fabiosun

Hi

Since a while I have booting issues . Every day at first time boot freezes almost in he same point, have to make 3-4 restarts, sometimes reboots by itself, but mainly have to hard reset it,  and then the system starts normally.

Tried to downgrade oc 0.8 to 0.7.9, but I have no more ideas.

During the day if I have to restart boots well, but today I had a 5-6 times reload issue also.

Hardware wise nothing changed.

Most of the time boot freezes at cpu point

Sometimes at thunderbolt (gigabyte card flashed)

And sometimes the system starts with black screen, but agdpmod pikera is setted up for the 6600xt

any ideas?

thank you

Photo May 16, 11 18 37.jpg

Photo May 16, 11 51 51.jpg

EFI.zip

• Supervisor
1 minute ago, fojerhar said:

No, sorry, Monterey , now updated to 12.4 with the same issues, will correct the signature

try to disable this

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

many users have problem with it in Monterey!

• Supervisor

this problem started with Monterey for you?

if so try to disconnect ethernet cable .. maybe you have the same problem many users have with ethernet card

I see also bombic.ccc writing in your panic (it should be something you use with Carbon Copy Cloner)

maybe an old version?

On 5/18/2022 at 4:56 PM, fabiosun said:

this problem started with Monterey for you?

if so try to disconnect ethernet cable .. maybe you have the same problem many users have with ethernet card

I see also bombic.ccc writing in your panic (it should be something you use with Carbon Copy Cloner)

maybe an old version?

Hi

It started few weeks ago, while I used Catalina mainly and Monterey was beta testing for me, because a bunch of audio applications were not working properly.

Monterey partition started to have this, then the Catalina startup drive (different nvme with different efi because of the kernel patches) made also.

Since then it became worse, I thing I had 12.2 at that time maybe. Until this, I had proper and fast boots)

I swapped only the video card in this times from rx580 to 6600xt

Tried unplugging the ethernet, doesn't helped.

The CCC, this drive was carbon copied 3 days ago with it, from a smaller nvme

Now using only Monterey, system seems fine for audio, deleted the Catalina (have a carbon copy on an external drive for safety)

btw both of my ethernet cards seems working properly

@Jaidy 

Suspend does not work on my Gigabyte TRX40 Designare configuration.

Sleep starts but 1 second later the system wakes up with black screens. I have to turn off the Hack at the on/off switch.

I haven't really tried to solve the problem because I avoid leaving my computers on standby as much as possible. When I have to perform video exports that take time, I schedule the shutdown of the computer.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arrakis said:

@Jaidy 

Suspend does not work on my Gigabyte TRX40 Designare configuration.

Sleep starts but 1 second later the system wakes up with black screens. I have to turn off the Hack at the on/off switch.

I haven't really tried to solve the problem because I avoid leaving my computers on standby as much as possible. When I have to perform video exports that take time, I schedule the shutdown of the computer.

That’s exactly the situation I have - system “wakes up” after a second or so to black screen

On 5/18/2022 at 6:56 PM, fabiosun said:

287406314_Screenshot2022-05-18at7_55_50PM.thumb.png.13f2c7a9185a8d42a93d68c37ca69438.png

all is fine with kernel patches again!

Can you test the Aquantia onboard again?

On 3/14/2022 at 3:55 AM, iGPU said:

I'm just getting back onto the forum after a hiatus (many reasons...).

Due to a "gut feeling" I stopped using Monterey betas a few months ago and settled on the official releases. The one I've been running is 12.2.1. I've been heavily using the TRX40 for many tasks and for the most part, there have been no issues.

However, on reading recent posts on this thread, there seem to be many issues with the Aquantia and I211 ports, especially with the latest Monterey beta releases. As a means of skirting the problem, I decided to try an AIC. Of the many I've tried (and those failed), this one (here) works well and it's not expensive (< 30 USD). It should allow speeds up to 2.5 Gb (my network is only 1 Gb). Until the latest Aquantia-Marvell 10Gb AQN113 AICs are available (the AQN113 is used on the latest M2 Macs and should work OOTB), I think this AIC may be a good interim substitute.

This AIC does require a special kext file: Mieze's kext (LucyRTL8125Ethernet). This can be downloaded via the Kext Updater app or on the InsanelyMac site (here; which also has a discussion about the RTL8125), but to save time I've added the version I downloaded last night as an attachment.

Do note that I've only tested on 12.2.1, so I don't know if there will be an issue on the more recent betas, but since it's dependent on a current kext file, i rather think it will still be functional. In the next couple of days, I take a spare drive and update it to the latest beta to further test.

Hackintool and Network Utility:

Realtek-RTL8125A.thumb.png.d1f13de601fc25fb10e1cf136688cff8.png

And with HackCheck:

HackCheck-Realtek-RTL8125A.thumb.png.e575945c116b4c46be46c73bdc9a1874.png

In case anyone is interested, I'll attach the SSDT used to re-name the D0C8 device to ETH2. But this SSDT will probably need adjustment of the device based on your mobo, which should be a trivial task using IORE.

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.zip 113.38 kB · 2 downloads

SSDT-TRX40-Realtek-RTL8125A.aml.zip 800 B · 2 downloads

Hi @iGPU Yeah I saw that. However, you should know, the Aquantia works fine in 12.2.1.    Its anything newer after that doesnt work

On 5/21/2022 at 10:48 AM, Jaidy said:

That’s exactly the situation I have - system “wakes up” after a second or so to black screen

@Jaidy looks like this is related to RGB function of the motherboard. MSI TRX40 Pro has no RGB onboard and has good sleep-wake. My AsRock TRX40 creator has the exact same issue with sleep and requires disabling the right USB port where the RGB controller is connected. I think the same goes for Gigabyte.

I used some config parts that @Rocket88created to get sleep working but it is still not 100% flawless, see attached zip. Unfortunately this goes a bit beyond my skills.

I think this is the relevant part:

Device (LED5)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x05)  // _ADR: Address
                    Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                    {
                        Zero, 
                        0xFF, 
                        Zero, 
                        Zero
                    })
                }

Archive 2.zip

Edited by Rox67er
added DSDT code

13 hours ago, Rox67er said:

@Jaidy looks like this is related to RGB function of the motherboard. MSI TRX40 Pro has no RGB onboard and has good sleep-wake. My AsRock TRX40 creator has the exact same issue with sleep and requires disabling the right USB port where the RGB controller is connected. I think the same goes for Gigabyte.

I used some config parts that @Rocket88created to get sleep working but it is still not 100% flawless, see attached zip. Unfortunately this goes a bit beyond my skills.

I think this is the relevant part:

Device (LED5)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x05)  // _ADR: Address
                    Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                    {
                        Zero, 
                        0xFF, 
                        Zero, 
                        Zero
                    })
                }

Archive 2.zip 2.13 kB · 1 download

Thank you very much. Let me check it and report back. I personally am not a fan of RGB, but that seems to be the zeitgeist 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Screenshot_2022-06-07_at_9_19.28_AM.thumb.png.f090ddabbc02075343c976cfb561e142.pngScreenshot_2022-06-07_at_9_19.51_AM.thumb.png.18a82259ec6225557206fc8c70218cfe.pngScreenshot_2022-06-07_at_9_19.08_AM.thumb.png.6fe4f5cc3c4342e0ef9c907e0ba18bc3.png

In latest step of installation I have this

it seems not related to AMD Kernel patches but I can't login in Ventura!

There are 2 updates to Lilu and VirtualSMC that are supposed to help with 13 (and the  "-lilubetaall" boot argument is not required).

Maybe these will help you?