fabiosun

On 10/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, Rox67er said:

Just updated to Ventura without a single issue, tried a fresh install which worked fine including wifi / BT / 2.5G network and just updated my main drive also without any issue.

Attached my EFI, @fabiosun feel free to add to OP. (boots Monterey and Ventura flawless only removed audio files from Resources to limit filesize)

(I did a small tweak to the SSDT-TRX40-USB-Port_R88.aml initial version by @Rocket88 and now have all my USB (including front USB-C) working fine and also sleep is working without an issue.)

Thanks all for sharing your results and tweaks with this community.

EFI OC 0.8.5 Rox67er.zip 3.46 MB · 15 downloads

Loaded flawlessly on my machine!  Only difference is I have a 6800xt.  But I have a problem when I install Monterey...  The infamous 12 minutes remaining.  When I reboot manually I don't see the install in progress so I cannot continue. 

Edited by subbanator

On 11/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, subbanator said:

Loaded flawlessly on my machine!  Only difference is I have a 6800xt.  But I have a problem when I install Monterey...  The infamous 12 minutes remaining.  When I reboot manually I don't see the install in progress so I cannot continue. 

Got it to work finally.  Had to revert to Bios F4i.  But now I'm getting random reboots once I log in. 

• Supervisor
3 hours ago, subbanator said:

Got it to work finally.  Had to revert to Bios F4i.  But now I'm getting random reboots once I log in. 

Your ethernet card is not supported for now in OSX greater than Big Sur

If you are using it this is the problem you have

you can solve for now in different way

Disabling ethernet from bios

Disconnect ethernet cable

put e1000=0 as bootarg to disable OSX driverkit

I can't say more without knowing your EFI configuration 

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

Your ethernet card is not supported for now in OSX greater than Big Sur

If you are using it this is the problem you have

you can solve for now in different way

Disabling ethernet from bios

Disconnect ethernet cable

put e1000=0 as bootarg to disable OSX driverkit

I can't say more without knowing your EFI configuration 

I used either yours or Rox67's...  I changed the serial number and Rom.  I disconnected the ethernet and yes indeed it stopped.   I guess I'm going back to BS for now. 

You guys are freakin geniuses gaddamn.  I JUST bought a Mac Studio...  I just feel like taking that sucker back to the store now lol

• Haha 1
  • whahahah 1

• Supervisor
16 minutes ago, subbanator said:

I used either yours or Rox67's...  I changed the serial number and Rom.  I disconnected the ethernet and yes indeed it stopped.   I guess I'm going back to BS for now. 

You guys are freakin geniuses gaddamn.  I JUST bought a Mac Studio...  I just feel like taking that sucker back to the store now lol

follow this thread:

People are trying to solve this problem on i210 (your ethernet)

2 hours ago, fabiosun said:

follow this thread:

People are trying to solve this problem on i210 (your ethernet)

I slapped a usb-c to ethernet on it for now and it's working so l will wait for an official fix. 

Thanks a lot for everything...  You guys rock! 

Hey I found an intel quad NIC....  My Thunderbolt card has no use for me as of now since there is no fix for my Antelope interface.  Is there something that can be done with this?

EDIT: Had this running for a couple of days now...  I have to give you guys props....  I can see how why this here has 148 pages.  This EFI is the most stable I encountered.  My Mac Studio is going back to the store!

Edited by subbanator
  • whahahah 1

Hello good people,

I have a question. Trying to find any tiny bits of info if Apple will support RDNA3 cards in MacOS but I'm starting doubt that. Might be it will never happen since they fully moved to own silicon.

I was planing to get new graphics card in a next few weeks. Was considering RX 7900 XTX or RTX 4090. So if there is no chance to get AMD card supported in MacOS then 7900 XTX not make much sense since it will be inferior then 4090 in all respects. And getting 4090 means no more hackintoshing 😞 but I really want to stay on MacOS.

So I'm thinking what would be the best case for me. I might will buy 6900XT and wait if Apple will supporting RDNA3 cards in future.

So the question is 🙂 Can I use RX 6950 XT in hackintosh? Can it be spoofed like 6900XT?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, shrisha said:

Hello good people,

I have a question. Trying to find any tiny bits of info if Apple will support RDNA3 cards in MacOS but I'm starting doubt that. Might be it will never happen since they fully moved to own silicon.

I was planing to get new graphics card in a next few weeks. Was considering RX 7900 XTX or RTX 4090. So if there is no chance to get AMD card supported in MacOS then 7900 XTX not make much sense since it will be inferior then 4090 in all respects. And getting 4090 means no more hackintoshing 😞 but I really want to stay on MacOS.

So I'm thinking what would be the best case for me. I might will buy 6900XT and wait if Apple will supporting RDNA3 cards in future.

So the question is 🙂 Can I use RX 6950 XT in hackintosh? Can it be spoofed like 6900XT?

Thank you.

while one can not be certain with Apple, there is a chance the 7000 series GPUs will be supported since Apple is still selling the Intel based Mac Pros

Hello,

I did a bios update and since then I have a small problem.

Old bios:

Sleep does not work. (I do not try to solve the problem I never use it)

Shutdown ok

Erp enable, shutdown ok. (this is the configuration I want since sleep does not work)

New bios:

Sleep does not work.

Erp enable, shutdown with reboot after 3 sec.

Erp disable extinction ok but as soon as I touch the keyboard or the mouse the leds of both light up and it annoys me seriously because it leads to nothing because this function is useful when sleep works .....

I checked the Mmio, it is correct.

As I have the Resizable BAR in the new bios.

I tried with and without it's the same.

I haven't changed anything in the hardware configuration.

I haven't changed anything in OpenCore except the Mmio on the first five values.

The configuration is identical in the bios.

So my problem, I'm trying to have Erp Enable functional not causing the reboot after shutdown.

Do you have an idea ?

Attached is my config.plist and the debug.

Arrakis.zip

Edited by Arrakis

• Supervisor
21 minutes ago, Arrakis said:

Do you have an idea ?

could you try to disable Wake on USB in your bios and see if it is the same?

21 minutes ago, Arrakis said:

I'm trying to have Erp Enable functional not causing the reboot after shutdown.

in my rig if I use Wake on usb bios function I have the same 

image.thumb.png.6f2d91abe14df3e215046d280e1ef034.png

EDIT_

added pictures

also using OS happens!

OS has no those three options as Bios has

And resume By Usb if I am on BIOS option for wake up event produces the problem