fabiosun

https://github.com/Lucretia/hack-howto#no-access-to-iservices

I got my usb Ethernet adapter to work on all the iCloud services 🙂 . YEAHHHHHHHH. I follow the guide it was easy all I did was spoof my USB Ethernet adapter by adding the ssdt-rmne.aml to ACPI and NullEthernet to kext and I used Proper Three to commit and VOALA All Apple Services are  working on Ventura and Monterey 🙂

USB ETHERNET FIX .zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@valmeidait is an easy solution here (if this one is the working one with monterey and Ventura)

You have to add kernel patches useful for BigSur because here they are missing!

config.plist.zip 7.36 kB · 3 downloads

here is the same your working config with all kernel patches added for your CPU

Works like a champ. Thanks I can boot to Windows 11 , Big Sur , Monterey, Ventura from Open core :-). Now if I can get my aquatia or wireless card to work that would be amazing . Baby steps 

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@Simras

read and ask in this thread

many Gigabyte trx40 users here and also a couple of users with a 3990x well configured

then, if you like create a your own thread and I and others could try to help you to have your system alive & kicking 🙂

• +1 1

• Supervisor

unknown.png.b91b77ddb7340b5bd4ed079070c2cbcd.pngScreenshot_2022-08-08_at_9_43.39_PM.thumb.png.c62a4c95424184ad729f4855f2e1ca6c.png

Monterey and Ventura with same app and kexts

Last login: Mon Aug  8 21:45:05 on console
fabio@fabios-Mac-Pro ~ % kextstat | grep -v com.apple      
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   54    2 0                  0x2f000    0x2f000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.6.2) 264B15BE-8923-3A33-A9F5-8F0FFBB80595 <9 7 6 3 2 1>
   55    0 0                  0x20000    0x20000    wtf.spinach.AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement (0.7.1) 08416898-FC70-3057-9256-34AC0F79D0C0 <54 17 13 9 7 6 3 2 1>
   63    0 0                  0x1a000    0x1a000    as.vit9696.VirtualSMC (1.3.0) 40CF5E80-248F-35B7-833D-2DABF724B391 <54 16 9 7 6 3 1>
fabio@fabios-Mac-Pro ~ % 

Navi 2 is seen by HWMonitorSMC app with many of its features in Ventura 

In monterey no

App seems  not anymoreupdated and has some bug in Ventura 

It is interesting that using internal OSX IOKit for GPU, now with Ventura, many data are exposed!

• Ok 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated OC for about 6 months nor tried any of the Ventura Betas.

As Ventura is nearing final release it is time for me to have a play with it and try all the software I use.

Are there any patches, kexts or setting that must be added, deleted or changed to successfully run Monterey and Ventura. I deleted Big Sur ages ago so don't need anything BS only related?

Cheers.

• Supervisor

Ciao @Ploddles

if you download my efi in  OP you can see

basically an old patch to add and newer kext and opencore

also maxkernel for patches must be updated for ventura

you can download again from amd vanilla GitHub or use OCAT app to update your EFI

• Like 1

Thanks.

@fabiosununfortunately that doesn't work for me. I tried your EFI exactly as it is except for my own MIMO Whitelist, Memory details and Serial numbers. It let me boot into Monterey but when I try and boot into the Ventura setup it just immediately reboots and on next startup goes to the macOS Monterey Recovery Console.

It did the first part, copying the installer bits to the SSD from the installer USB but on the reboot to continue the setup that it where it just immediately reboots and goes to the Monterey Recovery Console.

Attached is my own EFI (updated to OC-0.8.5) that boots Monterey fine but with non of the necessary Ventura bits added. When you have a bit of spare time would you mind looking it over and adding/removing what is needed for Monterey & Ventura?

Thanks in advance.

• +1 1

Oof, decided to hop on the beta train with my TRX40 workstation (got a few macs and a few hacs that I jump between). Now I can't get past EXITBS. Before it was booting but stuck on a few steps after ioqueue_depth (something about TRIM). Anyone sitting on pointers?

Edited by 23d1