fabiosun

• Supervisor
6 hours ago, 23d1 said:

I've been seeing reports that the GPU performance issue is fixed in 12.3.1, have you tried booting without the plist patch for the 6900XT?

Yes it has been fixed

i forgot to report it here

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Thanks, got it to finish the install and booted into 12.3.1 but then at the next boot I got the 99 bios error, had to reset bios, reset to my defaults and now it looks like my boot partition is corrupt. 😡😦

Removed the m.2 SSD, put it in an external case and re-installing now via my macbook…

• Sad 1

Big fuck up on my side… after the 99 error which was related to not booting with the right OC config - usb setup, I reloaded the bios to my default XMP profile. What I didn’t notice was that for some stupid reason above 4G was not enabled in these defaults causing the very strange boot issues I saw… only after checking the OC boot log I figured this out. Now restoring my data on a fresh 12.3.1 install. 🤐😡

15 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Rox67erif I remember well

99 error was an old error we often saw in Asrock creator board..

I do not remember well the origin of it

Yeah, I fought it a lot in the beginning. The solution is in a SSDT for USB ports, @Rocket88 figured out. As long as that is loaded I don't have any issue. Without it after 1-2 reboot I get the 99 error which completely locks up the system and a bios settings reset is needed to get it to work again. Also the onboard RGB controller which is on a USB port needs to be disabled to get sleep to work. This is "unique" to the AsRock TRX40. (might be related to the 99 error) 

SSDT-TRX40-USB-Port_R88.aml.zip

OK I give up trying to get my Aquantia integrated 10 gig card to work on Monterey. I bought a USBC adapter that works on my MacBook Pro and also on my Hackintosh. The only thing is in order for the Apple server to authenticate so that I can get messenger and iCloud working it needs to show up as built in. Can someone show me how I can change that usb  network adapter as built in with OC 7.9 

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.44.41 PM.png635610569_ScreenShot2022-04-11at6_02_12PM.thumb.png.01c495adefa875c1692d4b81b2a4be18.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.45.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.56.17 PM.png

Edited by valmeida

5 hours ago, Rox67er said:

Just tried this and the card does show up in MacOS but it doesn't get an IP. (still on OpenCore 0.7.9)

Thanks for trying with the usb c adapter  I get an ip address and are able to browse and download at full 1 gig both up and down . The only thing is that I can not uses none of the Apple ICloud service 😢

On 4/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, fabiosun said:

in your config.plist you have right conversion for MMIO but some are disabled (only latest for must be disabled)

attached config.plist enable it and reorganise your kext config.plist declaration 

if you like backup yours and try

@fabiosun
After I  disabled "Trusted computing" and "LAN" in the BIOS and remove all the RAM (just left 16GB).
I was able to get past the "12 Min remaining" And the Computer restarted.

Then it started to unpack the installation files and install macOS Big sur.
Now I am stuck at "Less than one Minute remaining".

Can you tell me, what settings I have to set in the BIOS ?

I am using BIOS "FC"
I have a Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.1

minute.thumb.jpg.845afd65bcaebee8f48dc0428051e11d.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 12:43 AM, fabiosun said:

@valmeida
a dirty solution could be to disable all your internal Ethernet cards and  built in Wi-Fi card and to delete Ethernet plist config as suggested on the guide

Rebooting and see if it works

it should be en0 after this procedure 

I tried that but the issue is not having the usbc Ethernet adapter binding to EN0 that works as it should. The issue is that it need to show up as builtin so that all the Apple iCloud services to work. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.44.41 PM.png

Hello, 

Move to Monterey 12.3.1 completed. Obligation to also use the AppleMCEReporterDisabler kext. On the other hand, I did not need to deactivate the Intel I210 modules in the Bios. Besides, they are still inoperative under 12.3.1.

They're just disabled in system preferences so they don't have weird system behavior.

PS: I hadn't noticed but the boots arguments have changed with version 1.0.7 of RestrictEvent. I use the revpatch=cpuname argument just to get the CPU name in System Information. Because I prefer to keep the real layout of the ram in the system information.

• Supervisor
2 hours ago, valmeida said:

I tried that but the issue is not having the usbc Ethernet adapter binding to EN0 that works as it should. The issue is that it need to show up as builtin so that all the Apple iCloud services to work. 

please use HackCheck and post file achieved clicking on question mark

Also post a pitcure like mine here

1697580947_Screenshot2022-04-16at7_35_42PM.png.4ef395705eb8eabd702447724b381653.png

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

please use HackCheck and post file achieved clicking on question mark

Also post a pitcure like mine here

1697580947_Screenshot2022-04-16at7_35_42PM.png.4ef395705eb8eabd702447724b381653.png

It won't show up in HackChek 1.0.2 but it does show up in the Hackintool. see screenshot .

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 2.37.04 PM.png