fabiosun

32 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Do you mean With hyper thread disabled in bios?

Because in the past we did this test if I am not wrong and system hanged if you have all cores thread enabled

nor simple to solve or try to solve without a 3990x

it seems you have done all test you can do

Yes, SMT (Hyperthreading) is disabled in BIOS, but I had virtualization set up in BIOS to be able to pass the host CPU to VMs, and that was tripping up the PowerManagement in macOS. The weird quirks/variables for booting and running macOS are many (to say the least).

In hindsight, I can't believe this wasn't one of the first things to test... I just automatically assumed that it wouldn't play a role in the grand scheme of things (most advanced operating system my ass).

I probably need to update my MMIO config after this... 😅

Edited by 23d1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:13 PM, fabiosun said:

some of you are using Mathematica and matLab apps in OSX/AMD? 😉

2033881534_Screenshot2021-10-31at16_57_37.thumb.png.0a98da131e8be11461f9b1f17267ec3a.png

Thanks @tomnicwork also these two apps working pretty well on AMD rig (osx installation)

I can’t get MATLAB to open on my machine. After a bit of work as per amd-osx, I got it to open up and do a few basic things but never fully functional. Can you please tell us how did you manage to do it?

While sleep is not possible with SMT off, I wonder if anyone has a solution to restart/shutdown issues? I seem to be able to shut down and restart the machine, however it doesn't post, so it just spins with no video output. I have to turn it off on the PSU and powercycle after a shutdown/reboot.

• Supervisor

Update in OP my latest working EFI:

https://www.macos86.it/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=36425

With latest BIOS and OpenCore I have to use DummyPowermanagement kext

in the past never used in this rig

I am investigating  because, now, without it , I have some time a kp related to AppleCPUPowermanagemnt

However all is fine with that quirk enabled!

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Update in OP my latest working EFI:

https://www.macos86.it/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=36425 2.69 MB · 7 downloads

With latest BIOS and OpenCore I have to use DummyPowermanagement kext

in the past never used in this rig

I am investigating  because, now, without it , I have some time a kp related to AppleCPUPowermanagemnt

However all is fine with that quirk enabled!

I notice you're using SSDT-SBRG-USBX.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml, are those potentially helpful with Shutdown/Restart? I've sorted out all my MMIO stuff and have tried the disable rtc checksum, but same issues persist (which according to OpenCore docs are related to RTC, but I have a weird hunch it might be a PowerManagement thing either relating to CPU or USB/ports). Only thing left for me to try besides that is DummyPowerManagement, I suppose.

@Driftwood any updates on your end in relation to Sleep/Wake and Shutdown/Restart? Same mobo here, and your config.plist was instrumental to my success. 🙂

Edited by 23d1
Formatting

• Supervisor

@23d1

in my rig I can avoid to use any ssdt and behavior is the same

if you apply ssdt plug you will see additional option on your power options and a ‘green’ cpu power management 

ssdt related to usb gives proper volt to usb (useful to charge an iPad)

9 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@23d1

in my rig I can avoid to use any ssdt and behavior is the same

if you apply ssdt plug you will see additional option on your power options and a ‘green’ cpu power management 

ssdt related to usb gives proper volt to usb (useful to charge an iPad)

Ah, gotcha. Might be worth having. What's the use for the 6900xt.aml?

On 11/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, 23d1 said:

Driftwood any updates on your end in relation to Sleep/Wake and Shutdown/Restart? Same mobo here, and your config.plist was instrumental to my success. 🙂

Shutdown/Restart is easy. All you need (crazily) do in BIOS is Enable 'USB Power Delivery in SoftOff State (S5)' under the ACPI section.
As for SLEEP/Wake its been a PITA since upgrading to Big Sur 11.6 and Monterey. Ive rewritten the DSDT (several times), Ive analysed Fabiosun's DSDT (and other boards) against ours and pulled certain WoP variables, edited USB Maps galore, tested with different BIOS settings (one change at a time) and marking them off on a spreadsheet. Still have many variables to try out. Its been an exhausting two weeks  of failures. But the same problem exists on other Asrock boards. Asrock Support will not support any requests if they suspect its for MacOS (or Linux). They are total Window heads.
I've changed GPRW method arguments 0x08, 0x04s to 0x09s and 0x03s to no avail. Ive combined many ideas with one at a time variable changes... the list goes on. It seems Sleep/Wake is broke atm.
The strange thing is fabiosun's Reason for Wake lists the same D0A0 etc... as ours - I can knock them Wake Reasons out easily from my Reasons but you are left with a "/" empty reason which suspiciously means exactly the same reason. Its a private reason. 
The DSDT is badly designed - and certainly Windows Biased (Sleep/Wake works perfectly in Windows no matter what I throw at it!)

Ive disabled XMP Profile 1 and gone stock settings, MAcPro 2993 settings, lots of power related items... but same errors. BTW Every time you change something (if you are to try anything) ensure you NVRAM reset, else you'll see no changes.

Ive removed all USBs, PCIe cards, BT/Wifi all to no avail... and yet as I get closer or further to a discovery I keep coming back to this amazing 'chess' problem... I will continue until we nail the variables which are stopping Sleep/Wake. The S5, S4, S3 sleep states erratic to other boards... even on the same devices! I love Asrock 😞

Ive also looked at Rocket88's newly updated USB SSDT and played around with some of the unknown settings zero'ing / disabling, changing port types etc... Its been fun...

BTW Rocket88 Port 18 on the XHC0 (original RHUB name) - the Unknown weird port is a type 254 (not 255)

Work goes on...

Edited by Driftwood
  • Cross Finger 1

• Supervisor

yesterday I have put back on my rig Thunderbolt card (Titan Ridge 1.0), unmounted my Aquantia Ethernet (I do not use because I am trying a Wireless and BT combo card supported by OSX without any additional kext)

System starts and sleeps/wakes fine as before

Weird thing is that window 11 now hang in a blue screen without any chance to solve or repair it (ATM) 🙂

Monterey is from time my main OSX and so no worried for this...only it seems weird 

• Supervisor
9 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Yes it is. I just changed the MaxKernel to 22.99.99 so that it would work for Monterey.

21.99.99 is enough 🙂 I use more for testing

and that patch work for you so?

if you have the same id of @valmeida maybe he can solve his problem

• Supervisor
7 hours ago, valmeida said:

Yes is changes the old Big Sur patch to Max Kernel 22.99.99. I also disable the Monteray patch. See attached. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.44.34 PM.png

if @Rocket88is using aquantia card with that old patch , the only reason could be his Aquantia has a different id from mine and yours

Or probably he is using other ethernet Asrock trx40 has and that patch is not used at all

@valmeida

I assume you dd all steps in a correct way so, for now your id is not compatible

a risky solution could be to flash your card with a supported id in linux

if you google a little you should be find "how to"

I did in the past and it is not so difficult, but you could brick your ethernet/motherboard

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches