Proxmox VE OSX Guide discussion

fabiosun

For anyone wanting to swap their nics around for Proxmox. For some reason of mis-selection Proxmox installed its default gateway on my fast Aquantia nic, and I wanted to swap it over to the other Realtek nic in my mobo so I could passthrough the Aquantia to MacOS). Here's how.

Use 'lspci' to check which network card is which. In Proxmox use the pve> 'Network' tab and the SHELL cli :

Use 'ip a' to get a listing of current Default Gateway and IP being used by Proxmox.

Take a look at your current /etc/network/interfaces (use nano but dont change stuff here, CTR X without saving), notice here in this example that interfaces use enp68s0 and is bridge ported to vmbr0. 

I want to be able to swap/change enp68s0 (A fast 10G Aquantia nic currently 'taken' by the proxmox host) to a 2.5G Realtek on enp70s0. Note enp70s0 is currently not active.

The Linux Bridge using old nic selection (BEFORE)

330742644_originalnicBEFOREchange.jpg.c47a6fad76b40f705ea2da82f6bf2eec.jpg

----------------------BEFORE ---------------------------
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp68s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.134
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.254
    bridge_ports enp68s0
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0

iface enp70s0 inet manual
--------------------------------------------

Lets issue a ip link show command and see whats going on BEFORE the change we're about to swapover nics. 

root@pve:~# ip link show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: enp70s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether a8:a1:59:16:33:85 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: enp68s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master vmbr0 state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether a8:a1:59:16:33:87 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
4: wlp69s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 50:eb:71:77:e7:fa brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
5: vmbr0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000

Now Ill show you how to to edit in Network tab, or CLI to discover how I got to the results of AFTER the swapover below;-

Edit each network device to make sure they each have their own IP (the enp68s0 will keep its current details so you can leave it alone, but remove its gateway because the other nic is going to be default gateway). The nic you are swapping to will now have a Default Gateway to your home network's gateway once youve entered an address (e.g. 198.162.1.254) so enter that in this net device. Note: the enp70s0 wont need IP info if using a Linux bridge as the bridge will hold the details.

You will have noticed I have a Linux Bridge in use on vmbr0 so we're going to reassign it to enp70s0: So take a note of the vmbr0 Linux Bridge details, remove & re-add/or just edit existing details to read enp70s0 in place of enp68s0 and bridge ports to = new nic to be used - ie the enp70s0.

The enp70s0 will now become vmbr0, input that nic card's address in ipv4 (eg in my case 192.168.1.144/24), set Gateway ipv4 to your home network gateway (e.g. in my case 192.168.1.254) and finally Set to autostart by checking its box) 

So you have basically swapped the information around from one nic to another and on reboot you've activated the new nic assignment and this will become the default used by proxmox host.

You can see by me BEFORE (see top) and AFTER (see below) details as to how it all now looks.

(Note: to do above you can alternatively use CLI with nano /etc/network/interfaces if you prefer to edit directly)

-----------AFTER---------------

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp70s0
iface enp70s0 inet manual

iface enp68s0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.134/24

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.144/24
    gateway 192.168.1.254
    bridge-ports enp70s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

----------------- ip a AFTER ---------------------------

root@dwd:~# ip a

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host 
2: enp70s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast master vmbr0 state UP group default qlen 1000
3: enp68s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
4: wlp69s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 50:eb:71:77:e7:fa brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
5: vmbr0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
inet 192.168.1.144/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global vmbr0
inet6 2a00:23c6:ab84:8b01:aaa1:59ff:fe16:3385/64 scope global dynamic mngtmpaddr 
valid_lft 314957848sec preferred_lft 314957848sec
inet6 fd65:76f8:30e8:1:aaa1:59ff:fe16:3385/64 scope global dynamic mngtmpaddr 
inet6 fe80::aaa1:59ff:fe16:3385/64 scope link 

--------- DONE -------------

Hope this helps anyone who was confused and reluctant to change nics for fear of losing guest web access to the host like I was!

AFTER images

network bridge.png

network reassign1.png

leave the old gateway nic asddress as was.png

And when we passthrough the Aquantia 00:44: nic :-

vm101.conf contains this addition:

hostpci1: 44:00.0,pcie=1

&

nano /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf contains this addition:

#ethernet - Aquantia 1d6a:07b1 (DeviceName:DeviceID)
options vfio-pci ids=1d6a:07b1

Boot to MacOS and viola! you get this in System Report>Network

The Aquantia ethernet is automatically recognised by Mac OS Catalina!

612508265_Aquantiaworkingnowpassthru.png.63f4d905f4973b1ef59c7ed09510ec11.png

Finally, you can remove or comment out any install leftovers relating to ethernet in your vm conf file, such as:-

# net0: vmxnet3=3E:34:8E:BA:0A:50,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1

Edited by Driftwood
syntax
  • Like 2
  • +1 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, Rox67er said:

I’m working on a table showing which USB port goes to which physical port and is on which USB-hub / pci will share once completed

@Rox67er Did you finish that USB table?
Also when trying to get your hook script working  If I select and copy your perl script text what are using to create the actual script and saving ... nano?

Black Magic Decklink Cards working very well in KVM virtualisation Machines without a problem. Here, a Decklink 8K Pro PCIe card on the 4th lane working no problems inside MacOS Catalina VM. Tested one of the SDI ports 'In 1' on the Decklink , loaded BMD's drivers, quick reboot, ran Decklink Xpress, plugged in a camera, click Record panel, and viola! We have images & Audio. 🙂

VM.conf

hostpci2: 4c:00.0,pcie=1

root@:~# nano /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf:

# Decklink 8K Pro Black Magic Design
options vfio-pci ids=bdbd:a14b

Live Video

1515922168_ScreenShot2020-05-21at23_44_12.png.e6b148d23a6f2e14182ad5137110579f.png

Audio

607692125_ScreenShot2020-05-21at23_24_22.png.7d9e35a3dd7703a8919083369f4c21c1.png

Edited by Driftwood
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I've solved the prolonged boot problem... it took me several days because I forgot a maxim with Hackintoshes. If you get strange boots ,without having made major changes, consider 2 sources: BIOS and OS. That is, our Hackintoshes during our initial builds have frequent crashes/freezes/forced shutdowns. These episodes can lead to corrupted BIOS and macOS.

The fix is to re-flash BIOS. This is fast and pretty easy. I'd done that, but it didn't help. 

The second, and more annoying fix, if you don't have a bootable backup (which I did not on this machine), is do a fresh install of macOS. My Mojave drive was corrupted and this is what led to prolonged boots (2 to 3 minutes, instead of 10 or 15 seconds. So I made a fresh install; this time using Catalina.

I started in Mojave and erased (formatted) the new drive. I then copied the EFI partition contents from the Mojave drive to the new drive's EFI partition in preparation for the next step. (Remember to copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition; don't be too fast and copy the contents of the EFI folder to the other EFI partition: it won't boot). I had already downloaded the Catalina installer onto the Mojave drive and next proceeded to begin the installation on the new drive (named "Catalina"). At the end of the installation, when prompted if I wanted to transfer data, I indicated yes and did a migration between the Mojave and Catalina drives. This allowed me to have almost all settings and apps ready to go. Once I knew it was functioning well (and booting very fast), I created a backup.

The backup was the old Mojave drive: I erase/formatted it (naming it "Macintoth HD"), using Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to duplicate the new Catalina drive. Now there are 2 drives with Catalina. The one labelled "Macintosh HD" will be the main drive and the "Catalina" drive will now become the backup. There was (is?) some documentation for OpenCore indicating that a drive traditionally named "Macintosh HD" will behave better. (I can't swear by this; but I've kept this naming scheme for the main booting macOS drive.) Periodically, while things are stable, I'll run CCC to keep bootable backup current. If I get another corrupted macOS drive, then it's a simple matter to clone the backup back to the "Macintosh HD" drive, saving much time.

• Like 1
  • +1 2

2 minutes ago, iGPU said:

The fix is to re-flash BIOS. This is fast and pretty easy. I'd done that, but it didn't help.

That's good to know. You're on a slightly different board to me but Ill keep an eye on that. As to backups yeah once I get all these devices passed Ill be doing that.

Incidentally, are you using NVMEs to boot Mac OS and a secoindary data nvme? Im trying to stick to chip based storage over spinners. But will  use Spinners to backup data to.

Once Ive got a blueprint written down for every device in this system Ill certainly be wriuting a pdf just in case I have to restart the process.

We are pioneers in this crazy game!

• +1 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

That's good to know. You're on a slightly different board to me but Ill keep an eye on that. As to backups yeah once I get all these devices passed Ill be doing that.

Incidentally, are you using NVMEs to boot Mac OS and a secoindary data nvme? Im trying to stick to chip based storage over spinners. But will  use Spinners to backup data to.

Once Ive got a blueprint written down for every device in this system Ill certainly be wriuting a pdf just in case I have to restart the process.

We are pioneers in this crazy game!

My present drive scheme:

The Proxmox boot drive is a 500GB SATA SSD drive at SATA port 1. At SATA port 2, I installed Windows 10 onto a SATA SSD 1TB drive. I'll boot Windows directly; it makes no sense to me to hassle with VM for Windows on this build; just hold down F12 key during BIOS boot.

On the mobo, in the M.2 slot closest to the CPU, is the 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 (E16), which is the "Macintosh HD" drive. In the next M.2 slot over from that drive, is the "Catalina" drive, which is a slightly slower Sabrent 1TB NVMe (E12). There are 2 other M.2 slots on this mobo, both facing each other adjacent to the 4th PCIe slot, farthest from the CPU. These are presently empty.

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iGPU said:

The Proxmox boot drive is a 500GB SATA SSD drive at SATA port 1. At SATA port 2, I installed Windows 10 onto a SATA SSD 1TB drive. I'll boot Windows directly; it makes no sense to me to hassle with VM for Windows on this build; hold down F12 key during BIOS boot)

Exactly what I did on my old High Sierra Hack, and Ill be doing it on this too. Windows on a separate boot drive and F11 to boot it.

• Supervisor

@AllubzV and  @all interested to solve audio problem

try to pass all your main USB controller and boot with audio jack disconnected (in my case hostpci: 46:00)..audio instead should be 23:00.4 (and do not pass it)

No need to patch FLR

• Like 2

• Supervisor
7 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Exactly what I did on my old High Sierra Hack, and Ill be doing it on this too. Windows on a separate boot drive and F11 to boot it.

I disagree (in friendship) 🙂

ok a separated disk for any OSX..but then I boot from OC or clover to execute one of them and in my  VM test I have also a Catalina OSX on a qemu file.

I would like to understand better problems many of you have to pass your controllers

From your lspci -nnk I see it is possible to pass all controllers in the same way I do (some of them using FLR patch).

Other thing I am very interested is if for you it is mandatory to put stuff on vfio.conf or in blacklist.conf..because it shouldn't (on TRX40)

And, if it is mandatory I see only a main difference from our rigs..GFX card

by the way @Driftwoodpassing your Blackmagic card you did my day better 🙂

Thank you 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I done a bit of digging on other VM's that do passthrough of PCIE/ USB devices. There's a recent 6 day old youtube video posted by a user called Spaceinvader One titled "Quick and easy PCIe device Passthrough for VMs", where he uses a VM called UnRaid and VFIO-PCIe Config Plugin to help with mapping devices PCIe devices, and pitfalls to be aware of in BIOS. 

I'm not sure if this is of any help whatsoever for Proxmox users, being a designated fix for UnRaid VM, but I did read in one of the comments the guy is close to getting thunderbolt working on UnRaid VM.

Maybe/ maybe not, it can assist someone like iGPU who is struggling with a Thunderbolt solution on Proxmox? Anyway here is the youtube link for those interested.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

726640814_ScreenShot2020-05-22at16_43_00.png.b81deba0967c6f58be30cf17dfc8fd2c.png

source

I found this information on Wikipedia relating to Intel High Definition Audio. Under the "Host Controller" section

Nearly all chipsets for x86 processors and x86 SoCs, designed for consumer and embedded PC markets, introduced since 2005, implements integrated HD Audio controller. The most recent exemption in consumer chipset market is AMD TRX40 (launched 2019), which, for first time since the early 2000s, does not itself integrate any kind of audio controller. Instead, motherboard manufacturers places USB audio controller chip, in pair with usual HD Audio codec chip, to provide onboard audio functionality. The Realtek ALC4050H controller and ALC1220 codec is the most common pair used in sTRX4 motherboards.

No wonder you guys are running into issues with audio on TRX40.

• Thanks 1

• Supervisor

in my opinion is an OSX problem (windows VM Is perfect in this), maybe in connection with CPU tsc or frequency..because audio is there..but different problems

Then it seems that some audio USB with DAC have no problem

Researchingyou can see it is also a problem with usb audio in real Mac..

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm having some odd findings that perhaps someone  can shed light upon; it's possible it's unique to my mobo, but I doubt  it.

With the PCIe slots empty except for the GPU in slot 1, I pass 2 NVMe devices, 1 Ethernet port @ 44:00 and 1 USB controller @ 46:00 (the ones at ~4:00 and ~25:00 won't pass) and the built-in BT @ 45:00 (but this only has BT functionality). No SATA is being passed. Things work fine.

If I try to add a Fenzi card (well-regarded in the Hackintosh community) in slot 3 or 4 (passing it at 49:00), I find that no USB is available once macOS boots. No port on the mobo is active; all are without any power. I still have control via Proxmox to stop the VM, but then it won't re-start and I must re-boot everything.

Meanwhile, if I don't pass the native BT @ 45:00, but pass everything else as above, I get into macOS with USB seemingly active. But after 1 or 2 min, the mouse cursor disappears and all is frozen. Proxmox can still.

This sequence is completely repeatable, and I can remove the Fenzi card, re-pass the native BT and all goes back to working as before.

I am mystified as to why USB is being dropped. I'm pretty certain as I write this (but I'm at work so cannot verify) that the Fenzi card is on it's own IOMMU group (I can't see how or why it would be added to an on-board USB controller's IOMMU group).

One test I will try is to add a PCIe USB card (one is on order). This will allow me to pass it in parallel with the Fenzi card to see if that will maintain USB. But then BT probably won't work unless I use the PCIe USB card to provide USB power to the Fenzi card.

Has anyone successfully passed an add-on BT/Wifi card on this build?

• Supervisor

Hi @iGPU

25:00.3 usb

25:00.4 audio

04:00.3 usb

controllers has 149c o 148c as Id ?

if so you can pass it using a proper  patched kerneL

in my case are named 23:00.3 and 4

and 04:00.3 all were unpassable without FLR patch 

For WiFi/bt I can’t say because I haven’t them 

• Like 1

• Supervisor

Ah I have mapped in ioreg all USB ports after passing all usb entire controllers

interesting thing is that high Sierra  does not see usb3 devices

catalina instead yes

i think also usb related problems are due to OS X versions

• Like 1

• Supervisor

again..on audio problem 🙂

installed Catalina 10.15.5 beta 4

USB audio is perfect 

ALC internal audio is not present at all if I connect my speakers on green output jack

if I do not connect and reboot I see Realtek USB 2.0 audio device inbound, but connecting some speakers has no effects

In High Sierra no results at all

I would like to specify that I can obtain these passing all stuff I can (all usb, audio and so on) in Catalina

Same configg in high Sierra no audio

to see audio in high Sierra I have to pass as USB device from web interface but audio is problematic...

So Catalina has better usb audio /port drivers than highSierra

not tested so much in 10.15.4 release..but there I have had similar HS problem

ah, as side note in HS I can't see usb 3 device (if I connect also a simple usb pen (3.0) instead usb 2.0 device are well recognised

I attach my Catalina 10.15.4 ioreg where I have mapped all my USB ports testing usb2/3 devices

for usb audio and internal audio (when this works 😉 ) no need of any additional kext  (no AppleAlc, no voodooHDA)

fabio’s iMac Pro ioreg cata.ioreg.zip

• Like 3

Okay, had a bit of a twiddle with that rogue nic on the ASRock Creator TRX40 board. Pavo took a look at it and totally sorted the problem. Even though I changed it in a post above, it was still going  awol.

Basically, the problem resides in the Realtek 8125 2.5g (the secondary nic in the mobo) and it goes missing sometimes (that's because it's using Proxmox's 'compatible'  8169 driver).

The 'Atlantic' nic or (Aquantia) is always seen but you need to keep that unused for your passthrough OS as the Mac supports this nic.

During my re-installs of Proxmox I never got the option for an IP home network address for the Realtek 8125g - when it was found it was providing only IPv6 mac addresses and gateway grief.

The elegant (yet long-winded approach) method to overcome this problem is to grab hold of the Realtek 8125g driver from their site Realtek 8125g drvr - you'll find it under the Linux section. 

Bind that into your Debian/Proxmox install by ssh and re-edit / ifconfig it to become your default gateway nic. Its a bit tricky but with the massive help of the legendary Pavo he was able to sort it and  viola! Everything is looking sweet now. With his top class authority we whipped thru the rest of the build and got everything working tip top.

So Dual Radeon VIIs working, two MP600s, USBs, and a Black Magic Decklink 8K Pro all going very well. Messages works etc. Using 7,1 smbios in OpenCore with more tweaks from Pavo. Got a lot to think about but after installing my Firewire card (which should be a breeze as it already works in my HS Hack) we should be good to go. Top speed flyer... so all in all the Creator TRX40 from ASRock is not a bad budget board. Though I do like the look of the MSI with tons of m2 nvme reservations... tempted.

PCI10 is the Black Magic Decklink. Notice you have to ROMbar=1 to get it working.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 01.26.39.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 01.26.03.png

Edited by Driftwood
rombar=1 on decklink
  • +1 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:13 AM, iGPU said:

consider 2 sources: BIOS and OS. That

@iGPU I had a bit of that during hardware installation with the Decklink card.

This worked for me:-

1. Shutdown inside macOS like normal

2. ssh into the IP from your MacBook and type Qm stop 100 (ie your VM ID).

3. If no boot screen on reboot or freeze. the only option was to Power down, Switch off at back, pull the power chord, give it 5 secs, replug in power and switch back  on - should restart without losing BIOS settings. Negated having to flash/cmos reset which just gets messy.

Edited by Driftwood

On 5/22/2020 at 8:18 PM, iGPU said:

I am mystified as to why USB is being dropped. I'm pretty certain as I write this (but I'm at work so cannot verify) that the Fenzi card is on it's own IOMMU group (I can't see how or why it would be added to an on-board USB controller's IOMMU group).

Keep a close eye on hardware dev/ids/IRQs changing order in lspci nnk when shifting devices around in the PCIe slots thats for sure! 

My Decklink re-install shifted from 4c:00 to 4d:00; and,  after removing the unsupported wifi/bluetooth card (which occupied enp69s0) adding the Realtek 8125g driver, the Realktek now becomes enp69s0. So keep an eye on shifting sands :-)  I'm now going to replace that Intel 6 Wifi/BT with a supported wifi bluetooth card). Wasted so many hours on this build looking for problems which were simply driver issues...!

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 02.12.52.png

• Supervisor

@Driftwood i cant see here how @Pavosolved your problem i think you are the user he said to help on amd discord channel with realtek and audio problem.

i would like to have this kind of discussion in public because maybe it is usefull also for others. Just my 2 cents in this subject😁

i do not well understand your ethernet problem, in my case also aquantia card take by default an ipv6 address and i can modify it in installation step configuration according my router configuration..but maybe yours problem is different.

Instead solution of scrambling iommu group is pretty simple.

our trx40 motherboard had a bunch of bridges with pcie, nvme and so on

some slots are shared and changing card position or eliminating / adding a nvme disk could have many of the effects you describe above

as personal consideration :

best  trx40 mb is Gigabyte designare.

It has best layout i have ever seen for its slots and a full features including a big thunderbolt value 

maybe fullfill all nvme slot in it could cause some problems in a proxmox/osx environment but it is the only motherboard i would like to have different of mine

Trx40 asrock creator is also fine, in my case not so good because i have 8 sata disk in my rig and it seems it miss 2 sata ports.

• Like 1

@Driftwood @Pavo maybe. Didn't go to him to for audio problems. Just that rogue nic. Ask him about it. It was trouble. It got to a point where it was beyond me and couldn't even get in. I even booted Windows on another drive to check. It found it in Deep Sleep. So I think I'd like to know what happens during an aborted prox install ? Proxmox shows a rollback of the nics if you watch, but what is going on here? It appears to fail the writeback to default dec ids for the realtek?

It could well be that 6.2 straight install is the problem. I think after a failed install or abort this particular nic (the Realtek 8125G) just goes into deep sleep or  just isn't supported 100% in by the included 8169 driver that proxmox uses for it? Who knows @fabiosun ?!

I just needed to get on as have a big video edit to do and wanted to crack on so  I got the experience of Pavo involved and he was a gent. 

As to the weird usb pcie loopback audio driver - I don't know whats going on - all I hear is hiss - but Im not in need of that as I use firewire devices and RME800s so wasnt so fussed. Pavo did give it a look and we checked over a couple of I/Os and it a sounded hissy... Ask Pavo I guess?

Also Im a Discord noob (and Linux noob) Sometimes its quicker to just let someone with experience get on with it!

Edited by Driftwood

• Supervisor

@Driftwood

I don't understand well..but you can ask to all people you desire..I am happy for this (Pavo or other who have experience and no preclusion in this proxmox way)

Your ethernet problem is a mystery for me..I am not understanding well it..but I am sure that 8125 is not supported in OSX and maybe you need a new Mieze kext to have it fully working there.

I think audio is OSX problem, but some workaround are out there (firewire audio as you say, or a well done usb audio with DAC capacity as @iGPU have.

But, when I started this "journey" my goal was to have all working has my previous x299 hack 🙂

Internal Audio is no go..and I have to declare here my loss 🙂 🙂

I can only affirm that in OSX Sierra it is a driver problem and I can have a see (bad) internal audio only passing audio has single device and no as entire controller in this way:

usb2: host=0c76:161f

If I pass entire controller it is not working at all if I have a green speaker connected on backplate audio output.

if I start without audio jack connected I have this but only one working perfect is LG (dp audio Nvidia driver related)

920764190_ScreenShot2020-05-24at15_19_30.png.8d78f8a39cb45a1a2917b4c2a8577466.png

USB Pnp Audio Device works bad the same in HS..work well in Catalina

I have researched a lot on this because is the only thing I miss

It is a coreaudiod related problem and also real Macs could have this problems (by the way, Realtek and usb Audio do not need of any AppleALC or voodooHDA kexts

• Like 1

• Supervisor

Below al controller I can pass in my MSI TRX40 Pro 10G:

PASSED.jpg.c39896b268266f0fd5a2fa5ae2edc63d.jpg

Marked in light yellow are controllers I can pass using FLR patches (id 148c)

All the others mainboard controllers are passed well from first Proxmox release I have installed (6.1)

my next goal is audio..ehm joking 🙂

is to understand if all other USB passed are useful or not..

now I will duplicate this vm and disable all usb except 46:00.1 and 46:00.3..my feeling is that all usb will be there again with other usb...

• Like 1