fabiosun

@iGPU

Thank you😀 for the work you did to resolve my issue of recognizing my I210 Ethernet ports under 11.4.0

I have tried all the possible combinations but it still doesn’t work. (DevProp only or  DevProp + Patch or Patch only or Force 0 with the correct values or DevProp + Fake PCID.kext or DevProp + Fake PCID.kex + FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V)

I went under 11.4 (20F71), the system is stable unless I want to activate the ethernet kernel panic ports …… etc. (see capture)

Sometimes there is the activation of the ethernet port with no value for the router and DNS server but with completely wrong IP addresses and it is at this precise moment: Kernel panic.

My wifi connection is still working perfectly.

I will test in 11.5.0 to see if I have the same problem.

no adress router no DNS.png

• Cross Finger 1

I tested it with the Big Sur 11.5 beta.  I have the same problem.  my two I210 ethernet ports are not recognized. I did the test to reinstall from the rescue partition.  Under Big Sur 11.3.1 this is possible because the ethernet ports are recognized but under 11.4 impossible because the ethernet connection is not active and recognized.

• Sad 2

• Moderators

@Arrakis 

Maybe post your I210 problem on the OpenCore thread here and see if someone else has any ideas. If you're lucky Vit9696 might weigh in.

You'll need to carefully itemize each test/adjustment you performed (esp detailed descriptions of the Force and patch injections) to minimize pointless suggestions which cover something you've already tried.

• Ok 1

Thanks to @Arrakis latest EFI, updated to 0.7.0, I can boot 11.4 just fine on the TRX40 Designare rev. 1.1.

I have the same problem with the  Intel I210 NICs, unsurprisingly. I've had similar lockups (when the NIC should receive an address) on modern Realtek chips. In the end setting manual speed usually fixed it.

I set manual speeds for the NICs, but it won't help just like that. I'm looking at using FakePCIID + I225 kext, and then updating the device-id and PrimaryMatch.

UPDATE: Disregard crossed text. Take the I225.kext, update the IOPCIPrimaryMatch to 0x15338086 and you got working LAN and no KP.

Thing is, macOS interface became a bit "choppy" first time, but this seems fixed by defaulting the "Manual" configuration on the "Hardware" tab to "Automatically", which I had set before and it seems to be the only difference.

Maybe there's merit to updating the device-id as well, but I don't understand how to obtain it and edit it conform the info.plist format.

UPDATE 2 / question: How to troubleshoot onboard audio on TRX40, or specifically the Designare? I get Mattise USB2.0 audio devices, regardless of which analogue port I try, but no sound.

The IOPCIPrimaryMatch should be 0x15338086, I got that far.

I can't figure out how to obtain the right device-id, and translate it to the typical code the kext info.plist understands. The current entry is: 8hUAAA== which should resemble I225, what I'm looking for is obtaining our device-id, translating it to info.plist text, and testing this kext, as I think the controllers are close to identical and could fix our problem (besides reverting to 11.3.1).

Maybe someone can chime in on how to achieve this 🙂

Edited by Allubz
  • Thanks 1

• Supervisor

1071424631_Screenshot2021-06-02at9_04_57PM.png.9b3ff99323596e69c19bd6b0983ea0f1.png

different problems with this beta for me

it needs with MacPro7.1 of agdpmod=pikera boot arg (thanks to @Gengik84to point me in this direction

problem with Safari and middl mouse wheel here

chrome is fine

too much disk activity (it seems to me )

i havent see a worst beta from years....

if you test it give feedback if you can 🙂

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

1071424631_Screenshot2021-06-02at9_04_57PM.png.9b3ff99323596e69c19bd6b0983ea0f1.png

different problems with this beta for me

it needs with MacPro7.1 of agdpmod=pikera boot arg (thanks to @Gengik84to point me in this direction

problem with Safari and middl mouse wheel here

chrome is fine

too much disk activity (it seems to me )

i havent see a worst beta from years....

if you test it give feedback if you can 🙂

Just installed with no issue, also running MacPro7.1 but do not use WEG anymore. I miss display in 2nd boot stage but after drivers load all is well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rox67er said:

Just installed with no issue, also running MacPro7.1 but do not use WEG anymore. I miss display in 2nd boot stage but after drivers load all is well.

Exactly the same here.

• Like 1

• Supervisor

thank you @Rox67erand @Jaidy for confirming this 🙂

it was my system I think..I did many try with Adobe to help @tomnicwork as betatester on newer adobe suite and maybe I have messed my system

today it is working well all both with iMac Pro Smbios and with MacPro7.1

by the way

users with Ryzen chip using latest adobe suite take a look here:

• Like 1
  • +1 1

@Allubz @Arrakis Which BIOS version are you two using? I have a TRX40 Aorux Extreme, F4q BIOS. I can not shutdown my system. It always restarts when I shut down. Previously this problem was solved by disabling "Wakeup on LAN access" option in the BIOS, but not for this one. If shutdown is working for you, would you have any suggestions?

33 minutes ago, Jaidy said:

@Allubz @Arrakis Which BIOS version are you two using? I have a TRX40 Aorux Extreme, F4q BIOS. I can not shutdown my system. It always restarts when I shut down. Previously this problem was solved by disabling "Wakeup on LAN access" option in the BIOS, but not for this one. If shutdown is working for you, would you have any suggestions?

@Jaidy I am using version Agesa 1.0.0.4
 and Wakeup on LAN disabled.
 Maybe the restart is due to a bad value in Mmio White list.

• +1 1

Does Big Sur 11.5 Beta 2 support AMD 6900 XT version XTXH? (Device ID: 0x73af). After spending hours yesterday trying to figure out why my brand new shiny EXPENSIVE Sapphire Toxic Extreme Edition card did not work with Big Sur 11.4, I found someone on the TonyMacX86 site that had to reprogram the BIOS to get his 0x73af card to work. Apparently Apple only supports the a device ID of "0x73bf". Who would have known this? Anyway, in Big Sur 11.4, if I look at /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX6000.kext...Info.plist line 418, I see the line: <string>0x73A21002 0x73AB1002 0x73BF1002</string>. In Big Sur 11.5 has this file been updated? Any suggestions? I really, really, do not want to change my BIOS. Thanks for any advise you guys can give me.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:54 PM, Ploddles said:

BS 11.5 beta 1 has been released.

@Ploddles, do you mind sharing your latest EFI? I am reinstalling the replacement Designare mobo... I managed to get the TR TB3 card to work on the Asrock board, but not in a stable condition.  So, I am switching back to the Gigabyte board -- hopefully it will last longer this time🤞 Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jaidy said:

On the Rev. 1.1 I recommend FBd, since 1.0.0.5 gave a KP 3/4 into booting, without a clear sign on what it was.

On the Rev. 1.0 the same goes, I tested the 1.0.0.5 BIOS same KP, so I'm at F4i.

Attached you'll find my EFI. It works 99%, but assumes you have replaced the WiFi+BT card with a Broadcom (DW1820A in my case) alternative to the Intel WiFi+BT combo. It works with both revisions of the motherboard; there's no serious difference between them as far as I can tell.

I have trouble with onboard audio, though. On a boot (cold / warm) the Realtek USB2.0 Audio is detected, and when I plug my headphones in the appropriate slot it detects another instance of Realtek USB2.0 Audio and it works. After a restart, both USB2.0 "devices" are gone. Maybe someone knows what to do here?

Update: If I restart macOS the devices disappear, but if I start the system with the jack plugged in, the devices also won't appear on a fresh boot; this only happens properly on a boot (cold/warm) without the jack plugged in. So, that's weird!

Also, sleep doesn't work properly. The system turns off for a short second, and then restarts to a black screen / login screen when you touch the mouse or keyboard. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this, and honestly I don't give much about sleep. Having sleep work would be nice, but I'd rather have stable onboard audio.

Funnily enough the board boots for me even after a BIOS reset / up/downgrade. Still, I have some manual settings:

Tweaker:

XMP - Enabled

Infinity Fabric linked to DDR4-3600 speed (so 1800)

Settings:

/Platform Power/Wake on Lan - Disabled

/IO Ports

set all the Bifurcation options to their optimal lane speeds (16/8/16/8)

Above 4G Decoding - Disabled (Enabled works fine too, I see no difference)

/USB Configuration/Port 60/64 Emulation - Enabled (That's default, it has no influence on the audio issues as far as I can tell)

Boot:

CSM - Disabled

Secure Boot - Disabled

The part in  "Settings" is mostly taken from Arrakis, but I'm not sure if it really influences anything.

Having memory speed and IF linked is a no-brainer, make sure you do this if you can for optimal performance.

Disabling CSM and Secure Boot doesn't seem to influence much, but it's good practice.

@fabiosunI noticed I'm on my other account again, not AllubzV (if you remember what happened there, a year or two ago), but it's fine like this I assume. Perhaps you can shed some light on the audio / sleep issues, or how to troubleshoot them?

PS: With this EFI you'll get a non-critical error from OpenCore related to the Picker type; they changed it in 0.7.0 and I use OCC so it's not yet up to speed with 0.7.0 changes. It can be changed with PlistEditor Pro

EFI Allubz TRX40 Designare 0.7.0 11.4.zip

Edited by Allubz
  • +1 1

• Supervisor
4 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

Does Big Sur 11.5 Beta 2 support AMD 6900 XT version XTXH? (Device ID: 0x73af). After spending hours yesterday trying to figure out why my brand new shiny EXPENSIVE Sapphire Toxic Extreme Edition card did not work with Big Sur 11.4, I found someone on the TonyMacX86 site that had to reprogram the BIOS to get his 0x73af card to work. Apparently Apple only supports the a device ID of "0x73bf". Who would have known this? Anyway, in Big Sur 11.4, if I look at /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX6000.kext...Info.plist line 418, I see the line: <string>0x73A21002 0x73AB1002 0x73BF1002</string>. In Big Sur 11.5 has this file been updated? Any suggestions? I really, really, do not want to change my BIOS. Thanks for any advise you guys can give me.

61195855_Screenshot2021-06-03at5_59_04PM.png.e6888bc11d97afbe16e76d123e86c42b.png

5 hours ago, fabiosun said:

61195855_Screenshot2021-06-03at5_59_04PM.png.e6888bc11d97afbe16e76d123e86c42b.png

spacer.png

Hi @fabiosun,

Thanks to your guide, I've been running proxmox without any issues for awhile.   I started doing a bare metal installation using your EFI but ran into some issues.   I got to the Big Sur installation page but after selecting the drive and clicked on continue, it goes back to the recovery menu.  Can you point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Edited by dtek

• Supervisor

it is difficult to say...

if you have an OSX installed (one you use with proxmox should be fine) you could use it with my EFI

you have to check MMIO and other stuff and maybe 3 GPU inserted is a bit complicated..unsure of this

55 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

it is difficult to say...

if you have an OSX installed (one you use with proxmox should be fine) you could use it with my EFI

you have to check MMIO and other stuff and maybe 3 GPU inserted is a bit complicated..unsure of this

spacer.png

I only have 6800xt in slot 3 then moved it to slot 1 and that didn't work either.  Launching the installation file manually gave me these errors.   Does SIP need to be disabled?

• Supervisor

for Adobe (latest) suite users :

Adobe After Effects 2021 (18.2) tracking feature 🙂

Adobe Photoshop 2021 (22.4) object selection tools, liquify and other problem solved)

• Thanks 1
  • Ok 1
  • Cross Finger 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches