fabiosun

@fabiosun
I managed to start Big SUR. Everything seems to work fine (HD Audio, Ethernet etc)

I have a Gigabyte Thunderbolt GC Titan Ridge Card in my PC. I have a UAD Thunderbolt Audio Interface connected to it. The GC Titan Ridge TB Card is NOT flashed.

How can I get Thunderbolt running? Do you have any idea or can you point me in the right direction?

• Supervisor
On 4/10/2022 at 9:50 PM, valmeida said:

I bought a USBC adapter that works on my MacBook Pro and also on my Hackintosh.

Valmeida, I did the same

today I have reinserted my aquantia card in my rig

No way to have it working again with latest Monterey 

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

Valmeida, I did the same

today I have reinserted my aquantia card in my rig

No way to have it working again with latest Monterey 

I tried the config you sent me and it does not show as built- in . Which USBC adapter did you buy ? does it show as Built-in

Aquantia Problems 12.3 onwards

Did anyone try this solution on AMD using IOMMU? DisableIOMapper=false + ForceAquantiaEthernet quirck works on Intel Hacks.. We just need an AMD fix equivalent.

Because we are AMD we have to turn on IOMMU in BIOS and IVRS indicates I/O MMU (IOMMU) support

A user writes below on insanelyMac:

The problem that many people have here is that you can't enable VT-d in UEFI and disable DisableIOMapper on every platform, just like that. For this reason there is this kernel-quirk.

This was intended for the fact that one can leave VT-d active in the BIOS, in order to be able to use it at least in another system, because AppleVTD does not run on each system problem-free without making changes at DMAR and dropping the original DMAR table.

Unfortunately this was not considered when introducing the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and that's why there are now the complaints that e.g. WIFI doesn't work anymore when following the instructions.

That the Fenvi T919 did not work in @Rankrotten 's case has nothing to do with the card itself, even a BCM94360NG would not work here.

This is due to the bad implementation of VT-d in the firmware of the (older) consumer boards. On server and HEDT platforms it usually works properly.
X299 and newer platforms, like Z690 and partly Z590, don't seem to be affected by this problem, but everything before that apparently is. 

With an AMD hack, you're probably at a complete loss there, as I think enabling AppleVTD will prove much more difficult, if not impossible (maybe a patch can help, but I don't know). 

AMD's equivalent to Intel's VT-d is AMD Vi / AMD I/O or IOMMU and not SVM - SVM is the equivalent of VT-x.

After enabling VT-d in the BIOS of an Intel system and with the DisableIOMapper quirk disabled, you will see AppleVTD quite high up in the IORegistryExplorer (IOService).

With AMD systems, it would be now interesting to know whether one can see AppleVTD after the activation of IOMMU in the BIOS likewise in the IORegistryExplorer, which will be however rather not the case,

because for AMD systems, IVRS indicates I/O MMU (IOMMU) support and not DMAR

Edited by Driftwood

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Driftwoodit doesn’t work

tested yesterday all things available

system freezes if cable is connected

Did you try upgrading your Aquantiia firmware first  - what version you using?

I was reading somewhere that only the Secure version of the Aquantia 107 (107S) is now compatible with Apple OSX 12.3 onwards so no matter what we try, it may fail.

Edited by Driftwood

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Did you try upgrading your Aquantiia firmware first  - what version you using?

I was reading somewhere that only the Secure version of the Aquantia 107 (107S) is now compatible with Apple OSX 12.3 onwards so no matter what we try, it may fail.

Even if the I221 and Aquantia ports go wonky with macOS updates, there is another option as I described in an earlier post here.

This AIC card is fast, inexpensive and does not depend on BIOS settings.

• Moderators

@valmeida

I did a simple test with iMessage and FaceTime from my hack

it works fine in this condition

2125031453_Screenshot2022-05-01at6_30_13PM.thumb.png.5ab627d046c7a498081c928707132ee8.png

I surf with my USB ethernet card, but maybe with wifi I have the apple service activated..

Yes, en0 must exist AND has to be BuiltIn, Serial must be valid but not existent, MLB and ROM must be coherent with the Serial and valid but non existent too, machine UUID has to be different than 0. Sometimes the email address gets banned and you need a different one or call Apple to remove the ban.

• Like 1

@valmeida

I did a simple test with iMessage and FaceTime from my hack

it works fine in this condition

2125031453_Screenshot2022-05-01at6_30_13PM.thumb.png.5ab627d046c7a498081c928707132ee8.png

I surf with my USB ethernet card, but maybe with wifi I have the apple service activated.

This is only if the machine was all ready registered with Apple then Messenger and Facetime will work. If the machine needs to be registered such as a new install of the OS  it won't allow you because it says it can't communicate with Apple Servers.  I also noticed I get a message before I cant choose the drive to boot from in OpenCOre  The error is No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 20 index , context Quirks

IMG_1952.JPG

Edited by valmeida
Adde4d picture

• 2 weeks later...