Proxmox VE OSX Guide discussion

fabiosun

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, mclarenf1 said:

I have followed the tutorial but when I launch the VM it just hangs on the Apple logo.  Then after a long while it says 'no VNC'.  I suspect the hanging on the Apple logo without installing OS X is the real issue.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!!

Usually when I've seen this, it's OpenCore settings. If the config.plist file is corrupted or inconsistent parts from different builds (such as OpenCore.efi and BOOTx64.efi not from same commit) or settings within OC are off or a problem with the VM.

For the first, I only use PlistEdit Pro (I've created corrupted config files using OpenCore Configurator; I avoid it except for using as a tool to update SMBIOS data). The second problem is fixed by running Pavo's OpenCore Builder and using the latest v060 (or v061) commit to have a uniform build.

The third issue varies a bit with mobo, but most TRX40 are pretty similar. Shown in Spoiler are the basic settings I'm using. You also need to ensure that you have the correct Kernel Patches enabled.

Spoiler

616291628_ScreenShot2020-08-05at8_11_08AM.png.6375040e3ed818c00d5809fe9641c34d.png

Finally, make sure you have a proper 'args' setting in your VM. If you do a sloppy cut and paste, you can find that maybe only a partial 'args' statement was actually pasted (I've made this error).

Edited by iGPU

• Supervisor

@mclarenf1

which tutorial have you followed?

if you have followed guide here you have Apple logo only after first installation steps passed

opencore efi we propose has verbose mode active

check well all steps you do to prepare installation

it needs few minutes of a bit of attention👍

• Like 1

@fabiosun that seems about right - this is what I did too. Try following the steps I posted to purge the 5.8 kernel. I am doubtful this is what's causing issues but one never knows - if your High Sierra stops showing odd issues, it might be. There will be plenty of new versions of 5.8 coming in the weeks ahead to fix issues so I will make builds as they come online.

After a cold reboot my sleep is finally working. I suspect that some some device went into a power state that prevented from sleeping - USB controller or other. 100% sure it's the motherboard / devices and not Linux itself. FInally I can try the rtcwake hook - with 5.4 I would not wake up from sleep for reasons unknown.

• +1 1

I made the Proxmox experimental branch with kernel 5.8 available on my personal github

https://github.com/mdjabirov/pve-edge-kernel/blob/linux-5.8/README.md

I also added instructions on how to build it yourself. If someone  has enough diskspace (10-20G for the compiler cache) on his/her Proxmox host, and would like to go through the exercise I'd appreciate  it, so I can see if it works and fix any omissions in the steps described.

I will not publish official releases. Any official .deb files should be downloaded from Proxmox or Fabian's repo.  If you choose to try it, you should download and build it yourself.

I can add instructions on how to add patches (such as the AMD reset patch) if anyone is interested.

• Like 2

• Supervisor

Hi @meina222thank you for previous link

i will try as soon I can

i would like to suggest to insert in your read me also revert method to older kernel you posted here only in a worst case People have to revert
Also  I would like to ask if in a clean and initial proxmox installation your script downloads all dependencies we need to build new kernel

Thank you again for your help To improve our discussion

• Like 1

So after a full 1 1/2 days of basically redoing everything from scratch, using VM Assistant (thanks fabiosun and genki84) over the Proxmox installer (latest BS), and running into almost every problem I had originally thought I solved, I now have BS4(?) running and booting purely on the NVME drive with no virtual disk, or EFI from proxmox.

Everything is running stable, except the WiFi from the Broadcom card, which I realized that it's actually not the card itself, but Big Sur. Apparently Big Sur bricked WiFi for a ton of BC cards.

Post Discussing Fixing the Kext Fix.

It also involves accessing the root volume, getting CSR disabled, and a lot more fun. I did all the steps for the fix, but it's still not working currently for me, but I'm using ethernet from the ethernet port, so I'm not stressed. All iServices work as well.

I personally would not recommend BS currently - it seems like with the new method of how they are handling root disk access, there's likely going to be a lot of future changes that may or may not break things. 

My ethernet also kept reverting to a self-assigned nic, so it set things back a bit.

One of the early major roadblocks was actually taking a working VM that I had thought I had everything working through console, and then when passing back the GPU, it would not boot and was constantly stuck on [PCIE Passthrough] on the bootloader, and ultimately (half a day later), fixed it by having to blacklist amdgpu again - it would not boot past that no matter what I tried, and blacklisting was the last resort. 

image.png.5ce88c149bb8457802f929bc1da59179.png

Currently not passing through the full USB port, but just USB devices (keyboard/mouse). Will likely pass it through later.

03:00 is GPU, 4a:00 is NVME, 4b:00 is Broadcom PCIe, 44:00 is Aq Ethernet

vm.conf

args: -device isa-applesmc,osk="**" -smbios type=2 -device usb-kbd,bus=ehci.0,port=2 -cpu host,+invtsc,vendor=GenuineIntel

balloon: 0

bios: ovmf

boot: c

bootdisk: virtio0

cores: 64

cpu: host

hookscript: local:snippets/reset-gpu.pl

hostpci0: 03:00,pcie=1,x-vga=1,romfile=vegafrontier.rom

hostpci1: 4a:00.0

hostpci2: 4b:00.0,pcie=1

hostpci3: 44:00.0,pcie=1

localtime: 1

machine: q35

memory: 49152

name: mac-x

numa: 1

ostype: other

scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci

smbios1:

sockets: 1

usb0: host=0461:4dd7

usb1: host=1d57:5280

usb2: host=05ac:828d

usb3: host=0a5c:4500

vga: none

vmgenid

blacklist.conf

blacklist snd_hda_codec_hdmi 

blacklist snd_hda_intel

blacklist snd_hda_codec 

blacklist snd_hda_core 

# blacklist radeon 

blacklist amdgpu 

blacklist btusb 

blacklist snd-usb-audio 

blacklist bcma 

blacklist xhci_hcd

• +1 1

• Supervisor

@Driftwoodreading about an old Asrock TRX40 creator (1.40 release)

in their improvement description they said better support for thunderbolt card (or similar)

Then they have changed with actual description.. 🙂

@meina222

cloning by now..I have had only this error following your steps:

1712027663_ScreenShot2020-08-07at11_17_11.png.e5a360feda64568399371a501880e611.png

but cloning is on by now

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I have checked my .conf files over and over.  I still get Apple Logo only.  I can hear the hard drive hitting the same dead end sound over and over.  Here is my conf

args: -device isa-applesmc,osk="ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" -smbios type=2 -device usb-kbd,bus=ehci.0,port=2 -cpu Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,+hypervisor,+invtsc,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+fma,+fma4,+bmi1,+bmi2,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check

balloon: 0

bios: ovmf

bootdisk: ide2

cores: 24

cpu: Penryn

efidisk0: local-lvm:vm-302-disk-1,size=4M

ide0: local:iso/Catalina-installer.iso,cache=unsafe,size=2087356K

ide2: local:iso/OpenCore.iso,cache=unsafe,size=150M

machine: q35

memory: 65568

name: catalina

net0: vmxnet3=FA:96:55:7F:95:44,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1

numa: 0

ostype: other

sata0: local-lvm:vm-302-disk-0,cache=unsafe,discard=on,size=100G,ssd=1

scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci

smbios1: uuid=a2ec5a98-03a3-41d7-87a8-f3325724064d

sockets: 1

vga: vmware

vmgenid: 7cc0a896-a2fa-48ca-948f-06ba3dd5e84f

• Supervisor

hi @mclarenf1if you have 64 Gb of ram you have to put less in your vm config

then if you want put your EFI without apple folder which are you using to boot

ah also your cores number seems weird

you have a 24+24 cpu so you can use 48 or you can use sockets=2

by the way some 3960x users said they can't pass in socket 1 and 48 their CPU and they have had to do different combination with cores and sockets number

but..if you see apple logo..you are a step on 🙂

• Like 1

fabiosun Thank you for helping.  I have do have 64 gigs or ram.  I will lower that for the VM.  I am not sure what you mean by putting my EFI folder without Apple folder.  Where do I find that?  I have a 3960 with 24 cores.  How should I list this?  I think you are asking me to list it as 48.  I will try that.  

• Supervisor

I mean you use an OpenCore.iso to try to install

How do you produce this?

you can try to download one with VM assistant app you can find in download area

this will allow you to see a verbose a not only Apple logo

in this way it will be possible to unsderstand better 

in your VM I can't see any usb device passed, so you shouldn't have a mouse and a keyboard also if you pass your initial hang

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mclarenf1 said:

fabiosun Thank you for helping.  I have do have 64 gigs or ram.  I will lower that for the VM.  I am not sure what you mean by putting my EFI folder without Apple folder.  Where do I find that?  I have a 3960 with 24 cores.  How should I list this?  I think you are asking me to list it as 48.  I will try that.  

I think fabiosun is referring to your EFI partition. The EFI partition should contain an EFI folder, inside of which are BOOT and OC folders. Occasionally, you'll also find an Apple folder along with those two folders inside the EFI folder. You can delete the Apple folder if present. But until you boot in macOS, you can't adjust the EFI folder.

You should change "cores: 24" to "cores: 48", leaving "socket: 1". And set the memory to "memory: 32768" (that will show up as 32GB on the Mac side; the memory intervals I use are 32768 / 65536 / 131072).

Edited by iGPU

• Moderators
13 hours ago, tsongz said:

So after a full 1 1/2 days of basically redoing everything from scratch, using VM Assistant (thanks fabiosun and genki84) over the Proxmox installer (latest BS), and running into almost every problem I had originally thought I solved, I now have BS4(?) running and booting purely on the NVME drive with no virtual disk, or EFI from proxmox.

Everything is running stable, except the WiFi from the Broadcom card, which I realized that it's actually not the card itself, but Big Sur. Apparently Big Sur bricked WiFi for a ton of BC cards.

Post Discussing Fixing the Kext Fix.

It also involves accessing the root volume, getting CSR disabled, and a lot more fun. I did all the steps for the fix, but it's still not working currently for me, but I'm using ethernet from the ethernet port, so I'm not stressed. All iServices work as well.

I personally would not recommend BS currently - it seems like with the new method of how they are handling root disk access, there's likely going to be a lot of future changes that may or may not break things. 

My ethernet also kept reverting to a self-assigned nic, so it set things back a bit.

One of the early major roadblocks was actually taking a working VM that I had thought I had everything working through console, and then when passing back the GPU, it would not boot and was constantly stuck on [PCIE Passthrough] on the bootloader, and ultimately (half a day later), fixed it by having to blacklist amdgpu again - it would not boot past that no matter what I tried, and blacklisting was the last resort.

I've not had any issues with BT/Wifi and Big Sur, and have not had to resort to using Terminal commands to get it working. Some people have had problems with Big Sur and AirportBrcmFixup.kext. The attached fix has help some of them.

You might try adding this for DeviceProperties (changing the address based on your Hackintool results for the Broadcom card in your mobo:

Spoiler

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x10,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
				<string>Built in</string>
				<key>built-in</key>
				<data>
				AA==
				</data>
				<key>compatible</key>
				<string>pci14e4,43ba</string>
				<key>device-id</key>
				<data>
				ukMAAA==
				</data>
				<key>device_type</key>
				<string>Network Controller</string>
				<key>model</key>
				<string>BCM4352 802.11ac Network Adapter</string>
				<key>name</key>
				<string>Broadcom BCM4352 BT / Wifi Adapter</string>
			</dict>

Also, just to clarify, I use the following kexts for BT/WiFi (AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector is in a plug-in folder inside AirportBrcmFixup):

BT-WiFi-kexts.jpg.d15efc0eab5c240f18297c8f3e7ee1a2.jpg

Edited by iGPU
Added kext description.

@fabiosun - thank you for your help. It's difficult for me to test this without doing a clean install of Proxmox as I added these packages over time and some might be missing from my list of pre-requisites.

Could you check if you have dpkg-dev installed via "apt list dpkg-dev" ? If not do "apt install dpkg-dev".

Then retry build via "make clean && make"

Edited by meina222

• Supervisor
35 minutes ago, meina222 said:

@fabiosun - thank you for your help. It's difficult for me to test this without doing a clean install of Proxmox as I added these packages over time and some might be missing from my list of pre-requisites.

Could you check if you have dpkg-dev installed via "apt list dpkg-dev" ? If not do "apt install dpkg-dev".

Then retry build via "make clean && make"

root@proxmox:~# apt list dpkg-dev
Listing... Done
dpkg-dev/testing 1.20.5 all
N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it
root@proxmox:~# apt install dpkg-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  binutils binutils-common binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu cpp cpp-9 fakeroot gcc
  gcc-10-base gcc-9 gcc-9-base glusterfs-common libalgorithm-diff-perl
  libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl libalgorithm-merge-perl libanyevent-perl libapt-pkg-perl
  libapt-pkg6.0 libasan5 libatomic1 libauthen-pam-perl libbinutils libc-bin
  libc-dev-bin libc-l10n libc6 libcbor0 libcc1-0 libclone-perl libcommon-sense-perl
  libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl libcrypt-openssl-random-perl
  libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl libcrypt1 libctf-nobfd0 libctf0
  libdpkg-perl libfakeroot libfido2-1 libfile-fcntllock-perl libfilesys-df-perl
  libgcc-9-dev libgcc-s1 libgfapi0 libgfchangelog0 libgfrpc0 libgfxdr0 libglusterd0
  libglusterfs0 libgomp1 libhtml-parser-perl libisl22 libitm1 libjson-xs-perl
  liblinux-inotify2-perl liblocale-gettext-perl liblsan0 libmpc3 libmpfr6
  libnet-dbus-perl libnet-ssleay-perl libperl5.30 libquadmath0 libreadline8
  librrds-perl libstdc++6 libtemplate-perl libterm-readline-gnu-perl
  libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl libtsan0 libubsan1 liburcu6 libuuid-perl
  libxml-libxml-perl libxml-parser-perl locales openssh-client openssh-server
  openssh-sftp-server perl perl-base perl-modules-5.30 runit-helper
Suggested packages:
  binutils-doc cpp-doc gcc-9-locales debian-keyring gcc-multilib manpages-dev
  autoconf automake libtool flex bison gdb gcc-doc gcc-9-multilib gcc-9-doc
  libev-perl libevent-perl libio-async-perl libpoe-perl libtask-weaken-perl
  glibc-doc bzr libdata-dump-perl iwatch libtemplate-plugin-gd-perl
  libtemplate-plugin-xml-perl keychain libpam-ssh monkeysphere ssh-askpass
  molly-guard ufw perl-doc libtap-harness-archive-perl
Recommended packages:
  build-essential libc6-dev | libc-dev libc6-dev libasync-interrupt-perl libev-perl
  | libevent-perl libguard-perl apt manpages-dev xauth
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libacl1-dev libattr1-dev libc6-dev libglusterfs-dev libpve-access-control
  libpve-cluster-api-perl libpve-guest-common-perl libpve-storage-perl
  libpve-u2f-server-perl librados2-perl proxmox-ve pve-cluster pve-container
  pve-firewall pve-ha-manager pve-manager qemu-server
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  binutils binutils-common binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu cpp cpp-9 dpkg-dev fakeroot gcc
  gcc-10-base gcc-9 gcc-9-base libalgorithm-diff-perl libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl
  libalgorithm-merge-perl libapt-pkg6.0 libasan5 libatomic1 libbinutils libcbor0
  libcc1-0 libcrypt1 libctf-nobfd0 libctf0 libdpkg-perl libfakeroot libfido2-1
  libfile-fcntllock-perl libgcc-9-dev libgcc-s1 libglusterd0 libgomp1 libisl22
  libitm1 liblsan0 libmpc3 libmpfr6 libperl5.30 libreadline8 libtsan0 libubsan1
  perl-modules-5.30 runit-helper
The following packages will be upgraded:
  glusterfs-common libanyevent-perl libapt-pkg-perl libauthen-pam-perl libc-bin
  libc-dev-bin libc-l10n libc6 libclone-perl libcommon-sense-perl
  libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl libcrypt-openssl-random-perl
  libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl libfilesys-df-perl libgfapi0
  libgfchangelog0 libgfrpc0 libgfxdr0 libglusterfs0 libhtml-parser-perl
  libjson-xs-perl liblinux-inotify2-perl liblocale-gettext-perl libnet-dbus-perl
  libnet-ssleay-perl libquadmath0 librrds-perl libstdc++6 libtemplate-perl
  libterm-readline-gnu-perl libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl liburcu6
  libuuid-perl libxml-libxml-perl libxml-parser-perl locales openssh-client
  openssh-server openssh-sftp-server perl perl-base
43 upgraded, 42 newly installed, 17 to remove and 470 not upgraded.
Need to get 22.3 MB/79.2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 135 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libgfxdr0 amd64 8.0-2 [2,761 kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libglusterfs0 amd64 8.0-2 [3,027 kB]
Get:3 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libgfrpc0 amd64 8.0-2 [2,788 kB]
Get:4 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libgfapi0 amd64 8.0-2 [2,813 kB]
Get:5 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libgfchangelog0 amd64 8.0-2 [2,768 kB]
Get:6 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 libglusterd0 amd64 8.0-2 [2,747 kB]                      
Get:7 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 liburcu6 amd64 0.12.1-1 [70.3 kB]                        
Get:8 http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 glusterfs-common amd64 8.0-2 [5,358 kB]                  
Fetched 22.3 MB in 50s (444 kB/s)                                                                                  
W: (pve-apt-hook) !! WARNING !!
W: (pve-apt-hook) You are attempting to remove the meta-package 'proxmox-ve'!
W: (pve-apt-hook) 
W: (pve-apt-hook) If you really want to permanently remove 'proxmox-ve' from your system, run the following command
W: (pve-apt-hook)       touch '/please-remove-proxmox-ve'
W: (pve-apt-hook) run apt purge proxmox-ve to remove the meta-package
W: (pve-apt-hook) and repeat your apt invocation.
W: (pve-apt-hook) 
W: (pve-apt-hook) If you are unsure why 'proxmox-ve' would be removed, please verify
W: (pve-apt-hook)       - your APT repository settings
W: (pve-apt-hook)       - that you are using 'apt full-upgrade' to upgrade your system
E: Sub-process /usr/share/proxmox-ve/pve-apt-hook returned an error code (1)
E: Failure running script /usr/share/proxmox-ve/pve-apt-hook
root@proxmox:~#

root@proxmox:~# dir
gruppi.sh  pve-edge-headers-5.7.8-1_5.7.8-1_amd64.deb  pve-edge-kernel  pve-edge-kernel-5.7.8-1-zen2_5.7.8-1_amd64.deb
root@proxmox:~# cd pve-edge-kernel
root@proxmox:~/pve-edge-kernel# make clean && make
Using build type: zen2
make: dpkg-architecture: No such file or directory
rm -rf *~ build *.prepared config-5.8.0.org
rm -f *.deb *.changes *.buildinfo
Using build type: zen2
rm -rf build/linux linux.prepared
mkdir -p build
cp -a submodules/linux build/linux
cp -a debian-kernel/debian debian-kernel/debian.master build/linux/
cat build/linux/debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu build/linux/debian.master/config//config.common. build/linux/debian.master/config//config.flavour.generic > config-5.8.0.org
cat: build/linux/debian.master/config//config.common.: No such file or directory
cat: build/linux/debian.master/config//config.flavour.generic: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:117: linux.prepared] Error 1
root@proxmox:~/pve-edge-kernel#

• Like 1

Bummer. Do me a favor:

remove or comment in /etc/apt/sources.list the line 'deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing non-free contrib main'

followed up by 'apt update'

You no longer need that if you installed 

apt install -t testing dwarves

I may need to do a clean Proxmox install and check what's missing. I'll update.

Edited by meina222

• Supervisor
root@proxmox:~/pve-edge-kernel# nano /etc/apt/sources.list
root@proxmox:~/pve-edge-kernel# apt update
Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:2 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster InRelease                                              
Hit:3 http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster InRelease                                                        
Get:4 http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease [51.9 kB]
Fetched 51.9 kB in 1s (61.2 kB/s)   
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
75 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
root@proxmox:~/pve-edge-kernel#

then?

• Like 1

The dpkg-dev should have made the 

error disappear

There must be something else.

If you do

apt list build-essential asciidoc-base bison flex libdw-dev libelf-dev libiberty-dev libnuma-dev libslang2-dev libssl-dev lz4 xmlto zlib1g-dev dh-make dh-python lintian sphinx-common dpkg-dev

what is the output you get?

• Supervisor
root@proxmox:~# apt list build-essential asciidoc-base bison flex libdw-dev libelf-dev libiberty-dev libnuma-dev libslang2-dev libssl-dev lz4 xmlto zlib1g-dev dh-make dh-python lintian sphinx-common dpkg-dev
Listing... Done
asciidoc-base/stable 8.6.10-3 all
bison/stable 2:3.3.2.dfsg-1 amd64
build-essential/stable 12.6 amd64
dh-make/stable 2.201802 all
dh-python/stable 3.20190308 all
dpkg-dev/stable 1.19.7 all
flex/stable 2.6.4-6.2 amd64
libdw-dev/stable 0.176-1.1 amd64
libelf-dev/stable 0.176-1.1 amd64
libiberty-dev/stable 20190122-1 amd64
libnuma-dev/stable 2.0.12-1 amd64
libslang2-dev/stable 2.3.2-2 amd64
libssl-dev/stable,stable 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 amd64
lintian/stable 2.15.0 all
lz4/stable 1.8.3-1 amd64
sphinx-common/stable 1.8.4-1 all
xmlto/stable 0.0.28-2.1 amd64
zlib1g-dev/stable 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1 amd64

• Like 1

• Supervisor
5 minutes ago, meina222 said:

Hmm. It looks ok. When you just run 'dpkg-architecture' what do you see?

root@proxmox:~# dpkg-architecture
-bash: dpkg-architecture: command not found

• Like 1

Yes this is the problem. This should be installed. You should see the 'installed' suffix on each of the listed packages below. 

If you run

apt list build-essential asciidoc-base bison flex libdw-dev libelf-dev libiberty-dev libnuma-dev libslang3-dev libssl-dev lz4 xmlto zlib1g-dev dh-make dh-python lintian sphinx-common dwarves
Listing... Done
asciidoc-base/stable,stable,now 8.6.10-3 all [installed]
bison/stable,stable,now 2:3.3.2.dfsg-1 amd64 [installed]
build-essential/stable,stable,now 12.6 amd64 [installed]
dh-make/stable,stable,now 2.201802 all [installed]
dh-python/stable,stable,now 3.20190308 all [installed]
dwarves/now 1.17-1 amd64 [installed,local]
flex/stable,stable,now 2.6.4-6.2 amd64 [installed]
libdw-dev/stable,stable,now 0.176-1.1 amd64 [installed]
libelf-dev/stable,stable,now 0.176-1.1 amd64 [installed]
libiberty-dev/stable,stable,now 20190122-1 amd64 [installed]
libnuma-dev/stable,stable,now 2.0.12-1 amd64 [installed]
libssl-dev/stable,stable,stable,stable,now 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 amd64 [installed]
lintian/stable,stable,now 2.15.0 all [installed]
lz4/stable,stable,now 1.8.3-1 amd64 [installed]
sphinx-common/stable,stable,now 1.8.4-1 all [installed]
xmlto/stable,stable,now 0.0.28-2.1 amd64 [installed]
zlib1g-dev/stable,stable,now 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1 amd64 [installed]

apt install build-essential asciidoc-base bison flex libdw-dev libelf-dev libiberty-dev libnuma-dev libslang2-dev libssl-dev lz4 xmlto zlib1g-dev dh-make dh-python lintian sphinx-common dwarves dpkg-dev

should give you:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

which means all pre-requisites are installed.

Edited by meina222