• Moderators
7 hours ago, Arrakis said:

Hello 😀

How i can solve

Missing key RealPath, context (Tools)

Missing Key TexMode, (Tools)

Failed to calculate size…

IMG_9659.thumb.jpg.0793083a6884b19c5a512cba0e7d4af2.jpg

You need to fix bad config file. The error file tells you where the mistakes are located. (I don't use Bootstrap as it messes with BIOS.)

Study OC docs and every line of the sample plist file, as I do. Both usually change with each incremental update. This is the only way you'll learn how to use OC, rather than waiting for someone to hand you the fix.

• +1 2

On 12/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, fabiosun said:

Off Topic

No joy

many different error from AMD site after clicking on place order button

😞

1694377253_Screenshot2020-12-08at16_33_37.thumb.png.54721ce9cebfdb2c1b0cc3af2c841679.png

please get one and sell it to me @ MSRP 😛

On 12/8/2020 at 3:00 AM, fabiosun said:

maybe this video could be useful

You can also check config.plist conformity with an internal opencore devs tool like OCValidate

thanks a lot for this video. I would try from now on to upgrade on my own, before bugging you people 😄

1 hour ago, Ploddles said:

Well UPS say they delivered my RX 6800 XT but there was nobody at home when they say they delivered. Hopefully they just delivered it to a UPS Collection Point but 'forgot' to post the notification through my letterbox.

Well they "lost" my new MP5,1 + Cinema Display back in the days. And you know how big these boxes are... luckily it was insured.

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@vMattPrice try to start from this thread...

and please..do not offer money

It is against our way to do things 🙂

If you you post here me and many others skilled users can help you

DO NOT TRUST from people asking money to help!

I have hided your first post here for our forum "credo"

Edited by fabiosun
added our credo :)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@Ploddlescheck your tracking number on line..ups there says clearly where they leave your goods (if on an UPS point they write the name and address of it)

May i ask where have you find your 6800xt?

Which cost?

thank you

According to the UPS tracking, they say they delivered it Thursday morning at 09:23 and it was accepted by WHITE (my surname). I don't know who accepted it as there was nobody at home at that time.

I have lodged a claim/complaint with the seller who say that UPS will contact me. So far they haven't.

I paid £739.85 for it from newegg.com. It is/was the "ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Taichi Gaming Graphics Card with 16GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA 2 (RX6800XT TCX 16G". I had just started my browser to look at something for my son and it opened on the newegg.com page (the browser opens the last session on startup). It was just a matter of luck that they had listed it at that time. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay but with the short supply I just decided to get it as it was available. The listing was only live for a few minutes before they were all sold.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arrakis said:

Hello

Since the Big Sur 11.1 update

ProperTree no longer works what should I do ?😐

Have a look at the propertree GitHub page, it has the solution.....

• ProperTree crashes on Big Sur (macOS 11)

This is due to the default python installs on macOS leveraging an older tk version - which lacks support for macOS 11. To solve this, you can download and install the latest python 3 version from https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/then leverage the buildapp-python3.command from ProperTree's Scripts directory to build a .app bundle that will leverage that python version.

If you already have python 3 installed via brew or another package manager - it is likely still linking to the system tkversion, which will still have issues unless linked against a newer version.

• +1 1

On 12/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, fabiosun said:

@LoonyDonald visto la semplificazione aiuta 🙂

So if I get a good AMD card, do you think my machine will run macOS?

Corsair CC-9011063-WW Graphite Series 780T Full Tower PC Case - Black
GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS Xtreme
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core, 64-Thread
Corsair Vengeance LPX 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1600W
(3) Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3, Premium-Grade CPU Cooler for AMD sTRX4/TR4/SP3 (140mm, Brown)X2
Dual eSata card with 2 3.1 USB
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
EVGA GTX 980 Ti
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
CentOS 7.9 KDE Plasma
Manjaro 20.2 KDE Plasma
32 core Catalina (macOS) Virtual machine

I have space for 2 more double-wide gpu's 

Edited by dreamof3d

@Ploddles I was able to get a 6800 from newegg. A Gigabyte OC model for $680 + tax (too much but the quality of the PCB and heatsink are great). No luck with any of the XT models.

With the lack of MacOS support and the good power rating (around 200W) decided to put it in my Node 202 mini itx console replacing the Nvidia rtx 2070 there - my TV/living room gaming console. The Node202 got a 5800X too which I managed to snag at a local Microcenter so it's quite the beast now.

Immediate deshroud + 2 exhaust fans = temperatures in the 60s under heavy load. Amazing gaming GPU for power budget systems. Will now have to test with a fancy visual game like Cyberpunk2077.

IMG_6227-1.jpg

IMG_6228-1.jpg

IMG_6229-1.jpg

• Like 1

• Supervisor
4 hours ago, dreamof3d said:

So if I get a good AMD card, do you think my machine will run macOS?

Corsair CC-9011063-WW Graphite Series 780T Full Tower PC Case - Black
GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS Xtreme
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core, 64-Thread
Corsair Vengeance LPX 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1600W
(3) Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3, Premium-Grade CPU Cooler for AMD sTRX4/TR4/SP3 (140mm, Brown)X2
Dual eSata card with 2 3.1 USB
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
EVGA GTX 980 Ti
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
CentOS 7.9 KDE Plasma
Manjaro 20.2 KDE Plasma
32 core Catalina (macOS) Virtual machine

I have space for 2 more double-wide gpu's 

Welcome here

try to read this thread and other similar and you will have success 🙂

• Like 1

For those hunting GPUs / CPUs, the following may help:

I have managed to get so far a 6800 from Newegg (delivered and installed for personal use in my non-Hackintosh), a 5950x from Amazon (will resell for no profit to a friend who really needs it, as I don't need it myself) and I just snagged an XFX 6900XT from BestBuy (order hopefully won't get cancelled as done by Newegg once) due Jan 7 - all using just this alert service and some luck. I have no idea what to do with that 6900XT I really wanted a 3090 to try some ML projects, but I won't complain and may replace the 5700XT once the MacOS drivers pop up.

2. - Don't watch the youtube video, watch the chat instead - I notice people shout out when drops happen. But since you can't really watch it all the time, it's best to get alerted via the Telegram 1st.

I noticed that the real time alerts on Telegram are much better than url's - when they show up, most stock disappears within seconds. I was beaten 9 out 10 times for a 6800XT or 6900XT while being notified in real time, while on my PC and adding to cart immediately and attempting to checkout. I also realized that trying to enter my credit card info was too slow (and except for Amazon which has 1 click buy now option) I reverted to PayPal, which allowed me to checkout much faster. Which proves that others use these scripts / bots as well, so the only chance is to join them at least as far as alerts go. 

• +1 1

My 6900XT shipped! I wish it was an Asus, they have much superior cooling - it's an XFX reference design, for which the cooler is not very adequate by most reviews. So I probably would have to spend the extra $300 that I saved on the MSRP on waterblock and radiator or undervolt it. It's a bit of a waste of $ for me - I don't do rendering, so I have to do more gaming I guess - MS Flight sim at 4K maybe - but I couldn't help it.

6900XT.jpg

• Like 1
  • +1 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches