fabiosun

Just updated to OC 0.6.4, adding all the extra fields. All working fine except the graphical picker OpenCanopy. Anybody else experiencing the same?

EDIT: never mind, it was a corrupt file in the download. Redownloaded OC and replaced the file sorted it out.

Edited by Ploddles
fixed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Off Topic

No joy

many different error from AMD site after clicking on place order button

😞

1694377253_Screenshot2020-12-08at16_33_37.thumb.png.54721ce9cebfdb2c1b0cc3af2c841679.png

I tried to manually add by refreshing many times and any time I tried to load the shopping card, I'd get a Gateway 503 error and finally AMD.com blocked me out as I probably refreshed too many times. I also tried to do the same on BestBuy 2 hours later and no luck. 100% bots are in place.

I also subscribe to a Telegram notification bot and even when I get right at the second and try to add to card it hasn't worked. I guess one has to write their own bot to stand a chance or hope for more stock but 2.5 months after Nvidia launch, the situation hasn't improved much.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, Rox67er said:

@shutterbug168 attached my latest EFI with my best config so far for the AsRock TRX40 creator. With USB patching thanks to @Rocket88 I don't have the 99 error anymore and everything works except for sleep. (and sidecar)  CSM disabled, Above 4G enabled. Make sure to add your personal platforminfo. 

EFI.zip 3.38 MB · 3 downloads

@Rox67erYour EFI boots up fine... but my machine still has the same shutdown-restart problem.  Since no Asrock users are experiencing this problem, I am thinking I may be on a roll of getting another defective mobo (after my Designare mobo died)🙄 Do you mind sharing your BIOS (before I harass Asrock support) -- you can save your settings to a file under Tweaker (and the file will be saved to the EFI drive of your USB or SSD drive).  Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Ploddles said:

Just updated to OC 0.6.4, adding all the extra fields. All working fine except the graphical picker OpenCanopy. Anybody else experiencing the same?

EDIT: never mind, it was a corrupt file in the download. Redownloaded OC and replaced the file sorted it out.

Would you please follow the ritual of uploading your EFI? 🙂

• whahahah 1

• Supervisor

@Ploddlesdo not take it wrong..

Post your EFI always if user request it

I have done a simple video to explain as you can do a check by yourself and update openCore easily, but if a user asks for help..I am very happy to have people as you available to help 😉

thank you

Updated OP with new @Ploddles064 opencore EFI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shutterbug168 said:

@Rox67erYour EFI boots up fine... but my machine still has the same shutdown-restart problem.  Since no Asrock users are experiencing this problem, I am thinking I may be on a roll of getting another defective mobo (after my Designare mobo died)🙄 Do you mind sharing your BIOS (before I harass Asrock support) -- you can save your settings to a file under Tweaker (and the file will be saved to the EFI drive of your USB or SSD drive).  Thanks again!

Attached my current BIOS settings, check your fans settings as I use a silent profile for my AIO water cooler. The rest is basic I think XMP 2.0 enabled and PBO level 3 enabled.

BIOS version = 1.7

ASROCK_BIOS_SILENT_XMP_BAREMETAL.BIN.zip

• Like 1

Back to the Navi topic - after many unsuccessful attempts I managed to get a confirmed order of a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 GAMING OC from Newegg (took me a Telegram notification system and many failed attempts with voided orders). I really wanted the XT and/or a 3080/3090, but my 3090 from TigerDirect ended up backordered with no ETA (despite initially being 'confirmed') and the XT's are nowhere to be found. So ordering if you're fast DOES work, but you need a bot notifier. Very frustrating, and I already have buyer regret.

I used this link to join the 6800/6900 notification room. 99% of the time, you're too slow to get it as I think there are scripts that preempt you. But once you see drops flowing, you may succeed in pre-empting the bots, by refreshing the same link and hitting add to cart many times and being super fast to checkout (I used 1 click auth Paypal).

I am sure one can write a Telegram based bot to auto refresh and add to cart using this notifier, but not sure I want to invest the time ...

Edited by meina222

On 12/8/2020 at 12:10 PM, Ploddles said:

The Place Order button wouldn't work on my iPhone - totally unclickable. From other forums it seems that the above message was pretty typical if you lived outside of the US.

Another total cockup by AMD  😞

there still doesn't seem to be a working driver for these GPUs in Big Sur, so we could wait. Though the way things have been going, it seems there'd be a shortage till sometime Q1 2021

I am debating if I should use the 6800 and play some new titles at 4K, or offer it to someone who may enjoy it more as I really want the XT once supported by BigSur (the 6800XT vs 6900XT margin is smaller than the 6800 vs 6800XT so 6800XT is best value of the 3 if at MSRP). The order will ship today 12/10 according to Newegg. I paid $679 + tax = $751. This seems like a steep premium for OC/Dual BIOS over the $600 AMD MSRP. Rumor is AMD is leaving no margin for ABI's and they are forced to jack up the price, so even w/out the black market the 600 MSRP is misleading since AMD made limited reference cards and the ABIs have no incentive to make more reference ones.

Edited by meina222

12 hours ago, meina222 said:

I am debating if I should use the 6800 and play some new titles at 4K, or offer it to someone who may enjoy it more as I really want the XT once supported by BigSur (the 6800XT vs 6900XT margin is smaller than the 6800 vs 6800XT so 6800XT is best value of the 3 if at MSRP). The order will ship today 12/10 according to Newegg. I paid $679 + tax = $751. This seems like a steep premium for OC/Dual BIOS over the $600 AMD MSRP. Rumor is AMD is leaving no margin for ABI's and they are forced to jack up the price, so even w/out the black market the 600 MSRP is misleading since AMD made limited reference cards and the ABIs have no incentive to make more reference ones.

If only this was the XT version or the 6900 XT..

Does anyone know what new features/fixes 11.1 contains? No 6000 series radeon drivers yet is a bit of a bummer, but I believe it's temporary as Apple is slow to roll out drivers for stuff not part of their own hardware. For sure the Intel based Macs will get a 6000 upgrade early next year.

• Supervisor

@meina222

macOS Big Sur 11.1 Update 11.1 — Restart Required

macOS Big Sur 11.1 introduces support for AirPods Max, TV app enhancements, Apple News widgets, and privacy information on the App Store. This release also includes bug fixes for your Mac.

AirPods Max
	•	Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
	•	High fidelity audio for rich sound
	•	Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
	•	Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
	•	Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
	•	Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience

Apple TV
	•	An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
	•	Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
	•	Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports

Apple News
	•	Apple News widgets are now available in Notification Center

App Store
	•	New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices
	•	In-game dashboard within Arcade games recommends new Arcade games to play

iPhone and iPad apps on Macs with M1 
	•	New window options for iPhone and iPad apps let you switch between landscape and portrait orientations or expand a window to fill the entire screen

Photos
	•	Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app

Safari
	•	Ecosia search engine option in Safari

Air Quality
	•	Available in Maps and Siri for locations in China mainland
	•	Health recommendations are provided in Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels

This release also addresses the following issues:
	•	QuickTime Player might quit when opening a movie with a timecode track after upgrading from macOS Catalina
	•	Bluetooth connection status was not displayed in Control Center
	•	Reliability of unlocking your Mac automatically with your Apple Watch
	•	Trackpad scrolling speed may be faster than expected on MacBook Pro models
	•	LG UltraFine 5K Display may incorrectly display at 4K resolution on Macs with M1

Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211896
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

• +1 1

On 12/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, Rox67er said:

Attached my current BIOS settings, check your fans settings as I use a silent profile for my AIO water cooler. The rest is basic I think XMP 2.0 enabled and PBO level 3 enabled.

BIOS version = 1.7

ASROCK_BIOS_SILENT_XMP_BAREMETAL.BIN.zip 994 B · 1 download

@Rox67er, your BIOS settings fixed my shutdown/reboot problem! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Now, I will work on getting the TR TB3 card to work... Do you happen to know any Asrock mobo users using the TR TB3 card with a working SSDT for our mobo?  Many thanks again!!!

• +1 1

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches