-up in upper left corner to select the various kexts. Download the latest release versions that will now support macOS 12 without having to use various boot-args. These were all updated by PMHeart.

Update: PMHeart now suggesting boot-args (-wegbeta -lilubetaall) are still needed and may not be fixed until the 2021-July release of Monterey.

1641467105_ScreenShot2021-06-08at5_58_57AM.thumb.png.5f03911178b6141ec1d701d1b75011e8.png

Edited by iGPU

9 hours ago, iGPU said:

I've referred to this site before, but go here and use the pop-up in upper left corner to select the various kexts. Download the latest release versions that will now support macOS 12 without having to use various boot-args. These were all updated by PMHeart.

Update: PMHeart now suggesting boot-args (-wegbeta -lilubetaall) are still needed and may not be fixed until the 2021-July release of Monterey.

1641467105_ScreenShot2021-06-08at5_58_57AM.thumb.png.5f03911178b6141ec1d701d1b75011e8.png

I have updated all my kext including Lilu and WEG added boot-args -wegbeta -lilubetaall and I get stuck in this point of the boot process. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.19.07 PM.png

• Moderators
5 hours ago, valmeida said:

I have updated all my kext including Lilu and WEG added boot-args -wegbeta -lilubetaall and I get stuck in this point of the boot process. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.19.07 PM.png

Yes, me too. It is related to incorrect Kernel/Patches. We must wait until these are sorted out (I don't know how to create them).

But, remember to adjust Patches and Kexts to change any MaxKernel 20.99.99 values to 21.99.99 (20 = Big Sur; 21 = Monterey). Otherwise, nothing will load for Monterey!

731287210_ScreenShot2021-06-08at6_52_08PM.thumb.png.da7d5a7971ae3ffa578f8db440cc2545.png

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches