fabiosun

Finally back up and running as my 3970x failed and was replaced / returned under warranty, thank god. Gloriously still on Monterey 12.2.1. Still the only version with Aquantia working well!

Edited by Driftwood
  • Like 1
  • +1 2

11 hours ago, fabiosun said:

and overall disable this kext:

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

in beta 3 fails!

Is the only effect from this not being able to monitor clocks/temps and so forth, or are there performance losses due to the kext not being compatible?

On 7/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, Driftwood said:

Finally back up and running as my 3970x failed and was replaced / returned under warranty, thank god. Gloriously still on Monterey 12.2.1. Still the only version with Aquantia working well!

Does anyone know we’re I can download 12.2.1

16 hours ago, fabiosun said:

No performances loss

@valmeida

search for runmedownloader 

I have it and installed  Python 3.10.5 I get this error  "sudo: /usr/local/bin/python: command not found" when trying to execute it .  and " This tool requires the Python xattr module. Perhaps run `pip install xattr` to install it."

16 hours ago, fabiosun said:

RunMe_Downloader.zip

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 5.41.17 PM.png

Edited by valmeida

I end it up buying a Gigabyte Vision 10G card GC-AQC113C to try to get Monterey working. I installed the SSDT but no luck that was provided to me. I booted into windows so that I can get the PCI information below . Can someone look at the SSDT to make is correct for the PCI patch is correct. Any help greatly appreciated  

image.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 6.53.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 6.55.30 PM.png

SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml.zip config.plist.zip

• Moderators

Two issues.

First, I get the same error msg that @valmeida mentioned above even on Z690 system under Ventura when trying to use python. I'll give the RunMe_Downloader a try.

2nd issue: a couple of weeks ago, I updated the Big Sur drive to the latest 11.6.7 version and after it re-booted, the adjacent NVMe drive containing Ventura disappeared from the desktop. This past weekend I finally had time to investigate (I was too busy getting COVID for the 3rd time the previous week; so annoying!).

The Ventura drive was located in the M2_1 (CPU) slot; Big Sur is in the M2_2 (CPU) slot and Win11 is in the M2_3 (PCH) slot, as shown below on my MSI TRX40 Creator mobo:

MSI-TRX40-NVMe-Slots.thumb.jpg.2da1faa8948ffd898888534b38289ab6.jpg

To initially trouble-shoot, I swapped the Ventura and Big Sur drives with each other. The Ventura still did not show up on the desktop (nor was the Ventura drive visible within Disk Utility and it did not show up in BIOS). The faulty drive is a Sabrent Rocket Extreme 1TB NVMe SSD.

I removed the Ventura containing NVMe drive and placed inside an external NVMe SSD enclosure in order to test with the Z690 computer and a real Mac laptop. It did not show up on the Z690 desktop (both Big Sur and Ventura), but left connected to the laptop (Big Sur), it did appear on the desktop after 5-10 minutes. At this point, the drive tested ok, but its behavior is not normal, so I'm suspicious of it being faulty.

I then returned the Ventura containing drive to the MSI mobo. It still will not show in BIOS nor macOS. So I don't know if the mobo is faulty and somehow damaged the NVMe drive, or if the NVMe drive itself is the problem. The Big Sur NVMe works in either the M2_1 or the M2_2 slots, so this suggests that the mobo is working okay.

Lately, I've been buying WD_Black NVMe SSDs and they seem more trustworthy and seem to have more positive comments than the Sabrent drives.

Have any of you had similar problems?

• Supervisor
6 hours ago, iGPU said:

First, I get the same error msg that @valmeida mentioned above even on Z690 system under Ventura when trying to use python

This is solvable, Gengik84 helped some users to solve (i have to search in Italian thread)

https://www.macos86.it/topic/5794-python-e-monterey/?tab=comments#comment-131855

6 hours ago, iGPU said:

2nd issue: a couple of weeks ago, I updated the Big Sur drive to the latest 11.6.7 version and after it re-booted, the adjacent NVMe drive containing Ventura disappeared from the desktop. This past weekend I finally had time to investigate

this is a big problem unsolved also in a MSI X570 Carbon WIFI, it seems a problem connected to the Problem that all MSI x570 users had with second Monterey Beta

From an Update many Users had problem with NWME Slot (it seems) only solution for X570 Msi users was to downgrade to a very old bios (some skilled users talked about of an ACPI problem)

However is not  problem of faulty hardware, from your schema

it seems that from an OSX update people loose NVME used on M2 PCH slot and i am sure if you move your Sabrent in one of the two own by CPU it will work well again

I am lucky also here..only two slot in my rig (third NVME is on a thunderbolt cabinet)

image.thumb.png.5ab6f304518fbf9d0853007471ba2513.png

Edit:

@iGPUmissed your Bios part of message

it could be faulty then because people had that problem they have their hardware working well under Windoes or Linux OS

Edited by fabiosun
link to python thread
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Would you take a look if I have done something here with my efi.

MMIO mapped well.

Issues: With audio programs, like pro tools and audiogridder having a bunch of timeout problems, with the spinning beachball at the end, many cases pro tools doesn't respond on time and freezes.

This same kind of softwares on a real Mac work properly, no without any issues. Same versions same operating systems.

Deleted the maybe badly working ethernet kexts, now using an external usbC hub.

Computer cannot shutdown, this is maybe an usb mapping issue but could not solved following this thread:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/shutdown.html

(I could not find any _prw in my dsdt).

Last time I wrote I had booting issues, had to boot 3-4-5 time to have success. Once I unplugged my UA Apollo 16 thunderbolt interface, and this solved my problem. Now swapped to an usbC interface.

I had the flashed gigabyte card with the proper ssdt, IOreg was looking good, but this is not important now.

With the previous Catalina system I had a much stable system, but I had to upgrade because of the 6600xt videocard

thank you

EFI.zip

On 7/14/2022 at 1:24 AM, iGPU said:

Two issues.

First, I get the same error msg that @valmeida mentioned above even on Z690 system under Ventura when trying to use python. I'll give the RunMe_Downloader a try.

2nd issue: a couple of weeks ago, I updated the Big Sur drive to the latest 11.6.7 version and after it re-booted, the adjacent NVMe drive containing Ventura disappeared from the desktop. This past weekend I finally had time to investigate (I was too busy getting COVID for the 3rd time the previous week; so annoying!).

The Ventura drive was located in the M2_1 (CPU) slot; Big Sur is in the M2_2 (CPU) slot and Win11 is in the M2_3 (PCH) slot, as shown below on my MSI TRX40 Creator mobo:

MSI-TRX40-NVMe-Slots.thumb.jpg.2da1faa8948ffd898888534b38289ab6.jpg

To initially trouble-shoot, I swapped the Ventura and Big Sur drives with each other. The Ventura still did not show up on the desktop (nor was the Ventura drive visible within Disk Utility and it did not show up in BIOS). The faulty drive is a Sabrent Rocket Extreme 1TB NVMe SSD.

I removed the Ventura containing NVMe drive and placed inside an external NVMe SSD enclosure in order to test with the Z690 computer and a real Mac laptop. It did not show up on the Z690 desktop (both Big Sur and Ventura), but left connected to the laptop (Big Sur), it did appear on the desktop after 5-10 minutes. At this point, the drive tested ok, but its behavior is not normal, so I'm suspicious of it being faulty.

I then returned the Ventura containing drive to the MSI mobo. It still will not show in BIOS nor macOS. So I don't know if the mobo is faulty and somehow damaged the NVMe drive, or if the NVMe drive itself is the problem. The Big Sur NVMe works in either the M2_1 or the M2_2 slots, so this suggests that the mobo is working okay.

Lately, I've been buying WD_Black NVMe SSDs and they seem more trustworthy and seem to have more positive comments than the Sabrent drives.

Have any of you had similar problems?

Yeah I had a Sabrent Rocket 8TB m2 go down on me. I have come to the conclusion that their drives are not reliable (probably chipset and heat related). The MP600 I also use have been brilliant and 100% reliable. I wont be buying Sabrent again. Luckily, they changed ny 8tb out for a new one but not after going through weeks of backwards forwards  RMA process and a costly return to the states where you have to provide your own shipping delivery and pickup. It seems they have no support in Europe and  they will only deliver to a stateside address if you send it back to California.
Perhaps the first thing to do is confirm the drive is defo faulty - I actually bought one of their external m2 to USB C drive enclosures to confirm to them it was faulty.

Edited by Driftwood

Hello , I had a problem updating ventura beta 4 from ventura beta 3.

After the 3rd boot, it crashed. Reboot to Rescue Partition Beta 13.0

I disabled all kexts except Lilu and Virtual SMC.

Boot to rescue partition 13.0

Installation of 13.0 then update to beta 4 directly without problems.

Then activate the kexts one by one. I manage to boot Ventura 13.0 Beta 4. Mystery

As noted Here it's probably the kext BlueToolFixup (version 2.6.3)

I made a mistake, I should have erased the Ventura partition before reinstalling 13.0 because the system startup hangs for about thirty 40 seconds before opening the session. I'll do a clean install later.

I specify that I am under opencore 0.8.3 and the last versions kexts for Ventura.