fabiosun

On 2/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, Rox67er said:

Yes off course, no problem. Always good to have a starting point for new users.

Attached my IOReg.

Swapped Wifi / BT for MacOS compatible one, airdrop/handoff/apple watch unlock all working. So this is an onboard solution and thus onboard WiFi/BT is enabled. (Just to intel anymore) More details here: https://www.macos86.it/topic/2675-proxmox-ve-osx-guide-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=76704

Regards, Roger.

Fabulous! That is definitely worth looking into. Are you doing bare metal mostly or proxmox/kvm primarily? The Asrock TRX40 Creator has been somewhat loopy for me with KVM since I upgraded the BIOS, and seems like passthrough of CPU isn't as fast as it used to be (used to be faster than Bare Metal for me on AMD Threadripper 3990x, plus with KVM I could sleep the machine and have all threads enabled—not to mention not having to reboot for OS switching).

19 hours ago, 23d1 said:

Fabulous! That is definitely worth looking into. Are you doing bare metal mostly or proxmox/kvm primarily? The Asrock TRX40 Creator has been somewhat loopy for me with KVM since I upgraded the BIOS, and seems like passthrough of CPU isn't as fast as it used to be (used to be faster than Bare Metal for me on AMD Threadripper 3990x, plus with KVM I could sleep the machine and have all threads enabled—not to mention not having to reboot for OS switching).

Started this adventure on proxmox, mostly working ok. When OpenCore patches became available for TRX40 I ran in parallel for a short while but since all my apps where working on bare metal I saw no need for the extra complexity and switched over. Have been pretty happy overall with the experience and upgrading OS is mostly straightforward with some help on this forum. The WiFi drop in card was definitely worth it. 😉

• +1 2

29 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Aquantia still dead even with latest patches on 12.3 beta 2

Failure! And can freeze Monterey requiring reboot. Reduced to using WIFI now with Lucy kext and Monterey Aquantia patch not working! 🙂

1330690061_patchaquantiamonterey.thumb.jpg.3823bc237b7230c680994bfebc4bf8c0.jpg

Im having the same issue can not get my Aquantina card to work on Monetary 

Perhaps if we update the Aquantia fw/Windows drivers (I know Asrock TRX40 Creator have an updated fw/driver on their site for Windows 11 ), then the Monterey beta 12.3 betas driver may tally up with it and work? Ill try this out over the next few days unless someone wants to do it quickly. I think you can roll back the Aquantia fw update driver to Windows 10 if it fails.

21 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Perhaps if we update the Aquantia fw/Windows drivers (I know Asrock TRX40 Creator have an updated fw/driver on their site for Windows 11 ), then the Monterey beta 12.3 betas driver may tally up with it and work? Ill try this out over the next few days unless someone wants to do it quickly. I think you can roll back the Aquantia fw update driver to Windows 10 if it fails.

I would give it a try but need to  research how to do it .

• Supervisor
6 minutes ago, Rox67er said:

Missed part of the Aquantia discussion, is it only an issue with 12.3 beta? I'm running Aquantia on 12.2.1 without any issue.

Hi

12.3.x has many problems with different ethernet adapters

@valmeidahas some problem also from 12.01 ..but it seems an isolate problem (maybe different and unsupported id for Aquantia Asus board)

On 2/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, Driftwood said:

Did you ever get it to work? I have tried in all flavors of Monterey  beta including yesterday beta 4 no luck. It works like a champ one Big Sur.