fabiosun

Despite enabling above 4G and Resize BAR to Auto, nVidia control panel still claims Resizable BAR is a 'No' . So did Gigabyte really enable anything?

image.png.ae0f55a640543ba67b74afef2ce077be.png

p.s.

Looks the fault maybe Nvidia's

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/#:~:text=New+GeForce+RTX+graphics+cards,graphics+cards+starting+in+March.?ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-14DiO6CW5Ks.pbuyh7AETA

Why not include support for Threadripper and TRX40?

Edited by meina222
  • Sad 1

• Supervisor

Yep

no studio version is locked to only one GPU

about first 24 FPS you have to unlock project settings 

by default it is locked to 24fps

put  240 or similar in project settings and if you can try again

on luxmark great results indeed

• Supervisor

I knew that resolve would be use them separately..but I have no more a dual gpu rig by years ( I have had 2 Titan Z gpu, for  gpu in a dual GPU system)

Never used in SLI condition

His main problem is he uses a "free" not studio version (I think it is limited on only one Gpu and some noise effects could not apply)

@meina222if you send a 3090 I could send a Davinci Dongle...I have two of this stuff 😂

Edited by fabiosun
joking :)

@meina222 Just to confirm:

1) Upgrading your Designare BIOS to F4p changed the MMIO map

2) Even after upgrading, you haven't been able to take advantage of resizable BAR on your 3090s?

I have a similar setup (but with EVGA 3090s instead of FE). I was tempted to upgrade my BIOS, but it sounds like it might not be worth the hassle for now. 

@jncasey

I have not checked the MMIO map, but I am 100% it did as my PCI id's changed and I upgraded from a non-standard BIOS f4h, which had already different maps compared to f4c and f4l. Also f4p is coming with its own annoying issues such as increased boot time (cycling longer through codes, especially the dreaded 9A about which there is a thread on the Gigabyte forum) and also I use Proxmox - now when rebooting the host after a VM that owned a USB controller shuts, the board gets stuck on 9A and refuses to post back (reset would not work, one needs to shut off power to get that USB to initialize). I raised an issue to Gigabyte. For many, this 9A code became a no-post issue even w/out Proxmox based on the feedback on the Gigabyte board.

Resize BAR is not enabled on the 3090s as far as I can tell. This, however, is more likely NVIDIA's fault - they do not list TRX40 and Threadripper Castle Peak as being added to Resizable Bar support - seems the driver itself has to support this.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/#:~:text=New+GeForce+RTX+graphics+cards,graphics+cards+starting+in+March.?ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-14DiO6CW5Ks.pbuyh7AETA

In short: I would not upgrade to f4p and I am considering rolling back to f4h (depending on what Gigabyte says - I don't have much faith in them releasing a quick fix, their BIOS development is terribly slow).

Edited by meina222
  • +1 1

I just upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.7.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the name of the processor in the information window. Even if it's not the right one and the frequency is better than seeing "unknown".

The 2021 Mac Pro is my "work". 😅I know it's cosmetic information but it's nicer ...😀

Of course my SMBIOS is iMacPro1,1.     Here is my EFI.

383146248_Capturedcran2021-03-1308_22_51.jpg.be5d9b4ea6f44f91d31fae88e6e67bdb.jpg

Edited by fabiosun
EFI removed (added in OP)
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 1

• Supervisor
1 hour ago, Rdak said:

How is the current Adobe apps working in TRX40 build with Big Sur? Really wants to build one for PP and AE.

Pretty well (almost perfectly) till 2020 CC release with some patching to do

Adobe Photoshop 2021 has many problems, new features like neural philters do not work

not production ready for amd cpu

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Pretty well (almost perfectly) till 2020 CC release with some patching to do

Adobe Photoshop 2021 has many problems, new features like neural philters do not work

not production ready for amd cpu

Do you mean patches are currently available for 2020 CC? Or that we are waiting for someone to do them? Where can I find them, if they are available? Thank you.

• Supervisor

a bit off topic...

rsizable bar active now...

it needs new drivers and new firmware for rtx 3xxx series and motherboard bios

image.png.7d2f12db0c9f78bcad00d11b603f639d.png

and temps for memory is always the same also with new firmware:

image.thumb.png.26cbbf35aa4368ddd56f52ebf84f9b09.png

image.png.c386a52d357df42c6cab5e5818d93191.png

• +1 1

Hi,  I am trying to configure opencore for a baremetal  setup of Catalina. What I am ultimately trying to achieve  is to have the ability of running either vmware fusion or paralles  ( I know that up to a certain version they come with their own hypervisor so they would not require VT-D). Having a baremetal installer would be my first step into  building an installer working under an Unraid VM  with a cpu passthrough mode).  I managed  to install MacOS in a VM already, but the current installer is set to work with a Penryn Intel CPU (emulated by KVM in Unraid)  and that does not allow me to run  any additional hypervisor inside my VM, which I need as I need to use the windows Outlook, together with some Outlook plugins.

I have a threadripper 3970x with a  Gigabyte TRX40 Designare V 1.0 mobo.  I have been trying to follow the guide for creating the config.plist but I could not find detailed instructions on the creation of the  proper SSDT file to be used. The one for the "Zen" class of processor  does not boot my system.  Instructions on the opencore  guide do not provide specific details for the 3d gen threadripper. Can anybody here provide me with the file or point me to a proper guide? All the posted EFI configuration files seem to have been deleted on this thread. I followed it for about 20 pages, not sure if they are available later on, if so, please just point them out to me (thanks).

Moreover  If you think my approach is flawed, and you know better, please feel free to  put me in the right direction :))

Thanks in advance,

Renato

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches