fabiosun

• Supervisor

@Jaidyare you using latest patches for AMD and overall latest Opencore?

I suggest to revert to an old opencore because in latests versions some modify are done and these apply on all AMD chipset

It is a modify useful to solve audio problems AM5 chipset users have and maybe it could be problematic on trx40 chipset (not sure but it is simple to try)

• +1 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, fabiosun said:

@Jaidyare you using latest patches for AMD and overall latest Opencore?

I suggest to revert to an old opencore because in latests versions some modify are done and these apply on all AMD chipset

It is a modify useful to solve audio problems AM5 chipset users have and maybe it could be problematic on trx40 chipset (not sure but it is simple to try)

thank you very much @fabiosun. Actually I just updated to the version 0.9.0 and it seems that the problem is gone, at least for now. So probably it was an issue with something in the last two (0.8.8, 0.8.9) versions 🙂

• +1 1

On 3/12/2023 at 5:14 PM, Jaidy said:

thank you very much @fabiosun. Actually I just updated to the version 0.9.0 and it seems that the problem is gone, at least for now. So probably it was an issue with something in the last two (0.8.8, 0.8.9) versions 🙂

Can you share your efi? You hardware specs for your board are similar to mine and I'm trying to see if I can get my wifi , bluetooth and 10 gig lan card to work . 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:22 PM, valmeida said:

Can you share your efi? You hardware specs for your board are similar to mine and I'm trying to see if I can get my wifi , bluetooth and 10 gig lan card to work . 

here you go

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

EFI.zipBackup yours and use this

it is a debug version and it will produce debug log

try both acquantia and also i211 on board ethernets

OMGOMG OMG thank you I have Aquantia, I211 and my WIFI working . Thank you  I have more question .  1) What patch do I need to update my OS from 13.3. 2) How do I turn off logging I updated my MMIO whitelist. 3) any suggestion on how I can get my Bluetooth woking on my Fenvi card?

• Like 1

• Supervisor
6 minutes ago, valmeida said:

OMGOMG OMG thank you I have Aquantia, I211 and my WIFI working . Thank you  I have more question .  1) What patch do I need to update my OS from 13.3. 2) How do I turn off logging I updated my MMIO whitelist. 3) any suggestion on how I can get my Bluetooth woking on my Fenvi card?

Vic, it's just that sometimes, actually often, my English is not so good or you don't read me well 🙂
You would have had this situation long ago
as far as BT is concerned, I think you need to do a USB mapping (if you have connected the fenvi to the internal USBs of your board)

for debug output you have to convert your EFi in a non debug version

in a minutes I will do for you if you don't know how

EDIT:

EFI added

EFI.zip

23 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Vic, it's just that sometimes, actually often, my English is not so good or you don't read me well 🙂
You would have had this situation long ago
as far as BT is concerned, I think you need to do a USB mapping (if you have connected the fenvi to the internal USBs of your board)

for debug output you have to convert your EFi in a non debug version

in a minutes I will do for you if you don't know how

EDIT:

EFI added

EFI.zip 3.14 MB · 2 downloads

What is the best process to do the USB port mapping a TRX40 . I have tried a few different methods and when I do the system hangs. There is one in the site but is in Italian 🙂

• Supervisor
39 minutes ago, valmeida said:

One question do I have to remove SDDT-TRX40-USBX.aml when im done or keep it also? 

no it is for usb power and other

I would suggest to create the kext in a windows environment

I have few skill in this task you can ask to @Lorys89if he has time to give you some hints

2 hours ago, fabiosun said:

no it is for usb power and other

I would suggest to create the kext in a windows environment

I have few skill in this task you can ask to @Lorys89if he has time to give you some hints

@fabiosun I have attached my EFI incase you want to add to the list of EFI on PAGE one  incase anyone else needs it. Everything is working like a champ including Wifi , Bluetooth, Air drop , Aquantia and I211.  I also noticed a huge increase in performance. 

Thanks again for all your help. 

EFI.zip

• Ok 1

3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Amd vanilla GitHub or also from valmeida efi posted above

also attached here

add core count (20) for your CPU

AMD_Vanilla-master.zip 9.1 kB · 0 downloads

thank you. 

When adding all these patches, and running ocvalidate, I am getting this error which I have tried looking up:

Kernel->Patch[18]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch[19]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

These are the patches CaseySJ - Fix alloc_dma_buffer, and CaseSJ - Fix IOBufferMemoryDescriptor::withOptions. On the documentation it says 

• Most binary patches must have Find, Replace, Mask (if used), and ReplaceMask (if used) identical size set. Also, Find requires Mask (or Replace requires ReplaceMask) to be active (set to non-zero) for corresponding bits.

But I am unable to really interpret it. Can you please help me with it?

Also when using the file you posted here, and replacing all my patches with these, and adding the 20 at appropriate places for the four patches, it moves forward but reboots midway...

• Supervisor

@Jaidypost your EFI and specify with it which OS are working well

If your EFI is bigger than 5 Mb post it on an external provider

thank you

1 hour ago, Jaidy said:

Kernel->Patch[18]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch[19]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

I think these errors are not from plist file (AMD Vanilla plist) but I think they are from Aquantia patches (and these validate errors are not a big problem for functionality)

• Supervisor
8 hours ago, Jaidy said:

Did anyone update to macOS 13.3? It gets stuck for me at the first screen

with fixed EFI with new patches I mean, you have to download again updater installer.

For many it becomes unusable if used to update with old patches

@Jaidywhich OSX work with that EFI?

• +1 1